Set To Break Out?

frizzers

I thought you'd like it.

here's ome more

About Chaparral

Mission Statement

The strategy of Chaparral Resources, Inc. is to acquire and develop foreign oil and gas projects in emerging markets, specifically targeting fields with previously discovered reserves, which have never been commercially produced or could be materially enhanced by Chaparral's management team and technical expertise.

Company Profile

Founded in 1972 and taken public in 1978, Chaparral Resources, Inc. (OTCBB:CHAR) is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company headquartered in White Plains, NY. Chaparral's focus areas include the Republic of Kazakhstan and other independent countries within the former Soviet Union.

Chaparral owns a 60% interest in Closed Type JSC Karakudukmunay ("KKM") in West Kazakhstan, a Kazakh joint stock company that holds a governmental license to develop the Karakuduk Oil Field. KazMunayGaz JSC, the national petroleum company of the Republic of Kazakhstan, is the other stockholder of KKM and owns a 40% interest in KKM. The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan indirectly owns 40% of KKM through KazMunayGaz's direct ownership interest.

In the second quarter of 2002, Central Asian Industrial Holdings, N.V., a private investment holding company organized and existing under the laws of the Netherlands Antilles ("CAIH"), provided a total equity and debt capital infusion of $45 million into the Company and KKM. CAIH is a significant investor in the Kazakh oil sector with significant shareholdings in Hurricane Hydrocarbons Ltd. (NYSE: HHL and TSE: HHL.A) and Nelson Resources, Ltd. (TSE: NLG).

http://www.chaparralresources.com/about.html

Risky?

Borak's a holder, I believe.

On March 13, 2006 the Company announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement with Lukoil to effect a merger into a wholly owned subsidiary of Lukoil. On the effective date of the merger, all issued and outstanding common stock of Chaparral would be exchanged for $5.80 per share in cash. The transaction had been expected to complete in June 2006. On May 1, 2006 the Company filed a Preliminary Proxy Statement on form PREM14A and details of the transaction on Schedule 13E3 as part of the merger process with the Securities Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Subsequent amendments to these forms were filed with the SEC on June 19, 2006. The SEC is continuing their review of these amended forms. Once this review process is complete the Company expects to circulate the proxy statements to all stockholders of record and announce the date of a formal stockholders meeting. The Company does not expect this date to be before the beginning of September 2006.

• 2 years later...

Apologies if this is hi-jacking an old thread, but didn't want to particularly ramp this company, though i suppose drawing attention to them i am :D

Has anyone else been playing UEN, noticed some chunky buys last week and a few sensible comments on ADVFN are suggesting the possibility of a Russian major take out? The down side is clouded with Sberbank loan negotiations that remain unresolved?

Appreciate it won't be everyone cup of tea as already bounced strongly on lows, but were massive falls before that in keeping with many oiler's so after reading a bit on potential of stock and assets had a punt on rumours and strong trades, even managed to get a good position for myself :) . Wondered if anyone else in or has a take, as pondering my next move. Risky buy, gamblers stock?

More on UEN

Dec. 16 (Bloomberg) -- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp., known as Sinopec, is in negotiations to buy London-traded Urals Energy Plc, Kommersant reported, citing unidentified people familiar with the talks.

Shareholders of Urals, which operates in Russia, will get an offer for all shares by the end of the year at a price of no lower than 50 pence (77 cents) apiece, or a total of about $133 million, the Moscow-based newspaper said. Urals closed at 10.75 pence yesterday.

Price yo-yo a go-go. Company just reiterated a RNS saying nothing for certain in effect.

Could soar or end in tears, but in play.

Archived