Jinshan Gold Mines (JIN.v)

drbubb

Bit the bullet and got in at 1.35 :unsure: Not heavily but I guess I'm looking medium term.

Sounds cheap. Time for me to look again

Sounds cheap. Time for me to look again

Did you have a look ? I was a little peeved when it took off down as low as 1.08 but right back up today to 1.29. I've searched far and wide for any negative news but to no avail so concluding it's horribly oversold. Having another look at Capital Gold too - .53 today strangely enough.

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting area play esp in light of recent Olympics attention to area... Chinese are here to stay, Can't wait to see what they will do for commodities and base metal demands

Some news on Jinshan - change of management with chief exec and chief operating officer stepping aside for Chinese to take over.

Also, a $19.1m loan, which includes a linked deal on warrants that I haven't got my head round yet, can anyone else explain?

Share price down to CAN $0.95.

August was record month for production with 6,415 ounces up from 4,810 in June.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/jins...D&dist=hppr

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/ji...on,535275.shtml

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Monday, December 01, 2008

Jinshan Increases Dadiangou Gold Resource by 34%; Upgrades Over Half of Deposit to Indicated Status

VANCOUVER, CANADA - Jinshan Gold Mines Inc. (TSX: JIN) is pleased to announce an updated resource estimate for its Dadiangou gold project in Gansu Province, China. The total resource tonnage has increased by 39% and the total contained gold has increased by 34% over the previous resource estimate announced January 31, 2008. The Dadiangou Project now hosts Indicated Resources of 20.0 million tonnes at 0.87 g/t gold for 545,000 ounces of contained gold and Inferred Resources of 16.6 million tonnes at 0.96 g/t gold for 498,000 ounces of contained gold, both at 0.4 grams per tonne (g/t) cut-off grade. Within the overall resource, a higher-grade core zone (consisting of both inferred and indicated resources) has been defined which contains approximately 60% of the total gold resources within 25% of the total tonnage and grades 2.05 to 2.07 g/t gold.

To view the entire release, click on the attached file...

• 2 weeks later...
Monday, December 01, 2008

Jinshan Increases Dadiangou Gold Resource by 34%; Upgrades Over Half of Deposit to Indicated Status

VANCOUVER, CANADA - Jinshan Gold Mines Inc. (TSX: JIN) is pleased to announce an updated resource estimate for its Dadiangou gold project in Gansu Province, China. The total resource tonnage has increased by 39% and the total contained gold has increased by 34% over the previous resource estimate announced January 31, 2008. The Dadiangou Project now hosts Indicated Resources of 20.0 million tonnes at 0.87 g/t gold for 545,000 ounces of contained gold and Inferred Resources of 16.6 million tonnes at 0.96 g/t gold for 498,000 ounces of contained gold, both at 0.4 grams per tonne (g/t) cut-off grade. Within the overall resource, a higher-grade core zone (consisting of both inferred and indicated resources) has been defined which contains approximately 60% of the total gold resources within 25% of the total tonnage and grades 2.05 to 2.07 g/t gold.

To view the entire release, click on the attached file...

Doing very nicely... Pity I didn't get my finger out last week and buy some! Reckon it's still a worth it?

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=TSE%3AJIN

It's run up to resistance near 70 cents ... chart

Dont buy it here. Await a pullback, or a break above resistance

• 7 months later...

Anyone still in this one?

I have been holding a few since January '09 and they are amongst my top performers at +128%. As I write this they are up another 11.4% today.

Mundoro Mining MUN have 9 million proven ounces of gold under the ground on their property in China...

They are presently trading at .76 cents with 39 million shares fully diluted.. = $29 million MC

Thats $3.20 for one once of gold in the ground !!

when and if that happens then Jinshan will skyrocket..

The Chinese want more gold mines in China.....NOW .jinshan....is eying....mun it has 9 million proven ounces...if they add it> jinshan goes toooooooo.................................. boom they go to$9 - $10 dollars $12.....cheers Gold price poised for spectacular and prolonged rally - Peter Schiff

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on with Jinshan - up another 13.2% today to $1.72

I am now up 240% in 6 months on this one.

• 6 months later...

This one's performed beautifully for me, I'm pleased to report but I'm now thinking of getting out before a nasty correction. Closed at C$4.05 yesterday and intraday high today of C$4.12 !

Anyone still holding ? Pixel, perhaps . . .

This one's performed beautifully for me, I'm pleased to report but I'm now thinking of getting out before a nasty correction. Closed at C$4.05 yesterday and intraday high today of C$4.12 !

I sold too soon (again)

• 1 month later...

Hi Justin,

Yes still holding as we have just gone through $6, I am now up 1360% in just over a year!!! :D

There is lots of talk that this is going a lot higher still towards the $20 price. China National Gold are supposed to be injecting many mines into Jinshan over the next year and using Jinshan as an instrument to buy lots more foreign mines.

China National Gold Group Corp (CNGG), the country's second largest gold producer, will transfer several gold mines as assets to its Canadian subsidiary Jinshan Gold Mines this year and acquire more mining assets abroad through Jinshan.

Song Xin, vice-president of CNGG, told China Daily yesterday that the company was in talks to buy several gold mines over seas, but declined to give details.

"Our target investment destinations include neighbors such as Russia and Mongolia, as well as North America, Australia and Africa,"said Song."Jinshan will serve as an overseas investment platform, because as a company listed on the Toronto stock exchange, it has easier access to foreign investors and mining assets."

• 4 weeks later...

WTF !! :o JIN dropped 16% today . . . with volume. Any ideas what happened. I'd love to chisel my way back in after dumping at around C$5 but if there's more downside on the way . . . .

WTF !! :o JIN dropped 16% today . . . with volume. Any ideas what happened. I'd love to chisel my way back in after dumping at around C$5 but if there's more downside on the way . . . .

Large tree shake going on in Jinshan at the moment, down 17.5% yesterday on no news. I haven't sold any let as I still think this miner has further to go, so IMO this is a good opportunity for buying for those not in.

Current price is $4.61 I expect to see a rebound off $4.23 (38.2% fibonacci retrace) if we get that far. Positive news should be coming out soon re. gold projects in Mongolia & the Jiama property.

There was a lot of volume yesterday, but to me it is just a tree shake as there was no news and lots of buyers as well. The difference between sellers and buyers was only about 300,000.

Just my 2 pence worth.

20100504-phy5dkcg9gb33ujmb1irfn1qjd.jpg

Jinshan Gold Mines Cites No Material Changes To Its Business Plan To Account For Share Price Decline

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, May 05, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Jinshan Gold Mines Inc. (CA:JIN 3.93, -0.23, -5.53%) announces that the company has had no material adverse changes to its business plan to warrant the recent decline in its share price. The company remains very confident in its main project the CSH gold mine in Inner Mongolia. In the summer of 2010 Jinshan is contemplating further exploration at its CSH mine with the goal of expanding the deposit. The company also continues to make progress on a number of business initiatives, including those indentified in past news releases.

About Jinshan

Jinshan is a mining company whose principal property is the CSH Gold Mine. Jinshan began producing gold at the CSH Gold Mine in July 2007. Jinshan's shares are listed on the TSX under the symbol "JIN".

Forward-Looking Statements: Statements in this release that are forward-looking statements, are subject to various risks and uncertainties concerning the specific factors disclosed under the heading "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in the company's MD&A, financial statements and other periodic filings with Canadian securities regulators. Such information contained herein represents management's best judgment as of the date hereof based on information currently available. Jinshan does not assume the obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.

Large tree shake going on in Jinshan at the moment, down 17.5% yesterday on no news. I haven't sold any let as I still think this miner has further to go, so IMO this is a good opportunity for buying for those not in.

Current price is $4.61 I expect to see a rebound off $4.23 (38.2% fibonacci retrace) if we get that far. Positive news should be coming out soon re. gold projects in Mongolia & the Jiama property.

There was a lot of volume yesterday, but to me it is just a tree shake as there was no news and lots of buyers as well. The difference between sellers and buyers was only about 300,000.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Went a little bit lower than I was expecting, bottom price was $3.90. Bouncing back nicely on decent volume $5.08 currently, glad I held on. I am expecting somewhere in the region of $20 this year, if all goes to plan.

Did you catch the bottom Justin?

Went a little bit lower than I was expecting, bottom price was $3.90. Bouncing back nicely on decent volume $5.08 currently, glad I held on. I am expecting somewhere in the region of $20 this year, if all goes to plan.

Did you catch the bottom Justin?

if it gets near $20 this year i'll be a very happy man. managed to get in at about $0.60 last year and planning to hold for quite a while

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

C$2.78 as I type. I want to get back in as the volume to the downside isn't looking too bad but I'm a bit worried about the potential for a rout on the next round of deleveraging.

• 4 weeks later...

With Jinshan's (JIN) name change to China Gold International Resource (CGG) they appear to have dropped off the CREST system for settlement of shares.

I held Jinshan within my UK ISA, I am now being informed by my broker that the new stock CGG is not within the CREST system, so they will now have to issue me with a share certificate. This will mean that the stock drops out of the tax wrapper of an ISA and will also make it harder for me to sell.

Does anyone know if CGG is planning to list on the CREST system?

Archived