tinecu

Where's Goldfinger?

Goldfinger moves to Germany and http://www.iii.co.uk/shares/?type=news&amp...;action=article

All very suspicious. Has he been persuaded to sell?

BERLIN, March 13 (Reuters) - Germany is considering the possibility of euro zone countries using their central banks' gold reserves to back a European Monetary Fund, German magazine Focus reported on Saturday.

The German Finance Ministry declined to comment on the report by Focus, which did not specify its sources.

"A proposal from the finance ministry suggests pooling the gold reserves of the former central banks of euro zone countries in a stabilisation fund," Focus wrote.

According to Focus, Greece still has around 112 tonnes of gold, while the German Bundesbank has 3,407 tonnes with a market value of around 90 billion euros.

German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble on Friday repeated his call for a fund which could, as a last resort, offer help to euro zone states facing bankruptcy.

Hmm. That is interesting.... and suspicious

Where was he, when Gordon Brown sold half the UK's gold at $250?

Perhaps this is hold he builds his gold hoard?

Trouble for Germany is that her Gold is supposedly held safely in Fort Knox. :lol:

It used to be. But after GF's move, can we still be sure of that?

moving_the_gold.jpg

Moving_towards_inland_from_Gold_Beach.jp

zzzzw.jpg

centrum.jpg

gold-bars-775426.jpg

Goldfinger.jpg.001qu.jpg

New location - New safety

All very entertaining but I would really appreciate it if GF would drop in, just to say he hasn't been taken out if nothing else.

First CGNAO and now GF. Don't you moderators keep in touch at all?

First CGNAO and now GF. Don't you moderators keep in touch at all?

Unfortunately, I have never met either of these two GEI celebrities.

Perhaps, if I traveled more...

GOLDFINGER (the Bond film) is on TV here tonight.

I had forgotten how good it is.

I just saw the scene where Bind drops a bar of gold on the green while GF is putting, and he misses a one foot put, so distracted is he. Then later, GF asks to increase the wager to "the gold bar you are carrying."

Bond first objects, saying: "But it is worth 5,000 Pounds."

I wonder what it is worth today?

Video :

Later, Bond is tied to a huge gold bar, with a power laser slicing through it, on its way to dismembering Bond.

Worried that his life is threatened, Bond says to GF: "Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to DIE !"

Video:

goldfing.jpg

A worthy villain. A pity that Brown and Greenspan are not also in the film.

It could have three of the greatest villains ever.

== ==

Auric Goldfinger is a fictional character and the main antagonist in the James Bond film and novel Goldfinger. His first name, Auric, is an adjective meaning of gold. Ian Fleming chose the name to commemorate the architect Ernő Goldfinger, who had built his home in Hampstead next door to Fleming's; he disliked Goldfinger's style of architecture and destruction of Victorian terraces and decided to name a memorable villain after him.[1] According to a 1965 Forbes article and The New York Times, the Goldfinger persona was based on gold mining magnate Charles W. Engelhard, Jr.[2]

x_auric_ent_02.jpg

In 2003, the American Film Institute declared Auric Goldfinger the 49th greatest villain in the past 100 years of film. In a poll on IMDb, Auric Goldfinger was voted the most sinister James Bond villain, beating out in order Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Dr. No, Max Zorin, and Emilio Largo.[3] Wizard Magazine listed Auric Goldfinger as the 91st greatest villain of all time.[citation needed]

Auric Goldfinger was played by Gert Fröbe, and was voiced by Michael Collins. Goldfinger was banned in Israel after it was revealed that Fröbe had been a member of the Nazi party during World War II. The ban, however, was lifted many years later when a Jewish family publicly thanked Fröbe for protecting them from persecution during the war.

002vyg.jpg : Charles%20Engelhard.jpg

Gert Frobe ................................. : Charles Englehard *

Gert Fröbe, who did not speak English well, was dubbed in the film by Michael Collins, an English actor. In the German version Fröbe dubbed himself back again. Of his role as Goldfinger, Fröbe later remarked: "I am a big man, and I have a laugh to match my size. The ridiculous thing is that since I played Goldfinger in the James Bond film there are some people who still insist on seeing me as a cold, ruthless villain - a man without laughs.

/see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auric_Goldfinger

== ==

*Englehard, the real Goldfinger

002gme.jpg

THE PLOT:

GF wants to break into Fort Knox. But he will NOT be stealing the Gold.

Does anyone recall his "inspired" plan?

http://xkcd.com/123/

THE PLOT:

GF wants to break into Fort Knox. But he will NOT be stealing the Gold.

Does anyone recall his "inspired" plan?

Was he going to do an audit?

GOLDFINGER (the Bond film) is on TV here tonight.

...Bond is tied to a huge gold bar, with a power laser slicing through it, on its way to dismembering Bond.

Worried that his life is threatened, Bond says to GF: "Do you expect me to talk?"

Video:

Obviously, Goldfinger was the original Bond vigilantee

Does GF post on any other forums?

Occasionally on goldismoney.info. He keeps a thread there about long-term aspects of gold.

G0ldfinger, are you out there? Just post to say hello. How's your move going?

Edit: ziknik just beat me. .info not .com

A lot of speculation on here. :lol:

Hi everyone

I am still 'alive', but not momentarily posting or reading due to a change in my career. Everything is fine, just a lot on my plate at the moment. :)

GF

Hi, GF.

How have you been?

I hope the move went well. And once things settle down for you, we will see you posting more regularly.