Trading Volatility, Ballasted by Gold

Don't take this the wrong way romans but I always felt that you were trying to make the trade on silver that you would have liked to have made back in August 2010, ie to get on board at that point. That rise in silver was a very unusual situation that was brought about by a range of factors working together and is unlikely to be repeated very often. I've seen others act in a similar way too and have noticed it occasionally in my own trading.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't take this the wrong way romans but I always felt that you were trying to make the trade on silver that you would have liked to have made back in August 2010, ie to get on board at that point. That rise in silver was a very unusual situation that was brought about by a range of factors working together and is unlikely to be repeated very often. I've seen others act in a similar way too and have noticed it occasionally in my own trading.

Yes, I was too bullish on bullion. But now purged of bias, my new strategy is to trade purely on the volatility. I'm 'hoping' to see a grind downwards in silver, buy, then sell on the bounce. This would see AGQ down to say 10 with a bounce to say 20. On selling I might even get so bold as to put in a short. Whether long term silver goes to new heights, I shall remain agnostic. :rolleyes:

longterm_zpsd293bb52.png

"This would see AGQ down to say 10 with a bounce to say 20"

That's a long way down. Do you still think so?

Gold may have bottomed. and could be forming an "inverted Right Shoulder"

"This would see AGQ down to say 10 with a bounce to say 20"

That's a long way down. Do you still think so?

Gold may have bottomed. and could be forming an "inverted Right Shoulder"

Well, it's conceivable, which would se silver down to new post-spike lows.

If instead silver does manage a rally here, I may short it.

Not much sign of inflation (yet)... so it may work well.

But the Chinese keep buying gold, and if Americans ever get gold (and silver) fever again, we may see a big move

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like new lows are beckoning. AGQ already down to 15.40. Another decent washout and I'll be tempted to pile in for a bounce.

So say it doesn't come, and the price falls even further after buying. You'd have to think a bounce would come eventually and rescue your position.

Keep thinking similar, but then again once bitten and all that.

LSIL now breached year lows and despite little rally, not seen these prices since 2010. Down it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

Keep thinking similar, but then again once bitten and all that.

LSIL now breached year lows and despite little rally, not seen these prices since 2010. Down it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

Yes, I think the trick is to jump in and out doubly quick. Sorry, have been writing poetry lately.... helps to distract the mind. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

short silver? really?

pdac often marks some sort of top - that's next week

• 2 weeks later...

Archived