romans holiday

Trading Volatility, Ballasted by Gold

Don't take this the wrong way romans but I always felt that you were trying to make the trade on silver that you would have liked to have made back in August 2010, ie to get on board at that point. That rise in silver was a very unusual situation that was brought about by a range of factors working together and is unlikely to be repeated very often. I've seen others act in a similar way too and have noticed it occasionally in my own trading.

Don't take this the wrong way romans but I always felt that you were trying to make the trade on silver that you would have liked to have made back in August 2010, ie to get on board at that point. That rise in silver was a very unusual situation that was brought about by a range of factors working together and is unlikely to be repeated very often. I've seen others act in a similar way too and have noticed it occasionally in my own trading.

Yes, I was too bullish on bullion. But now purged of bias, my new strategy is to trade purely on the volatility. I'm 'hoping' to see a grind downwards in silver, buy, then sell on the bounce. This would see AGQ down to say 10 with a bounce to say 20. On selling I might even get so bold as to put in a short. Whether long term silver goes to new heights, I shall remain agnostic. :rolleyes:

longterm_zpsd293bb52.png

"This would see AGQ down to say 10 with a bounce to say 20"

That's a long way down. Do you still think so?

Gold may have bottomed. and could be forming an "inverted Right Shoulder"

"This would see AGQ down to say 10 with a bounce to say 20"

That's a long way down. Do you still think so?

Gold may have bottomed. and could be forming an "inverted Right Shoulder"

Well, it's conceivable, which would se silver down to new post-spike lows.

If instead silver does manage a rally here, I may short it.

Not much sign of inflation (yet)... so it may work well.

But the Chinese keep buying gold, and if Americans ever get gold (and silver) fever again, we may see a big move

Not much sign of inflation (yet)... so it may work well.

But the Chinese keep buying gold, and if Americans ever get gold (and silver) fever again, we may see a big move

Sure,........... eventually.

Silver still looks weak at the moment.

Target for LSIL? Maybe as low as 13ish, unless the trend breaks.

Looking more and more likely.

Looking more and more likely.

A decent dip in silver down to 17 odd would see AGQ in the low teens, if not 10. Am looking to buy around there and sell on the bounce.

Looks like new lows are beckoning. AGQ already down to 15.40. Another decent washout and I'll be tempted to pile in for a bounce.

So say it doesn't come, and the price falls even further after buying. You'd have to think a bounce would come eventually and rescue your position.

Looks like new lows are beckoning. AGQ already down to 15.40. Another decent washout and I'll be tempted to pile in for a bounce.

So say it doesn't come, and the price falls even further after buying. You'd have to think a bounce would come eventually and rescue your position.

Keep thinking similar, but then again once bitten and all that.

LSIL now breached year lows and despite little rally, not seen these prices since 2010. Down it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

Keep thinking similar, but then again once bitten and all that.

LSIL now breached year lows and despite little rally, not seen these prices since 2010. Down it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

Yes, I think the trick is to jump in and out doubly quick. Sorry, have been writing poetry lately.... helps to distract the mind. :rolleyes:

Dear Santa,

One more decent spike down for Xmas please. :rolleyes:

Dear Santa

if you do mange it to 10c, can you also wrap some imodium in the parcels of all paper longs :lol:

Looking bottom.

Will look at buying AGQ [short term!]:

1] On a decent dip down here.

2] Or at a later date if/ when an uptrend establishes itself.

No rush.

You could miss the rally...

And I could see another dip in silver yet.... Who knows. If there is a rally here, I don't mind siting on the side lines for a bit. If it turns into a longer up trend, then can buy. So all things considered, a good time to sit on the side lines for now.

Silver looking like it wants to roll over and do a dive. Dry powder ready in wait. :rolleyes:

The previous waterfall fell from 30 to 20, so that means silver could here go from 20 to 14. :o

Glad kept my powder dry too.

LSIL testing fresh lows dipping under the 13 mark last 24 hours!

Indeed! I'd like to see another washout.... say silver to 16 odd before buying for the bounce... see at say 20. With these doubled instruments, a trade like that would see a near 100% return.

short silver? really?

pdac often marks some sort of top - that's next week

OK, so New Zealand, my home country, is the first in the developed world to started hiking the cash rate. Does this signal the turn of the cycle? Gold up to 1370... pushing 1400.

Interesting spot for gold as it backed away from 1400. Will it bounce at round this 1300 mark and prove the bottom in, or head lower and further correct.