Gold Bulls - "Clawing the Sky" as prices fall

drbubb

Yeah, that must have been one hell of a roller coaster ride. You must be tempted to sell just a little when it hits $21 again. C'mon be honest. :lol:

Why would I? Given my price targets, silver is still close to for free.

Just hold your nose when buying that FSN stuff. :lol:

Pardon me?

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you are not expecting the price to shoot up when India's order gets filled, or you are thinking their order is below $1000?

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=143953

Central Banks are hardly known for their timely buying.

I was buying Gold and Gold shares when they were truly cheap.

Remember, I am a few million ahead of most here, in my Gold buying

As a nutter who insists on trying to support an obviously broken fiat system, you are right to pick on Pixel8r - someone who has consistently shared his own (correct) insights into what is unfolding. It is not too late to swallow your pride, admit you are wrong and get on board :lol:

Never make assumptions.

I have been "on board" gold since it was $520

However, I am not a religious fanatic and have not once gloated, boasted, raved, pumped or pontificated on it.

It was bought as a hedge, not a speculation and it has brought forward my retirement a few years.

I sold about a week ago, pocketed the gains nicely, and may buy more when it screeches back down to 500 again (soon).

how do you know

some may not feel the need to tell others of their wealth

the richest (in money terms) i know do not feel the need to brag about it

of course real wealth is not measured in money

thought the sinclair image was good but it is relevant to prechter also and prechter is wrong on this one

Amazing how certain questions get completely ignored, as they don't fit into Prechter's outlook.

You know the song...first they ignore you, then they blah blah....then you win!

Both sides play the same tunes, so we go back to the ignore phase.

However, I 100% agree with you pixel8r - India has got the imf gold at a great discount. All these fools that don't realise that Governments print money at will and more importantly have shown that will go to any lengths to do it and will protect their own kin.

So let's have a quick recap of what we have learnt from 2008/2009:

1) Bear, ML, Lehman killed so that GS have no competition and to pretend to fail so that panic ensues

2) AIG saved to save GS

3) Obama gives 'hope' a bad name

4) Obama appoints GS henchmen to key positions

5) Everyone can see that Obama is an actor - read history my asre - puppet masters are still pulling the strings

6) QE is the fancy name for printing money that debases the general publics savings

7) Inflation is the tool that will be used to get people with weak hands to swop their gold (common man wants something for nothing, even if it is nothing)

8) ClimateGate has been exposed - this an element of the Fear that is now not so scary to the general public (the earth changes all the time, get over it and maybe embrace it?)

9) Dubai has said "fcuk you" to the predominatly western investors - My pet theory atm is that Abu Dhabi will use Dubai as leverage to break the AED peg from USD, Oil will be priced against a basket of currencies that includes Gold/Silver

10) China and India are BUYING Gold

I could go on...but I think the converted have been converted. The rest I trust in the hands of the lord.

1200 could have been a signifcant top for a while and though gold might not sell off immediately here, I wouldn't be surprised to see it back to the 900 handle in the next few months on the return of risk aversion.

I would be buying at $1075 but I fear we wil lnot see sub £700 and as I would be swapping for £'s now may still be a good time to buy/average in..

Never make assumptions.

I have been "on board" gold since it was $520

However, I am not a religious fanatic and have not once gloated, boasted, raved, pumped or pontificated on it.

It was bought as a hedge, not a speculation and it has brought forward my retirement a few years.

I sold about a week ago, pocketed the gains nicely, and may buy more when it screeches back down to 500 again (soon).

Best of luck with that one.

I would be buying at $1075 but I fear we wil lnot see sub £700 and as I would be swapping for £'s now may still be a good time to buy/average in..

Good point. Some might decide to wait before buying.... but then you'd have to ask yourself what currency you should be waiting in. Which is the logic for buying some dollars. I have been telling family to buy gold now with Kiwi dollars that are on steroids... they dither... and the kiwi dollar weakens....

It's a real shame that US dollars have been so rubbished by some.... even considered the "enemy". But even if they were the "enemy" [and preserving wealth akin to warfare], I thought the enemy was to never be under-estimated.

how do you know

thought the sinclair image was good but it is relevant to prechter also and prechter is wrong on this one

Come on. It is hardly a constant feature of my postings on GEI.

This explains why I have a different perspective that some here, and do not mind missing out on some gains,

that others feel strongly motivated NOT to miss, even if it means riding a rollercoaster

So now you will tell us that you have bought physical gold?

from http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=16080

Why buy physical gold? Reasons not to:

- High transaction costs,

- Storage costs, and security issues,

- You have to "come up with the money", no gearing available,

BUT in an extreme situation, physical gold may come in handy. And with physicals, you have no credit risk. Gold is the only currency that is not someone else's liability.

As a successful investor in this sector, I have never bought physical gold. Years ago, I owned some silver. But I tend think that (at least for this stage in the sector), you can do better with: mining stocks, futures, and CFDs.

Also, with futures and CFD spread bets: you get to chose the currency of gearing. If you buy physical Gold with Sterling, and the dollar drops, there may be no benefit. If you buy Gold futures or a CFD, and the dollar drops, you will win with the futures.

You have also just shown the entire world what a callous man you are.

Don't worry though, not everyone who is young is uneducated and unresourceful. We will destroy the fiat money system and all those that hang on to it.

Anyone that hasn't been able to buy a home should join me. Anyone that has had to shift from job to job, from rental place to rental place should join me.

Has anyone else got a website home for me? I am not sure I will be welcome here anymore.

Amazing how certain questions get completely ignored, as they don't fit into Prechter's outlook.

If Prechter is calling a top in Au, then the gold bugs on here should rightly be worried.

The law of averages suggest that he has to get one right eventually.

;)

That still doesn't answer my question. I was asking what price do you think the Indian's have put in for the purchase of the rest of the IMF gold.

I think if the price does go anywhere near $1025 the IMF gold will be bought by either India or China and the price will go straight back up.

If Prechter is calling a top in Au, then the gold bugs on here should rightly be worried.

;)

I guess he was once about 20 years ago, so you are right he is due to be right again on day. :P

;)

Per Yelnick:

Prechter as Top-Rated Short-Term, Dead Last Long-Term

Prechter's EWI comes out as the best short term service over the past two years. This will surprise a lot of Prechter bashers. His problem is his Lost Decade from 1994-2004, where he missed the extended fifth wave aka the dot-com bubble. He got his mojo back in 2005, and is rated in this article as the best since 2007.

From my own tally, he called the top in June 2007, which while a bit early was a great call, as the July and Oct tops were not much higher and his followers could not only avoid the debacle but play it all the way down. He called the bottom in late Feb 2009, just a few weeks away from the Mar6 bottom. He called the top in early August, a bit early; in reading his services I didn't think we got there until late Aug. We are only modestly up from then (5%). Now he has gone all in with his leveraged 200% short call. Monday it looked like a turkey; but today it looks prescient, given the meltdown overseas and the US futures.

You know the song...first they ignore you, then they blah blah....then you win!

Both sides play the same tunes, so we go back to the ignore phase.

However, I 100% agree with you pixel8r - India has got the imf gold at a great discount. All these fools that don't realise that Governments print money at will and more importantly have shown that will go to any lengths to do it and will protect their own kin.

So let's have a quick recap of what we have learnt from 2008/2009:

1) Bear, ML, Lehman killed so that GS have no competition and to pretend to fail so that panic ensues

2) AIG saved to save GS

3) Obama gives 'hope' a bad name

4) Obama appoints GS henchmen to key positions

5) Everyone can see that Obama is an actor - read history my asre - puppet masters are still pulling the strings

6) QE is the fancy name for printing money that debases the general publics savings

7) Inflation is the tool that will be used to get people with weak hands to swop their gold (common man wants something for nothing, even if it is nothing)

8) ClimateGate has been exposed - this an element of the Fear that is now not so scary to the general public (the earth changes all the time, get over it and maybe embrace it?)

9) Dubai has said "fcuk you" to the predominatly western investors - My pet theory atm is that Abu Dhabi will use Dubai as leverage to break the AED peg from USD, Oil will be priced against a basket of currencies that includes Gold/Silver

10) China and India are BUYING Gold

I could go on...but I think the converted have been converted. The rest I trust in the hands of the lord.

Good to have a recap for those with short memories or those swayed by the latest opinion! I would add one more - rich people taking physical delivery of bullion

The cartels plan doesn't appear to be going to plan, time for a rethink DrBubb?

I still think we will end up closing around the same price we started today, as it has been for weeks now.

gold-10.gif

how do you know

I am thinking of getting one of these tee shirts for someone I know, what do you think?

i_may_be_a_dick_head_but_im_loaded_tshirt-p235278998627481306s564_400.jpg

Archived