Gold Bulls - "Clawing the Sky" as prices fall

drbubb

Give me an example of my "combative tone", if you will please?

Sure off the top of my head:

Calling people who are considering to buy property just now idiots even though you have no idea of their personal circumstances or how much they are paying.

Berating those who did not get in at the bottom of the housing market for not having foresight again without any regard to what their personal circumstances may have been at the time.

Going on to HPC and shouting from the roof tops and openly saying here you enjoyed going on there to ruffle feathers that the top of the stock indexes was in even though it kept going higher.

Shall I go on? The record is here if you want specific quotes.

If I am mis-interpreting your style then I am not the only one. As another poster has already highlighted.

If combative is your style then thats fine just dont berate others for highlighting it for what it is.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you mean the second title?*

I changed it from nothing, to something else very briefly, and then this because I want the Gold Bulls

to see there was some value to them in posting in this thread too.

Even if we have put in an important top, Gold will not fall straight down, and the nimble might want

to try to call (or even trade) the ups and downs. If the mark had been open when it was below $1140,

I might have done a little buying myself, to catch a bounce or whatever

I see Gold as a hedge for my SPX Puts

== ==

*I think you know that I frequently change thread titles to reflect the changing content posted below them.

I have found that some here have an annoying tendency to take a title from weeks or months earlier

(like the old "gold may be done here" thread), and then use it as a straw man, to puts criticism.

That thread was an accurate forecast, prices fell from late May into August, and some spinsters were

doing their best to make it appear as if I had a wrong forecast. Very annoying !

I shall leave this here.

You and I and others know the truth, but it's not worth the hassle.

Moving on.

Personally i think that this discussion should be about that later part:

1) What are the new support levels for gold in the $1100-$1200 range?

2) Why do we think this supports are at those positions? i.e. what charting/trending

3) When and how low do we expect the pullback to be? (will we retest $1000 for example)

4) What other factors affect these figures? (ie. Christmas season, India buying more Gold etc.)

Let's stop the niggly nature of this thread and get back to discussing some facts n' figures please folks :D

- Pye

Exactly.

That's far more useful than an "I told you so" thread, isnt it?

BTW, I did tell you, didnt I? But lets not discuss that

This chart is working okay for intraday trades : Gold/GBS

I shall leave this here.

You and I and others know the truth, but it's not worth the hassle.

Moving on.

The Truth?

I though I just explained it? Else there is a mystery

Seems all amazingly trivial to me

Sure off the top of my head:

Calling people who are considering to buy property just now idiots even though you have no idea of their personal circumstances or how much they are paying.

Berating those who did not get in at the bottom of the housing market for not having foresight again without any regard to what their personal circumstances may have been at the time.

Going on to HPC and shouting from the roof tops and openly saying here you enjoyed going on there to ruffle feathers that the top of the stock indexes was in even though it kept going higher.

Shall I go on? The record is here if you want specific quotes.

If I am mis-interpreting your style then I am not the only one. As another poster has already highlighted.

If combative is your style then thats fine just dont berate others for highlighting it for what it is.

None of that is "personal".

I am much more combatative on HPC, in case you havent noticed.

Sometimes you need to be LOUD to get over the heavy volume of noise on that site.

If you have any examples from GEI, I'd be pleased to see them

It is perfect valid to do so, It that is your investing method.

And some who invest in Gold "for the long term" may want to do speculative trades around a core position.

Personally, I see a reasonable chance for the Dollar to rally back to USD-92, and if that happens,

I expect Gold to be below $1000, and even possibly below $900

That would be a blessing! Change those greenies into gold. Bring it on!

Ah that explains it.

I saw the 'support levels and bounces' bit change earlier this am and when i double checked it was as i thought and ammended by post.

Personally i think that this discussion should be about that later part:

1) What are the new support levels for gold in the $1100-$1200 range?

2) Why do we think this supports are at those positions? i.e. what charting/trending

3) When and how low do we expect the pullback to be? (will we retest $1000 for example)

4) What other factors affect these figures? (ie. Christmas season, India buying more Gold etc.)

Let's stop the niggly nature of this thread and get back to discussing some facts n' figures please folks :D

- Pye

EDIT: Ding 300 posts - happy to be a member of the GEI tri-centurion club.

Good post. Well, I think maybe this pull back might have broken the spell where investors were chasing gold up on the liquidity trade. They will now be nervously eyeing any knock on effects on peripheral/ marginal economies in Eastern Europe and the health of European banks... not to mention the credit market contagion.

1200 could have been a signifcant top for a while and though gold might not sell off immediately here, I wouldn't be surprised to see it back to the 900 handle in the next few months on the return of risk aversion.

[i should add that though I try to be objective as possible - is it ever possible to be purely objective? - this view could be a wee bit subjectively coloured as I am already heavily invested in gold..... and will now only be a stubborn buyer at lower prices]

Good post. Well, I think maybe this pull back might have broken the spell where investors were chasing gold up on the liquidity trade. They will now be nervoulsy eyeing any knock on effects on other peripheral economies in Eastern Europe and the health of European banks... not to mention the credit markets. 1200 could have been a signifcant top for a while and though gold might not sell off immiediately here, I wouldn't be surprised to see it back to 900 in the next few months on the return of risk aversion [i should add that though I do try to be objective, this view could be a wee bit subjectively coloured as I am already heavily invested and will now only be a stubborn buyer at lower prices].

I agree with that, and hope we can see some useful two-way debate about how likely this might be

It is perfect valid to do so, It that is your investing method.

And some who invest in Gold "for the long term" may want to do speculative trades around a core position.

Personally, I see a reasonable chance for the Dollar to rally back to USD-92, and if that happens,

I expect Gold to be below $1000, and even possibly below $900

So you are not expecting the price to shoot up when India's order gets filled, or you are thinking their order is below $1000?

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=143953

Dr Bubb is right. Today's move shows Gold is a totally speculative market highly vulnerable to shocks.

HPC were very strong and draconian on gold-fanatics - only one thread allowed or the post was moved.

Dr Bubb, I suspect a lot of them moved here because you are more polite and reasonable.

One thing they seem to forget is that you created, host and lead this site.

Maybe some form of gold-bug management is now required on here as they infect each thread and put off people who want a broader more balanced view of markets.

Some of the gold-nuts on here (especially the "photographer") should be treated as trolls for a while or this site will truly suffer.

As a nutter who insists on trying to support an obviously broken fiat system, you are right to pick on Pixel8r - someone who has consistently shared his own (correct) insights into what is unfolding. It is not too late to swallow your pride, admit you are wrong and get on board :lol:

Up $20 in the blink of an eye now.

:lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Yep. Volatility will be normal from now on. Just lets get used to it. Buy the dips. Or just chip away month in month out. You wont lose so much. In the long run we are all on the same team just about. Not much point squabbling about the entree, IMO. Just grab it while it is still there to be had.

pied_piper_with_children.jpg

Is that Jim Sinclair??

4.jpg

Maybe we need Gold or a Bank Robbery

58811_bank_robbery.jpg

So you are not expecting the price to shoot up when India's order gets filled, or you are thinking their order is below $1000?

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=143953

Amazing how certain questions get completely ignored, as they don't fit into Prechter's outlook.

Red robe - looks more like a deflationista style to me. -- Prechter?

Nope.

Found it! I knew I had it somewhere:

001bxh.jpg

Archived