Gold Bulls - "Clawing the Sky" as prices fall

drbubb

I wonder if India just got their order filled? Maybe not the takedown DrBubb is expecting.

India plans to buy more gold from IMF

India is open to buying more gold from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). It bought 200 tonnes for $6.7 billion on November 3. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) may well buy IMF’s remaining hoard of 201.3 tonnes on acceptable terms, which are now under negotiation.

A government official said that the additional purchase would depend on the “successful pitching by RBI”. “RBI is an independent body, and the government does not interfere in its affairs. It will get the gold if its bid is successful and at the price it has offered,” said the official.

RBI did not respond to Financial Chronicle questions if it was bidding for the remaining IMF gold. The purchase of the first lot of 200 tonnes, RBI had said at the time, was a part of its foreign exchange reserves management operations.

Responding to query from FC, an IMF spokesperson said the gold sale process was still under way and “there is no fixed timetable for completing the sale”. Its spokesperson further said that “the fund does not wish to comment on discussions with individual members.”

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr Bubb is right. Today's move shows Gold is a totally speculative market highly vulnerable to shocks.

HPC were very strong and draconian on gold-fanatics - only one thread allowed or the post was moved.

Dr Bubb, I suspect a lot of them moved here because you are more polite and reasonable.

One thing they seem to forget is that you created, host and lead this site.

Maybe some form of gold-bug management is now required on here as they infect each thread and put off people who want a broader more balanced view of markets.

Some of the gold-nuts on here (especially the "photographer") should be treated as trolls for a while or this site will truly suffer.

Some of the gold-nuts on here (especially the "photographer") should be treated as trolls for a while or this site will truly suffer.

:lol: LMAO :lol:

Time will tell who is correct. DrBubb will maybe see the light before the end of today, especially if India's order has been filled.

Back to HPC with you greenslave.

Dr Bubb is right. Today's move shows Gold is a totally speculative market highly vulnerable to shocks.

HPC were very strong and draconian on gold-fanatics - only one thread allowed or the post was moved.

Dr Bubb, I suspect a lot of them moved here because you are more polite and reasonable.

Maybe some form of gold-bug management is now required on here as they infect each thread and put off people who want a broader more balanced view of markets.

Hey paper bug/nut/fanatic/ (I guess its OK to tar you with a brush) back to HPC with you!!

I also invest in cotton silver corn is it ok to call me a cotton/bug/nut/fanatic as well or is it just gold you hate!

:lol: Wow the paperbugs sure are flying high today. This is a truly laughable post :lol:

"A bubble is a bull market you dont have a position in" is a phrase that springs to mind :lol:

You want to manage how people are allowed to express themselves and silence those who provide a fantastic service of collating relevant gold news? Just because the news articles posted doesnt align with your world view. We should all bow down to whatever Bubbs says cos its his site? He throws his weight around quite ably too let me tell you and is more than able to handle robust debate.

Give me a break ffs! :lol:

You want to manage how people are allowed to express themselves and silence those who provide a fantastic service of collating relevant gold news? Just because the news articles posted doesnt align with your world view. We should all bow down to whatever Bubbs says cos its his site? He throws his weight around quite ably too let me tell you and is more than able to handle robust debate.

I think Greenslave will come to realise that DrBubb actually likes the verbal combat on investments that goes on here. Just look at how he also defends his positions with glee on certain days. Do we really want to end up with another HPC?

Meawhile back in the land of reality...

http://www.reuters.com/article/fundsFundsN...536556520091125

"Increasing worries about inflation, a falling U.S. dollar

and geopolitical tensions are prompting individual investors to

take physical possession of gold coins and other bullion

products due to the metal's appeal as a safe haven in financial

and political crises."

& whilst Chinese & Indian public are encouraged to buy more gold, the UK is told to sell their's. <_<

"Last year, the Mint had also briefly suspended sales of its

American Eagle gold and silver coins due to high demand and a

lack of coin blanks."

I wonder if it was the same time last year ? I wonder if it was yearly expiry dates for re-investment (ETF to physical perhaps?), pure amateur guesswork on my part here. :unsure:

DrBubb actually likes the verbal combat on investments that goes on here.

Debate, not combat... if you please

I want to see two-way Debate, with respect in both directions.

You changed the title thread!

Got found out and changed it back.

I saw it and plenty of others did!

If you didn't change it then who did?

Or are you calling me a liar?

I think you are confused.

Maybe you were on the wrong thread.

What do you think I changed it to?

Double-speak - I may need a new home to post my thoughts if this carries on.

Excuse me?

Do you think the title was changed too?

This is a mystery.

I was actually away eating for sometime. Who would have done that?

I'm still curious what people think the title was?

This is a perfectly good one IMHO

Double-speak - I may need a new home to post my thoughts if this carries on.

+1

C'mon Bubb don't do yourself a dis-service like this.

I clearly saw titles being changed this morning too.

Fessup and we can move along.

You have created a great forum and I mostly appreciate your posts.

Ok by me does that mean you will moderate your own combative tone from now on?

Give me an example of my "combative tone", if you will please?

Unbelievable.

The title changed from "as prices fall" to something like "changes in prices and trends"

I don't recall exactly, but then I didn't expect to have my credibility called in to question.

HO HUM.

I think you mean the second title?*

I changed it from nothing, to something else very briefly, and then this because I want the Gold Bulls

to see there was some value to them in posting in this thread too.

Even if we have put in an important top, Gold will not fall straight down, and the nimble might want

to try to call (or even trade) the ups and downs. If the mark had been open when it was below $1140,

I might have done a little buying myself, to catch a bounce or whatever

I see Gold as a hedge for my SPX Puts

== ==

*I think you know that I frequently change thread titles to reflect the changing content posted below them.

I have found that some here have an annoying tendency to take a title from weeks or months earlier

(like the old "gold may be done here" thread), and then use it as a straw man, to puts criticism.

That thread was an accurate forecast, prices fell from late May into August, and some spinsters were

doing their best to make it appear as if I had a wrong forecast. Very annoying !

Everyone around me at work is selling their jewellery at lunch time because of the great gold crash.

I bought gold this morning and sold it all again at a loss.

I think I got out just in time. I was originally intending to invest in it for up to 7 seconds.

It is perfect valid to do so, It that is your investing method.

And some who invest in Gold "for the long term" may want to do speculative trades around a core position.

Personally, I see a reasonable chance for the Dollar to rally back to USD-92, and if that happens,

I expect Gold to be below $1000, and even possibly below $900

I think you mean the second title?

I change it from nothing, to something else very briefly, and then this because I want the Gold Bulls

to see there was some value to them in posting in this thread too.

Even if we have put in an important top, Gold will not fall straight down, and the nimble might want

to try to call (or even trade) the ups and downs. If the mark had been open when it was below $1140,

I might have done a little buying myself, to catch a bounce or whatever

I see Gold as a hedge for my SPX Puts

Ah that explains it.

I saw the 'support levels and bounces' bit change earlier this am and when i double checked it was as i thought and ammended by post.

Personally i think that this discussion should be about that later part:

1) What are the new support levels for gold in the $1100-$1200 range?

2) Why do we think this supports are at those positions? i.e. what charting/trending

3) When and how low do we expect the pullback to be? (will we retest $1000 for example)

4) What other factors affect these figures? (ie. Christmas season, India buying more Gold etc.)

Let's stop the niggly nature of this thread and get back to discussing some facts n' figures please folks :D

- Pye

EDIT: Ding 300 posts - happy to be a member of the GEI tri-centurion club.

Archived