Gold Bulls - "Clawing the Sky" as prices fall

drbubb

you may come to regret that post

oh, you beat m,e to it lowrent...

I was just about to quote your post from the gold thread:

the weak holders wont be clawing the sky they will be phoning Jim Sinclair

the ones that understand the cycles will be buying more

I am not worried one bit.

Bubb, I can't for one minute understand why someone who does this trading malarchy for a living still doesn't 'get it'. :blink:

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a long time lurker I find your tone agressive both when you are right and when you are wrong.

It is something perhaps you need to look at. Rudyard Kipling and all that.

Let the paper bugs have their day, they will be whipping their a*ses with it soon enough :lol:

DrBubb, what you have to realise is daily swings are just noise to people who have made the decision to swap their fiat to gold. This is but a temporary pullback, within a week we will be setting new highs again. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this mornings takedown was completely bought back by this afternoon, with all the shorts using the opportunity to cover.

IMO we are still on for £1350 by the end of March.

Pixel8rs-Lines-6.jpg

Do you think I am not entitled to about a dozen of these threads, after the garbage I put up with,

just trying to WARN people about the dangers of complacency ??

Not really as your just perpetuating not so subtle sniping - you don't need to do that IMO - you analysis and IMO balanced view are above this sort thing.

I always read your analysis - try not to let your irritation get the better of you mate as it really shows.

Dubai may not morph into the "big one". But it is a significant tremor warning of the real potential of a bigger earthquake to come. The odds have to be for another credit crisis at some point with all the massive debt and deflating economies. Don't believe the China hype.

Perhaps but I do think people are banking too heavily on what happened post-Lehman's happening again. The dollar and the US fiscal deficit are completely different animals from what they were a year ago. Gold may hold up a lot better than some believe.

Well congrats there Bubb you got a call right. But hold on a second here you were actively telling people gold may be done here WAY BACK when gold was below $950!! And have been unimpressed nearly all the way up.

Fortunately I did my own thinking and came to a different conclusion so even after this fall out I am still massively up in fact about 25% up even after this fall. In order for me to be "clawing the sky" gold will have to fall below $950 and stay there. Do you really see that happening?

RH <- can you show me a specific set of posts that actually say gold ONLY goes up in a straight line.

I certainly knew this wasnt the case and Im actually enjoying this decline as I can now deploy more capital at lower prices.

Enjoy your day boys I know I am enjoying mine :)

Hey doc - you should go and have a look at my Gold Triple Threat Trader thread! Even some gold bulls are happy this morning! :lol:

Thanks Dr. B for calling a moment of high volitility and trying to highlight the reasons to us all before the event.

Sometimes i really do wonder why people take such a tone. We all know Bubb is long gold but unlike many of us has the skills, resources and time not only to make a professional living from trading but also the patience and consideration in trying to share with us his thoughts and reasoning processes.

He has put a great deal of effort into this site and his comments, articles, audio shows in other sites.

Yes Dr. B was talking about the reasons for a pullback quite early on, it doesn't make those reasons any less valid that they took a while to come into play. After all a great number of us have been expecting a great big push past $1000 gold for years and when it finally arrived (and arrived in style i might add) it's good to have someone still being contrarian and looking at the charts and supports to remind us all how fast things change.

From here there is still still reasoning for gold to move both higher and lower - but this single major pullback could have been played to someones advantage with a little preparation and luck and i hope Bubb managed to get something from it for all the thanks i hear coming from others.

In the long run many of us are still long gold, so what if it pulls back to $1150, hell even $1100 or lower... it was always going to have a pullback at some point before it rose again to higher highs - that's the way the gold movement pattern seems to have been going for 9 years now. Let it pullback, let it consolidate, we're entering a truly awful xmas trading season, China has bought up half the worlds resources, India is buying PM's and the US has only just tricked the figures to pull itself out of technical recession by front loading its spending plans - the game is afoot people.

Another 'stimulas' must be on the cards, the US and UK are in liability deficits approaching levels that could cause either nation to join iceland and become technically insolvent - Gold will continue to be a solid investment for as long as our nations gameplay rather than seek strong fundamentals.

We always knew these weeks would probably see an attack on gold pushing either hgher or lower based on weaker volume during the US holiday season - expect to see this continue into next week.

And thanks again Dr.B (i may not always agree with you but sure as hell listen to what you have to say :)

- Pye

Perhaps but I do think people are banking too heavily on what happened post-Lehman's happening again. The dollar and the US fiscal deficit are completely different animals from what they were a year ago. Gold may hold up a lot better than some believe.

Completely agree. There is no certainty about future developments. Which is why I have a serious holding in bullion [ultimate hedge against uncertainty].... and which is why I also want to own other currencies. :)

Perhaps this refusal to listen to "noise" reflects in reality quite a fragile faith. :)

What are you on about, how can not listening to noise mean you are fragile, more like it shows the strength in your convictions.

Yup, spot on.

Many got burned post Lehmans - never saw it coming - never predicted the deflationary wave and now they think it will happen again it could happen but it is highly unlikely.

As you say the world has changed dramatically since then. Hugh Hendry is a classic behind the curve ball merchant got whacked by the deflationary downswing (was buying agri commodities at the top) and is now a deflationista buying bonds at the top!

Sometimes i really do wonder why people take such a tone. We all know Bubb is long gold but unlike many of us has the skills, resources and time not only to make a professional living from trading but also the patience and consideration in trying to share with us his thoughts and reasoning processes.

He has put a great deal of effort into this site and his comments, articles, audio shows in other sites.

Yes Dr. B was talking about the reasons for a pullback quite early on, it doesn't make those reasons any less valid that they took a while to come into play. After all a great number of us have been expecting a great big push past $1000 gold for years and when it finally arrived (and arrived in style i might add) it's good to have someone still being contrarian and looking at the charts and supports to remind us all how fast things change.

Fuggin' A !!

Thanks Dr. B for calling a moment of high volitility and trying to highlight the reasons to us all before the event.

Sometimes i really do wonder why people take such a tone. We all know Bubb is long gold but unlike many of us has the skills,

- Pye

I don't think Bubb is long physical gold at all, based on reading his posts for the last 2-3 years.

I think he is waiting in the wings for a huge gold crash. All imho of course. ;)

edit - can I also say that think this post title is hilarious. It has a MSM feel to it.

The whole general tenor of the gold thread reads like a gold party celebrating the mere momentary nominal gains in gold.

Is this worse than a Dr Bubb "I told you so gloat thread" when gold hasnt even fallen below his gold is done here number of $950? The purile nature of some of the remarks on here is staggering. I know he ahs a beef with Sinclair but show the man at least some respect GEEZ!

There is an almost complete lack of looking at the larger context in which those gains were made; how solid they were, who was buying and why, how macro developments or renewed crises might affect the price, what was to happen to the medium term as opposed to long term price, what would currency instability do to the price etc etc etc.

There does not seem to be much interest in discussion beyond fiat is toilet paper and gold is going to the moon.

Do you actually read the news articles people like pixel post on the gold thread?

Anyway, don't get me wrong I am a bull on gold... just that some caution is needed besides the hype. Say gold does go on a tear here, "imminent destruction of fiat" theory, predicting a parabolic rise, will hardly do this long term bull market justice by lacking both explanatory and predictive power, and probably also by failing to bolster investor's confidence when it is needed the most.

Now this is sensible and something I think we have both advocated in our own way. Build a core position and hold and buy more on any dips.

Have I missed something?

Gold up 2.5% yesterday.

Gold down 2.5% today.

Sterling down 1.5% today.

= still better off that I was on Wednesday?

But I thought we were all "Clawing the sky" arent we?

Can I use a RH rolleyes here aw please please can i? can i?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't think Bubb is long physical gold at all, based on reading his posts for the last 2-3 years.

I think he is waiting in the wings for a huge gold crash. All imho of course. ;)

edit - can I also say that think this post title is hilarious. It has a MSM feel to it.

No he has bought a few coins, but would imagine maybe something like 0.1% of his net worth.

Having read his posts for just as long (in fact i think i joined HPC in late 2005) i agree that Dr.B probably doesn't have a fat pile of bullion stacked in his living room (now GF on the other hand i imagine has a hidden vault and gold cutlery :) ) but seriously Bubb plays the hedging game (and plays it well) where he is looking for long term trends but trying to make a living from short term movements.

I just found the tone of some messages lately getting very antsy and a bit hostile and to be frank that's just completely unhelpful. We're all on this board because we have similar attitudes to global economics and finance and want a community to support our interest and bounce ideas off and i was getting the feeling that we all just need to take a step back after such dollar weakness and PM strength to have a breather. I don't think this is a trend reveral but i do think getting all narky over a pullback or two isn't really going to help anyone or anything and wanted to remind people how very right Bubb has so often been in the past and present.

Having read his posts for just as long (in fact i think i joined HPC in late 2005) i agree that Dr.B probably doesn't have a fat pile of bullion stacked in his living room (now GF on the other hand i imagine has a hidden vault and gold cutlery :) ) but seriously Bubb plays the hedging game (and plays it well) where he is looking for long term trends but trying to make a living from short term movements.

I just found the tone of some messages lately getting very antsy and a bit hostile and to be frank that's just completely unhelpful. We're all on this board because we have similar attitudes to global economics and finance and want a community to support our interest and bounce ideas off and i was getting the feeling that we all just need to take a step back after such dollar weakness and PM strength to have a breather. I don't think this is a trend reveral but i do think getting all narky over a pullback or two isn't really going to help anyone or anything and wanted to remind people how very right Bubb has so often been in the past and present.

the title of the post reads like a paper trader imo.

This current period can't be dealt with by people trying to make a living out of short term movements, that's why huge mistakes are now being made by certain posters on here & other sites.

chart watching is only as good as the cycle it's in imo, this is a super cycle & unprecedented at that, so trying to base all investments on just charts is useless.

so where's this $950 gold then ? :lol: :lol:

yes, there will be pullbacks/drops in gold, but that title & subsequent post by Bubb reads like MSM hysteria ffs.

edit - perhaps the title should have read " Gold paper trading bulls 'clawing at the sky' as daily prices fall" ;)

Well if thats the case I think he has missed this gold one completely. IMO this gold bull has been the most obvious trend of the century. DrBubb is still expecting there to be a Prechter wave down, where he will be able to load up for cheap.

I just found the tone of some messages lately getting very antsy and a bit hostile and to be frank that's just completely unhelpful. We're all on this board because we have similar attitudes to global economics and finance and want a community to support our interest and bounce ideas off and i was getting the feeling that we all just need to take a step back after such dollar weakness and PM strength to have a breather. I don't think this is a trend reveral but i don't think getting all narky over a pullback or two iss really going to help anyone or anything and wanted to remind people how very right Bubb has so often been in the past and present.

I actually agree with you pyewackitt, but recently I have been feeling that some of the thread titles have been unnecessarily offensive to the many people that have decided to buy and hold gold/silver. Bubb's diary 2nd nov 2009 had the subtitle "Bigger slides in Stocks and Gold dead ahead?"

Well if he actually read my Gold Triple Threat Trader thread he would have known that I had long positions open at end of October. I think I have nailed that argument, but will Bubb admit he was wrong? No way! He is entrenched in his opinion and has created some more inflammatory threads this morning. He will say he is right, just his timing was off a bit.

I find this behaviour a little strange, as I have always respected Bubb and his advice. Believe it or not, but we agree on more than we disagree.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If people can't take it, then they should not dish it out. (Bring it on if you think you are hard enough!)

My only wish is that next month's thread titles will have more respect for ALL GEI members.

I hope I have converyed my points in a suitable and respectful manner.

Well if thats the case I think he has missed this gold one completely. IMO this gold bull has been the most obvious trend of the century. DrBubb is still expecting there to be a Prechter wave down, where he will be able to load up for cheap.

Why bother to wait for physical? Seriously a lot of the miners will have phenomenal Q4 earnings based on almost constant higher that ever gold prices throughout almost all of this Q3. Many are still undervalued and have lagged behind both gold itself and other stocks in the recent bull run.

I think there is a lot to be made from mining stocks going into next year considering how far they have lagged behind.

Archived