Nanoviricides / NNVC

Nanoviricides / NNVC

Just been browsing the http://allallan.blogspot.com thanks to a link from Dr B on the main board.

(in edit):

NNVC / NanoViricides Inc. (NYSE American ... all-data : Last: $1.00 - 10/17/2017

2OyNwi8.gif

==

> chart added as new post to old thread: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=8074&page=5

I noticed this guy really likes a company called http://www.nanoviricides.com/ nanoviricides

The table below summarizes the most salient and fundamental potential for NanoViricides and it's shareholders
Picture%202.png

Let's briefly review what this company is all about.

NanoViricides, Inc. is a development stage company with a unique nanomedicine technology. Preliminary testing of their anti-viral applications have demonstrated very high efficacies in vivo and in vitro.

(1) Their anti-HIV nanoviricide showed efficiacy superior to HAART cocktail in animal studies. "HAART" means highly active antiretroviral therapy. "HAART" is essentially just antiretroviral therapy. It's three drugs combined to make highly effective therapy;

(2) Their EKC-Cide is a topical solution for viral eye diseases and is currently subject to an MTA (Materials Transfer Agreement) with a major (unnamed) pharmaceutical company. It is the first ever drug to have shown clear clinical response in animal studies against adenoviral epidemic kerato-conjunctivitis;

(3) Their FLU-Cide for common influenzas has shown excellent efficacy in animal studies;

(4) Their FLU-Cide-HP for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenzas (HPAI, aka "Bird Flu") has shown excellent efficacy against H5N1 clade I (resistant to Tamiflu) and H5N1 clade 2.

The total dollar markets for these and other commercial disease targets represent large markets of approximately $40B total by 2013.

As of today's stock close of $0.70, the market capitalization of NanoViricides is about $86M. The markets their products are addressing over the next 4 years, some of which represent markets with no current non-toxic drugs and others in which there are no effective treatments whatsoever, amount to $40B. The HIV market alone is $21B. The smallest market for any single one of their drugs is $1B.

How much longer will the market cap of NNVC remain under $1B?

At $1B market cap, share price will be about $10.00, or 14X current share price. But that's just for starters. If their HIV anti-viral hits, a $21B market, how much is the company worth? Does $10B seem reasonable? It does to me. At a $10B market cap, share price is about $100.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It has had a big pull back over the last month (down 35% to 60cents). It looks a high risk but potentially very interesting company for the brave hearted investor.

You can find all the All Allan blog postings on this company at:

http://allallan.blogspot.com/search?q=nnvc+

On 3/9/2012 at 5:45 PM, DrBubb said:

NNVC / NanoViricides Inc. (OBB) ... update

nnvc.png

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been following this one for some weeks now. Looks like it has found support at around $0.60. If this breaks, who knows how low it can go. However, potential upside is huge, so long as they keep the good news flowing!

Did you pick up any on the pullback?

Been following this one for some weeks now. Looks like it has found support at around $0.60. If this breaks, who knows how low it can go. However, potential upside is huge, so long as they keep the good news flowing!

Did you pick up any on the pullback?

Well support at $0.60 was well and truly broken today. We were down at $0.42 at one point and I too was worried how low this thing could go.

I was just about to pull the trigger at $0.45 today when I got interrupted and couldn't complete the trade. I came back 10 minutes later and we had jumped to $0.54. Damn! Ah well such is life.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the action next week. Hope to get in between $0.45-$0.50 but that window may have closed.

Hugely risky but as you say the potential upside is massive. This is my lottery ticket stock. Not much in as it could go to zero but if these guys hit the jackpot even a small sum invested will get big reward.

They really need to sort out their website. They don't even keep latest press articles archived. A lot has been happening recently and I am very surprised they don't take the opportunity to keep potential investors in the loop.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NanoViricide...ml?x=0&.v=1

WEST HAVEN, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NanoViricides, Inc. (OTC BB: NNVC.OB) (the "Company"), reports that the Company is well financed and its game changing anti-viral drug development programs are progressing successfully. As such, Management knows of no reason for the recent decline in stock price and associated volatility.

I started to nibble on this stock today. I used to work as a "target discovery" biologist within the pharmaceutical industry so this company is particularly interesting to me. Their recent experimental results look quite promising but I have to be mindful it is a long long road to market for any new drug. Thinking this could be a tuck it away and come back in a few years type stock.

“We now have four commercially important drugs in our pipeline, and sufficient funds to pursue further development,” said Eugene Seymour, MD, MPH, CEO of the Company, adding, “these drugs address a $40 billion market space.” The four commercially important drugs target HIV, all Influenzas, viral diseases of the external Eye, and Herpes Simplex viral infections including cold sores and genital herpes (HSV).

The Company has described the results from its preliminary anti-HIV animal model studies in a standard SCID-hu Thy/Liv mouse model in its annual report (filed on October 13, 2009). The anti-HIV nanoviricide drug candidates were found to be superior to a three-drug cocktail called HAART (for “highly active anti-retroviral therapy”) in all parameters tested. Significantly, the best nanoviricide drug candidate showed HIV-1 viral load reduction that was superior to that of animals treated with the oral HAART three-drug cocktail. This nanoviricide drug candidate also led to a significant increase in the proportion of human T lymphocytes that were positive for both CD4 and CD8 markers (CD4+CD8+ Double Positives or “DP”). This increase in DP human T cells in the nanoviricide treated mice was equal to or better than the oral HAART three-drug cocktail. Loss of human T cells caused by HIV was thus completely reversed by nanoviricide treatment.

Even more significantly the nanoviricide anti-HIV treatment was >25X (or >2,500%) more effective than the oral HAART treatment, on a drug load basis. The nanoviricide achieved these effects at a dosage level of only 150mg/kg, while the total HAART drug dosage was 4,200 mg/kg.

It is very important to note that no adverse events were observed in the nanoviricide treated mice, while the HAART-treated mice exhibited clinical signs of side effects.

The Company believes that HIVCide™ could very well result in a “Functional Cure” for HIV/AIDS, if these preliminary results are confirmed in further animal studies and in human clinical trials. In other words, HIVCide treatment could enable a HIV/AIDS patient to lead a completely disease-free life until an episode of hidden virus awakening from latent reservoirs occurs. HIV hides in immune cells forming latent reservoirs. It is widely believed in the scientific community that if these latent reservoirs could be wiped out then a complete cure for HIV/AIDS is possible.

Some technical analysis of NNVC courtesy of All Alan:

http://allallan.blogspot.com/2009/10/nnvc-ta.html

BOOM! We are up 46% today! Hows that for a call!

The following messageboard may be of interest to those following this stock:

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/board...x?board_id=4102

Alternatively All Alan follows this one very closely too.

BOOM! We are up 46% today! Hows that for a call!

The following messageboard may be of interest to those following this stock:

Alternatively All Alan follows this one very closely too.

Only read this last night when I noticed your comments it was soaring. Intersting to say the least. All or nothing gamble eh.

Watched today for a pullback, fairly modest so far. Will keep watching and read that IHUB board. You must have a nice profit now, did you cash any in for a free ticket out of interest?

Only read this last night when I noticed your comments it was soaring. Intersting to say the least. All or nothing gamble eh.

Watched today for a pullback, fairly modest so far. Will keep watching and read that IHUB board. You must have a nice profit now, did you cash any in for a free ticket out of interest?

I agree it is an all or nothing gamble. Either:

i) it is proven the technology/anti-viral does not work in humans in which case the stock would go to about zero

ii) it is proven the technology does work and some major pharma picks it up and we shoot off to All Allans numbers.

I decided when I bought the stock that this was my lottery ticket and I would buy and hold until such time as either i) or ii) above happen. The anti-viral seems to be working in vivo so far which is extremely encouraging. They just need to sort out their website and spread their news more effectively.

I agree it is an all or nothing gamble. Either:

i) it is proven the technology/anti-viral does not work in humans in which case the stock would go to about zero

ii) it is proven the technology does work and some major pharma picks it up and we shoot off to All Allans numbers.

I decided when I bought the stock that this was my lottery ticket and I would buy and hold until such time as either i) or ii) above happen. The anti-viral seems to be working in vivo so far which is extremely encouraging. They just need to sort out their website and spread their news more effectively.

Agreed and suits me, just seeing if it will fallback a little for me to ride the next wave, be it tipsheet ramp, All Alan gains huge following or whatever other good news however it is spread.

My strategy would be have a gamblers punt, if it shows a nice profit cash stake in, then wait for i) or ii) as you suggest.

Death or glory play, not one to mortgage the house on though.

Agreed and suits me, just seeing if it will fallback a little for me to ride the next wave, be it tipsheet ramp, All Alan gains huge following or whatever other good news however it is spread.

Yeah I saw on that ihub message board something about agora financial running some newsletter tipping them. Lots of speculation that this is what caused the big jump up.

My strategy would be have a gamblers punt, if it shows a nice profit cash stake in, then wait for i) or ii) as you suggest.

Yeah I have been thinking about doing the whole "if it doubles sell half" approach. Then getting a free ride to where ever this things takes us. Mind you I haven't had a chance to accumulate the 10,000 shares All Allan mandates as the bare minimum :lol:

Death or glory play, not one to mortgage the house on though.

If we head anywhere near All Allans numbers a small punt now will buy a small house outright in 5 years :lol:

As a former scientist having worked in the pharmaceutical industry I find their technology really interesting and can totally see the potential. Still a sizable chance NNVC goes to zero though. Death or glory indeed!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sure you'll see those prices again...this stock is very volatile with a lot of manipulation.

A couple of conference appearances seem to be keeping the stock price up for now:

NanoViricides, Inc. to Present at the Nano and Green Tech 2009

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/S...20News/2655206/

NanoViricides, Inc. to Present Anti-Influenza Drug Candidate FluCide Studies at the Influenza Congress 2009

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NanoViricide...ml?x=0&.v=1

Why on earth these guys find it impossible to update their own website with these press releases is beyond me!

If they don't produce any new info at these conferences I think we could see a sell off. Price will most likely remain firm until then.

Why on earth these guys find it impossible to update their own website with these press releases is beyond me!

Well it looks like someone at NNVC finally realised they need to revamp the site :)

Note that he also hopes to some produce a youtube video presentation. A new NNVC web site is also expected to be unveiled shortly.

If they don't produce any new info at these conferences I think we could see a sell off. Price will most likely remain firm until then.

Well it looks like the press release due on Monday may well boost the price up over a dollar :)

HSGI could be bougth for 0.45USD mid-march.. it is now comfortably over 20USD!

If NNVC can get these results moving it could be quite a ride.

Back from the Influenza conference (Dr. Seymour kindly arranged for me to attend the session). This was short (only 10 mins. per presenter) but great new results on the new FluCide (this will be PR'd on Monday). During the break, Dr. Seymour also took the time to put together a full set of slides that I will shortly share here. Below a couple of them that illustrates results from the original FluCide and the new version (11/18/2009).

To summarize, the control group has a survival rate of around 120hrs in both studies, the Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) 151 hrs in the first study and 192hrs in the latest (not sure where the difference comes from), and Flucide went from 191 hrs (already superior to Tamiflu) to a stunning 333hrs (over 55% improvement). What is not in the slides is that this was tested in over 2000 animals and no side effects where detected. Also, notice that the treatment consisted in 5 doses of FluCide vs 14 doses of Oseltamivir.

Interesting fact that I did not realize before is that the viricides are very stable at room temperature (third slide below). The story is that Dr. Diwan has been keeping viricides in his car glove compartment for a couple of years now

Besides this, I also had very pleasant and educational conversation with Dr.Diwan who confirmed my confidence in the company.

Quotes taken from: http://allallan.blogspot.com/2009/11/nnvc.html

Bother :(:lol: Still watching!

AllAllan reckons there is at least 10% ready to be taken right now if you get in at the open assuming the share opens at 90cents.

NNVC price today is acting like either no one cares about their release of FLUCIDE test results, or, no one knows about it, yet.

On the latter, that will be fixed by a Monday PR (hopefully). If that is indeed the reason, then a 10% or better gain is being handed out for the asking with share price at 90 cents or less, today.

Still time to get on board :) I worked as a research scientist for big pharma and as an academic and let me tell you this is getting extremely exciting.

I highly recommend that everyone bookmark and follow the thread on NNVC at iHub. I've become so close to the company that most of everything I post about NanoViricides, outside of my charts, I must copy and paste from already public information. iHub posters will always be first to know and first to understand the significance of upcoming developments. After five minutes of reading posts there, it will become clear which posters are aboard the runaway train.

NanoViricides Presents FluCide Animal Study Data at Influenza Congress - Now Improved Substantially and Vastly Superior to Current Treatment

Press Release

Source: NanoViricides, Inc.

On 7:00 am EST, Monday November 23, 2009

WEST HAVEN, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NanoViricides, Inc. (OTC BB: NNVC.OB) announced today that Dr. Eugene Seymour, MD MPH, CEO of the Company, presented lifetime data from the recent FluCide™ animal study on November 19th at the Influenza Congress USA 2009 in Washington

, DC (www.terrapinn.com/usaflu). These data clearly established that the new version of FluCide™ is superior to the older version. The data also showed extremely large survival lifetime improvement compared to an extended therapy using oseltamivir (Tamiflu® Roche).

Dr. Diwan gave a description of the nanomedicine technology on which the Company’s product platform is based. He then went on to discuss the successful development of several drug candidates in a relatively short timeframe and with very small R&D expenditures that NanoViricides Inc. has been able to achieve. “Our achievements have clearly demonstrated that we can develop drug candidates against new virus targets very quickly,” he said. He explained that the multi-point binding of a nanoviricide™, enabled by the underlying TheraCour® polymer, results in a nanoscale “velcro” or zipper-like effect. This allows the Company to employ virus-binding ligands with relatively low affinities successfully. “Other drug development approaches require discovery of antibodies or chemicals with very high affinities, sub-micromolar or better, which takes a lot of time and money,” he said, adding, “In contrast, our technology allows us to use mimics of the natural and conserved binding sites of the viruses. This allows rapid development. Also, it means that a virus is far less likely to escape a nanoviricide compared to its escape rate against a highly specific drug discovered using a conventional methodology.”

The recent animal study of FluCide was conducted using the same total lethality protocol employed in previous influenza studies by the Company. The new version of FluCide drug candidate extended the lifespan of lethally infected mice to 334±11 hrs (or 14 days) on average. In contrast, mice treated with an extended oseltamivir protocol survived for 193±3 hrs (or 8 days) on average. Control infected mice survived for only 121±2 hrs (or 5 days). FluCide was given as an IV injection, on alternate days, for five treatments. Oseltamivir was given as oral, twice daily, each at 20mg/kg through life (or 14 treatments). Previously, oseltamivir given using the customary protocol of oral, twice daily, each at 20mg/kg for 4 days (8 treatments), has produced a survival time of 151±1 hrs (or 6.3 days) in this model. Several additional parameters have been evaluated in this study. The Company expects to analyze the data from these additional parameters as they are received in the near future.

The Company believes that the lifetime data demonstrate an unquestionable superiority of the FluCide drug candidate compared to current drugs, and establish it as a viable therapy against influenza. We believe that FluCide is likely the most effective drug candidate in development against influenza, based on these results.

The studies were conducted by Dr. Krishna Menon, PhD, VMD, MRCS, at KARD Scientific, MA. One million virus particles of Influenza A Strain A/WS/33 (H1N1) were aspirated directly into the lungs of mice. A repeat “booster” infection was performed at 22 hrs. This is a highly lethal model, allowing the survival lifetimes to be directly used for rank ordering of efficacy of drug candidates.

The Company has previously shown that a previous version of the FluCide drug candidate was highly effective against two different clades of the H5N1 bird flu virus, in addition to being highly effective against H1N1 in the mouse model. The Company has recently improved the FluCide drug candidate, creating what it believes to be a single drug candidate against all forms of influenza. The Company believes that the data we presented at the Influenza Conference establish this pan-influenza drug candidate as a leading anti-influenza drug in development.

On friday our man allallan had the following to say:

NNVC price today is acting like either no one cares about their release of FLUCIDE test results, or, no one knows about it, yet.

On the latter, that will be fixed by a Monday PR (hopefully). If that is indeed the reason, then a 10% or better gain is being handed out for the asking with share price at 90 cents or less, today.

Well we got out press release and share dropped 7.5%! :blink:

Ah well such is the way these tiny nano tech stocks on OTCBB :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I have been banned from here? Pfff whatever....

thought some of you might appreciate an update so here goes...

Lots of exciting news coming out of NNVC at the moment.

Seymour says:

Move to AMEX ~ January 2010

Big study next month - cold sores and dengue (?).

Hidden HIV in lymph nodes is currently being studied.

10 years for cancer drug - while a virus study is shorter Phases 1 & 2 done together - 3 years - it's up to FDA.

1st IND? Difficult to say - 1st meeting with FDA next year. Deal with a pharma company to manufacture - we don't intend to manufacture - looks like a brewery - 4 vats make 150 million doses of drug - not complex.

CD4 cells secret - can't talk about it - we have evidence that the hidden virus was reduced in our 1st studies - so something interesting is going on!! Something ELSE is going on!!! Most interesting!!!!

Financing: partnering one choice. Licence each drug to a different company. Ebola - a govt decision, not ours - we won't carry that forward. Silver backs VERY vulnerable.

As I said before the best source for this info is investorshub website:

Here is something I hope you will all find far more interesting than all this daft talk about fopps...

Recently the CEO of Nanoviricides gave an hugely informative talk to the Equities Magazine Conference. This can now be downloaded from:

CEO Seymour's 12/11/2009 presentation in .mp3 format, annotated

More information about this talk can be found at:

AllAllan 2010 stock of the year nanoviricides

Nanoviricides iHub discussion board

Not sure if I have been banned from here? Pfff whatever....

thought some of you might appreciate an update so here goes...

Lots of exciting news coming out of NNVC at the moment.

Why would you be banned?

Did you manage to buy any?

Hiya Dr Solar

You must be feeling neglected in this thread to think you had been banned! Often the threads outside of the main board get like that but it can make for better conversation !

I have stopped by a couple of times previously. Anyway can I ask you -

Is this your favourite junior / idea or what is it that appeals about Nano? I only ask because you seem very active on this thread!

I was going to be lazy and ask you if you know about its cash position but had a quick look at http://investing.businessweek.com/research...p;formType=10-Q

and can see it has done some fund raising / some warrants have been cashed

$4,202,675 cash / cash equiv

£620K cash burn most recent quarter

£641K cash burn equiv quarter 1 yr back

warrants issued

Stock Warrants Issued in connection with Private Placement

30 sept 2009 1 yr ago new total

5,097,300 827,485 7,681,578

I dont think it is listed on a index that I am able to trade. But it does strike me that the biotech sector has long been out of favour. If Biotechs can get the technology right who knows what the future will bring

Why would you be banned?

Did you manage to buy any?

Hey DrB,

Yes I got in at 0.56 USD as it bounced out that last dip. I have worked in the pharmaceutical industry in the past so this kind of stock interests me greatly. The potential here is truly massive. Their preliminary results are very encouraging and I like the way they are building the company without diluting the shareholders. They recently built a lab and paid for it by selling their own privately held shares. They have enough cash to last till 2011 and rumour has it they are set to get a large government grant to pay for further studies. They also have a material transfer agreement with a large pharma co. so it looks like the big players are at least mildly interested.

Of course it is highly risky. Thats why it trades at around 0.85USD rather than 50USD. But having checked out the science I can see why AllAllan is so excited. Definitely worth a look.