Is GEI being formally attacked by an enemy?

DrBubb is a gentleman. We are fortunate that the owner of this site is not like HPC owners who have no input and do not take responsibility for abuses such as the predudice of gold and Daddy Bears views. If anything, DrBubb needs to be more forcefull and have banned any abusive member without delay. Look at the state this site has got into because it was allowed and is still allowed to fester.

Agree 100%. I am gobsmacked at some of the criticism levelled at Dr Bubb, Steve et al this last week (whether directly or by implication). Bubb in particular spends a huge amount of time sharing his knowledge and almost always tries to address people's queries or points of contention by giving on-point responses. That takes far more time and integrity than simply responding "100% guaranteed" or the like.

I'm also getting tired of the suggestion that MODs are clamping down on free speech. How utterly pathetic. This is a virtual forum for christ's sake!! It can and should be run in the way the MODs determine. CDs and anyone else who doesn't approve can post elsewhere or set up their own site. If that means we are denied their insights then so be it.

I'm also getting tired of the suggestion that MODs are clamping down on free speech. How utterly pathetic. This is a virtual forum for christ's sake!! It can and should be run in the way the MODs determine. CDs and anyone else who doesn't approve can post elsewhere or set up their own site. If that means we are denied their insights then so be it.

Yep, its just reverse psychology, it is intended to limit the ability of people to show their disgust at anti-social behavior and more importantly to tie the hands of the mods.

It takes the form of vague nazi germany references, the irony being, that its just that type of reverse psychology and fear of being labeled that allowed the nazis to get away with the things they did.

Similar also to how a when you confront the issue of bullying, its always the bully who claims their the one being picked on.

Trolling

While David welcomes discussions on his research and doesn’t expect everyone will necessarily agree with every aspect of his work, anyone who joins this forum with the sole intention of flaming David Icke on his own forum will find their user account promptly suspended without warning.

Hard not to disagree with that.

I think if you describe yourself as 'very fair' or 'civilised' and yet hold strong points of view that many people will not agree with, which you want to be understood as being the truth, then a David Icke methodology is more humane.

The fact is all boards have whatever agenda their owners wish to promote

I have a board involved with alternate health (vision improvement) If somebody comes along simply wanting to create problems and tell me i am wrong then they are not going to last long, but so far i have never banned anyone - probably just a matter of time however. My board though is tiny, more or less inactive, and more or less unable to influence anybody.

Fairness is not a natural process. Anybody who is out in the natural world will see that. Civilisation is a construct that suits those with power. I believe that 'I am civilised' is just a device to distance ourselves from the realities of our lives which involves an amount of denial.

Most people here want to get something others have cheaply or sell what they have expensively to the greater fool. Dog eat dog and the law of the jungle.

this thread is like number 7 from Alien Resurrection.

it needs putting out of its misery.

same goes for all the other introspective threads where GEI members are just talking about GEI.

I can see 6 such threads just on the first page of the main discussion board.

these threads are cluttering up this forum more than CDSwamp ever did.

+ 1 ;)

There is always a start & an end to everything, how we deal with the early parts of an issue are very, very important. This applies to every area of life, both work & personal.

I have quite often been taken on for my interpersonal & general communication skills in dealing with situations that are either out of hand or perhaps will get out of hand.

the early posts were crucial imo, but also show other posters motives imo.

Looking at how things have been dealt with, escalated & the various options offered by various posters on this forum, is it any wonder TPTB make decisions that we think are unbelievably stupid ?

how many people on here themselves used bad or innapropriate language, made blind decisions or followed a common thought for STS (serve to self) ?

has anyone looked back & thought they made a mistake on a post/thread ? I have definetly made a few mistakes.

Obviously Mr Phillips also made some mistakes in terminology used & content/type of posts etc........when he is much more capable of so much more. Sometime though we probably realise that where the general consensus is 99% against the majority of our thoughts then there will only ever be one outcome.

I have always said that I generally do not get on with people who work in IT, Finance or Finance related areas. I also do not normally get on with managers who are bent on bean counting as their main objective. This will never change because it is one of my most important morals, people must come before monetary gain. Health & family, that's what it's always about, tinged with a certain amount of money to enjoy a reasonable lifestyle.

My time on these virtual forums was also always limited. Cdswamp & I discussed many months ago about not posting again because we need to move in a different direction (especially me obviously).

I thank you all for your time & help & wish none of you any harm (even nicejim although I hope he & others have learnt something about themselves after this), but please re-evaluate your lives & outlook some of you, it really is not all about the money.

fwiw, aliveandkicking.....I genuinly thought/think that you are actually an ok person & in real life we probably have a lot in common. :)

Everything I have ever said on any internet forum has always been the truth, I have never lied.

ps - I will still watch from time to time because some of the posters & information is invaluable, but will never again post under GOM or GOMr on here or hpc. My virtual time as this poster has come to an end now.

Good Luck All & Thank you. :):)

Nick (aka GOM)

fwiw, aliveandkicking.....I genuinly thought/think that you are actually an ok person & in real life we probably have a lot in common. :)

Everything I have ever said on any internet forum has always been the truth, I have never lied.

As i see it you like to believe your truth is more powerful than another persons truth

In life and in reality i think we have to recognise we cant really know the truth. All we can do is use our skill judgement and reason to guess as best we can. People who know the truth are likely to be wrong one way or another. A human being can only see what he dreams or imagines he sees. Which is why once upon a time a referee was respected. People understood what today is forgotten.

This board also has referees and we play via their rules. There is no such thing as fairness in the natural world. Fairness is a human construct

There is always a start & an end to everything, how we deal with the early parts of an issue are very, very important. This applies to every area of life, both work & personal.

I have quite often been taken on for my interpersonal & general communication skills in dealing with situations that are either out of hand or perhaps will get out of hand.

Looking at how things have been dealt with, escalated & the various options offered by various posters on this forum, is it any wonder TPTB make decisions that we think are unbelievably stupid ?

how many people on here themselves used bad or innapropriate language, made blind decisions or followed a common thought for STS (serve to self) ?

has anyone looked back & thought they made a mistake on a post/thread ? I have definetly made a few mistakes.

Obviously Mr Phillips also made some mistakes in terminology used & content/type of posts etc........when he is much more capable of so much more. Sometime though we probably realise that where the general consensus is 99% against the majority of our thoughts then there will only ever be one outcome.

I have always said that I generally do not get on with people who work in IT, Finance or Finance related areas. I also do not normally get on with managers who are bent on bean counting as their main objective. This will never change because it is one of my most important morals, people must come before monetary gain. Health & family, that's what it's always about, tinged with a certain amount of money to enjoy a reasonable lifestyle.

My time on these virtual forums was also always limited. Cdswamp & I discussed many months ago about not posting again because we need to move in a different direction (especially me obviously).

I thank you all for your time & help & wish none of you any harm (even nicejim although I hope he & others have learnt something about themselves after this), but please re-evaluate your lives & outlook some of you, it really is not all about the money.

ps - I will still watch from time to time because some of the posters & information is invaluable, but will never again post under GOM or GOMr on here or hpc. My virtual time as this poster has come to an end now.

Nick (aka GOM)

I am shocked. This is going too far when one of our most respected posters decides to go off into the sunset.

However, I can undertsand and I will respect your decision.

GOM - Please check your PM as I will send you my email address. It is time for me to stop hiding behind my virtual persona. If you decide to email me then I will be pleased. If not, then Good Luck, live long and prosper and all that.

Nick (aka GOM)

I seem to remember igglepiggle apologising to you on Friday for something he considered to be offensive

Are you now going to apologise to the group for your part in the trolling?

Agree 100%. I am gobsmacked at some of the criticism levelled at Dr Bubb, Steve et al this last week (whether directly or by implication). Bubb in particular spends a huge amount of time sharing his knowledge and almost always tries to address people's queries or points of contention by giving on-point responses. That takes far more time and integrity than simply responding "100% guaranteed" or the like.

i agree 100%.

Nick (aka GOM)

Never say never, you have no need to re-invent yourself.

Take a timeout if you feel the need but then come back to us as grumpy as you have always been :)

GOM [& CDS (LP)] - best of luck with everything. PM me if you want to exchange emails before you totally dissapear

Others - I've been reading and posting less often these last several months, and now find myself asking why ...I conclude its because this incredibly informative site has covered all the major issues time and time again, and so its becoming somewhat repetitive to me after my year or two of attendance. Then you add in the overpowering presence of cdswamp when he started to become manic, and the site looses some of its appeal.

Personally, I've also moved on financially (4% in gold vs 25% previously, and now in property with mortgage), so I sleep easy [house prices may double or halve in a decade, whereas gold can do so in months].

The point I'm trying to get to by these comments: Posters come and go (or increase and decrease their presence), like GOM and cds and me..., and this great board will survive! But perhaps it needs some fresh blood, and so what is happenning now is part of such a natural evolution. So lets alll chill about it, and simply let the mods do the moderating!!!

I'll still be in and out of the threads occasionally, seeking to pick up hot news and insights from the many current and future great brains who post here. And occasionally offerring up my partially-baked ideas as well.

I can see 6 such threads just on the first page of the main discussion board.

these threads are cluttering up this forum more than CDSwamp ever did.

That's true but after this I expect the forum to be more focused and respectful and our opinions to be more considered. At least for a while. I hope the occasional gem of humour will still appear ;)

Also, I think the new Fringe thread could encourage people to think more freely here about other subjects.

I'm always prepared to justify or apologise for my actions and I like to do so precisely because it forces me to re-evaluate my outlook. In fact, the last straw for me was when I asked CDSwasmp to justify a claim and he refused be challenged on it. I re-evaluated in the topic posted below to aliveandkicking, and justified myself at least twice recently. My preferred course of action with troll-like behaviour is to ask them to re-evaluate before I finally ignore them. This provides food so it has to be short and sharp and it's not guaranteed to work for reasons Id5 mentions. But my intention is STO.

For the record, I don't think you've lied but I do think you were mislead.

Cheers Nick, I hope all goes well. Sorry I've not replied to your "Threatened by honesty" thread. I've not taken the time to give it enough thought yet but it's definitely something I find interesting so thanks for posting it.

...In life and in reality i think we have to recognise we cant really know the truth. All we can do is use our skill judgement and reason to guess as best we can. People who know the truth are likely to be wrong one way or another....

I concur...

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7934

Are you now going to apologise to the group for your part in the trolling?

Less food and support would have killed it sooner.

...this incredibly informative site has covered all the major issues time and time again, and so its becoming somewhat repetitive to me after my year or two of attendance.

That is so true. The same themes have been doing the rounds for so long, it's only the numbers which change. Even commentators like Schiff, Keiser etc are sounding like stuck records these days.

If anyone wants to consider group dynamics whilst watching an excellent film them This Is England is a good one to choose.

• 3 months later...

(this thread is being moved to the "About GEI" section)

Archived