Pixel8r

Dollar may be done here - Be careful

I don't understand that statement, how can anyone not be concerned with something which is getting close to it's all time low.

That's the time to buy. Buy on weakness. The US dollar is the reserve currency, not some back-water peripheral currency. When the market reverses, watch out for whiplash!

100% uncertain and hedged. ;)

That's the time to buy. Buy on weakness. The US dollar is the reserve currency, not some back-water peripheral currency. When the market reverses, watch out for whiplash!

100% uncertain and hedged. ;)

I have enough toilet paper thanks :lol:

You'll need it. :lol:

So I take it you are not thinking there will be a dollar currency collapse starting soon, as Jim Sinclair and Cliff High think.

So I take it you are not thinking there will be a dollar currency collapse starting soon, as Jim Sinclair and Cliff High think.

Quite the opposite. Haven't you read anything I've posted? :lol:

Quite the opposite. Haven't you read anything I've posted? :lol:

But you were saying you would buy at 72?

But you were saying you would buy at 72?

Dollar could go a bit lower here [hardly a currency collapse]... you can never get the exact bottom.... I will be buying next week once some funds are received.

Dollar could go a bit lower here... you can never get the exact bottom.... I will be buying next week once some funds are received.

With what yen?

I would at least wait until after October 25th and November 7th are out of the way.

With what yen?

No... hanging on to Yen for now. Will be buying with Korean won, which has strengthened over the past few months. When/if the market reverses, the won, along with many currencies, will be hit hard.

... I just arrive back at the HK airport to witness a new drama...

SHARP DOLLAR DROP to under 76

Will the US govt stand back and let it crash to lower lows,

Or have they readied something to boost it back?

Today could prove dramatic

With what yen?

I would at least wait until after October 25th and November 7th are out of the way.

Does that have to do with the Sinclair countdown? How many days are left? :lol:

... I just arrive back at the HK airport to witness a new drama...

SHARP DOLLAR DROP to under 76

Will the US govt stand back and let it crash to lower lows,

Or have they readied something to boost it back?

Today could prove dramatic

Yes, if it goes too low [below 72?], I think the Fed could engineer/spark a reversal in the twilight zone market. I imagine investors looking nervously at each-other sideways with the market so divorced from the real economy..... it wouldn't take much to instigate a panic.

bernanke1.jpg

Yes, if it goes too low [below 72?], I think the Fed could engineer/spark a reversal in the twilight zone market. I imagine investors looking nervously at each-other sideways with the market so divorced from the real economy..... it wouldn't take much to instigate a panic.

That will only happen if it goes to quickly, they want a controlled decent in the dollar. Looks like we are going to close below 76 today.

Havnt posted for a while. This caught my eye off the ticker guys posting.

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archive...f-Treasury.html

The Fed's "Quantitative Easing" is now basically defunct, with about $6 billion left out of the original $600. Of course the scam of buying Fannie and Freddie Paper (even though it is not full-faith-and-credit, as I have noted repeatedly) will continue through the first quarter of next year.

But there looms a larger and more immediate problem for Treasury - their incessant "rolling down the curve" activity over the last few years has led to some real trouble, although Treasury has started to recognize this issue. Currently average maturity is approximately 50 months (down from 70 months in 2000) and is starting to edge back upward.

But this belies the underlying reality - all of the debt, on average, must be rolled every four years, or about $3 trillion a year that must be rolled over PLUS net issuance!

Im not sure where he gets his numbers from... but if they are down to their last 1% then of their 600Bn, they are going to run out mighty fast.

What happened earlier in the year when they announced the start of QE?

C

Stolen from The Big Picture:

dollar_submerged.gif

Notice, it's only scubadiving, so it can't stay submerged for long, right? Right?????

falling_dollar.gif

It's not dead yet. Just a little fazed.

actial_size.gif

Well hey, it's still visible!

Stolen from The Big Picture:

dollar_submerged.gif

Notice, it's only scubadiving, so it can't stay submerged for long, right? Right?????

falling_dollar.gif

It's not dead yet. Just a little fazed.

actial_size.gif

Well hey, it's still visible!

LOL

But somehow, I reckon these are signs of an impending Turn.

May it start soon

LOL

May it start soon

...maybe this wildness will continue into the New Year.

Am also looking for a good bounce & new positions but not convinced we will see it until 2010 with a test & possible break of 72 in the meantime :unsure:

USD-75.65, and no signs of the rally yet.

LOL

May it start soon

You have been saying that for a while now.

http://www.tradersnarrative.com/us-dollar-...llish-2887.html

Extreme dollar bearish sentiment contrarian indicator.

I like that, not enough to pay $2000 a year. Perhaps on this site we could start a small version of the same thing. It feels to me and on HPC that dollar sentiment is extremely bearish right now. It doesn't mean the USD cannot push lower, however, I m waiting, or at least trying to patiently for a quick snap back in the USD.

I have been keeping an eye on this chart... The 73/74 area has also an area of confluence where support and resistance have existed before, most people are talking of the 70/71 area

USD Index

Another contrarian indicator was on the NYT today..."The USD is Finished" or something like that.

Almost, two months old and USDX is significantly lower now

As I also wrote when I posted elsewhere....

Best not to be against an established trend though.

EDIT: I should have added - I didn't notice the date...just goes to show doesn't it - don't try and second guess the markets. Wait for the low to pass and then jump on the trend.