Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

GEI's Online Exhibition Photo Gallery

Fancy a walk along the canal (going thru the East End?)

Yes but my trouble is I work a fair distance from home. you might enjoy this - I hope to do it one day

http://2012games.newham.gov.uk/Whatss+On/R...Tour+Newham.htm

Take a glimpse into Newham's future with our weekly free guided tour. Climb aboard your tour bus and experience the borough's transformation up close. Move between the Cultural Quarter, the famous Green Street, and the thriving the Excel Centre, and get the best view of the Olympic Village from high up at Holden Point.

Newham is undergoing the most exciting social and environmental transformations the East End has seen. The aim is to restore it to its historical position as a centre for trade and commerce and to encourage more people to benefit from the social and leisure opportunities on offer. That's the vision. Come and see it for yourself.

Details:

The 3-hour tour is free and departs from East Ham Town Hall every Thursday at 10am.

Email the regeneration tour officer to book your place.

Details:

The 3-hour tour is free and departs from East Ham Town Hall every Thursday at 10am

Email the regeneration tour officer to book your place.

It sounds interesting.

Good for the community. I hope it succeeds

bump,

and move to fringe - to PIN it

Five minute walk from my house will take you to any of the the following locations .............

4106693760_a23729a855.jpg

3449706824_8df06e473a.jpg

(Historically fishing was the town's main industry though the EU is trying to kill it off with unrealistic fishing quotas)

3553068271_611fb093d0.jpg

(A part of the world where dry rot and damp actually puts value ON a property and is sold as a feature!!!)

263726718_4d8c0875c6.jpg

(Deep man-adapted caves in the hills used traditionally for storage of smuggled contraband goods and for hiding in :ph34r: . This one has been turned into a tourist attraction but there are many more hidden along the coastline)

4027378658_31c1d06016.jpg

(We celebrate November 5th in grand style, my family were intrumental in ressurecting the local tradition and my Uncle is 'Captain of the Fire')

4026632997_102e1cd5f5.jpg

(We pack an effigy representing hated public figures (local and global) with explosives each year and blow it to kingdom come. This was this year's)

And from my back garden you can fish here ..............

3963367832_19994414b4.jpg

The town suffers from being very economically deprived but when I weigh up certain aspects, some shown and mentioned above, I feel I'm happier here than I would be in many other places in the UK.

Nice idea, I don't have your photo skills but here is the view from out of our bedroom window of the rolling South Northants countryside

Winter now but I think just as pretty :)

moresnow.jpg

Many of these photos can still inspire discussion, even wonder.

So I thought a revival on the Main board was overdue.

Taken 2 days ago with a Nikon D200, outside our home. The process of converting them from RAW to JPG to post here means some of the quality is lost;

DSC_8210.jpg

DSC_8209.jpg

DSC_8211.jpg

It was a beautiful sky that evening.

bump -

Some newer member may not have seen this thread before