Sign in to follow this  
Nigel Watson

Singapore / Thai / Indonesian stocks

Hi guys,

If possible, I'd really like some advice

I live in the UK. At the moment 80% of my savings are in the yellow shinny stuff. The remainder is in foreign currency (Singapore dollar / Yen / HK dollar). I have a tiny balance in turdling, for buying stuff like food

I don't want to sell my gold, but I want to diversify slightly as I continue to save (I'm good at this - live a simple, but enjoyable life!). I predict an inflationary outcome to QE - I also don't want to have anything to do with the UK economy - UK debt - household / corporate / govt too high. And the situation shows no sign of improving. The turning points for me would be

1. A UK current account equilibrium (debt stabilisation)

2. Positive real interest rates (signifying a commitment to maintaining the purchasing power of sterling)

I can't see these turning points at the moment - so the UK is a complete no go.

I want to invest in stocks in countries such as Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

Could anyone recommend an execution dealer that would let me buy stocks in these countries, paying in sterling. I would also want to keep hold of the share certificates myself (counterparty risk). I don't want to buy any shit that's priced in turdling that's traded on the London Stock Exchange.

Many thanks in advance

Nigel

Hi guys,

If possible, I'd really like some advice

I live in the UK. At the moment 80% of my savings are in the yellow shinny stuff. The remainder is in foreign currency (Singapore dollar / Yen / HK dollar). I have a tiny balance in turdling, for buying stuff like food

I don't want to sell my gold, but I want to diversify slightly as I continue to save (I'm good at this - live a simple, but enjoyable life!). I predict an inflationary outcome to QE - I also don't want to have anything to do with the UK economy - UK debt - household / corporate / govt too high. And the situation shows no sign of improving. The turning points for me would be

1. A UK current account equilibrium (debt stabilisation)

2. Positive real interest rates (signifying a commitment to maintaining the purchasing power of sterling)

I can't see these turning points at the moment - so the UK is a complete no go.

I want to invest in stocks in countries such as Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

Could anyone recommend an execution dealer that would let me buy stocks in these countries, paying in sterling. I would also want to keep hold of the share certificates myself (counterparty risk). I don't want to buy any shit that's priced in turdling that's traded on the London Stock Exchange.

Many thanks in advance

Nigel

Interactive Brokers has a very good global coverage. However you won't get certificates and you need to convert your currency to whatever you are buying in (the conversion rates have a very good tiny spread though so you don't lose there).

Interactive Brokers has a very good global coverage. However you won't get certificates and you need to convert your currency to whatever you are buying in (the conversion rates have a very good tiny spread though so you don't lose there).

www.boom.com can give you access to these three markets but I don't think you can get the certificates.