drbubb

I am moving to Hong kong; flight booked

SOME KNOW THIS already...

But I thought it would be worthwhile to make a general announcement

chinese%20new%20year%20fireworks,%20hong%20kong.jpg

I shall be moving to Hongkong at the end of August. I currently expect to stay for at least one or two years with regular trips back to the UK.

GEI will continue as normal, and I expect to continue as a very active poster.

There will be more content on things Asian. And I hope many see that as a positive thing.

I invest and trade for a living.

That will continue. What will be interesting, is to see if it becomes easier or more difficult. Because I will need to sleep sometimes, I may trade options in the US markets a good deal less than I do now.

I think I will continue to invest in Canadian Juniors, but will be keen to see what opportunities I can find in Oz. I think i shall also trade in Hongkong, and maybe China and Japan.

There are also various business ventures that i am looking at

Good Luck with it, Doc.

You have done so much for us on HPC and GEI, and now you are setting about a new challenge in HK. We all look forward to hearing more from your adventure as it unfolds.

Yes, good luck DrBubb. I am sure we will all be interested in reading your postings about living in Hong Kong.

LOL.

You may not like it. I am told that the air quality has declined enormously since I lived there about 20 years ago. We are thinking about living at Discover Bay, because it is cooler there, and the air is better.

My advance guard (the gf), is on the case and thinks clean air is more important than proximity to the Central business district. There's an article on another thread talking about how Hedge Funds are fleeing HK, to get away from the smog.

Good luck Bubb !

and keep up the good work ,i'm sure we all apreciate it

p.s i watched a program on the discovery channel last night ,about the hanging coffins of china

has anyone ever heard of this before?

http://www.china.org.cn/english/culture/55407.htm

instead of burying they're dead the Bo mysteriously manadged to place the coffins on limestone cliffs upto 130 metres high ,fascinating and weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DocB

Very very sad to hear you're leaving. We have personally benefitted enormously, both financially and intellectually, from you.

Thank you.

This is to such a point now that we can't stop devouring information and, with the guidance you have given, can hopefully interpret it accurately. We've worked in the renewable industry for 6 years and so concur with your GEI site. Many of the threads you started in the old HPC days were fabulous. They started tremenous debate and gave life to the forum. We nearly always agreed with you.

We wish you much success and happiness in your new venture. But that won't stop us missing you a lot.

Regards

KT

P.S. The last time an influencial poster said he was leaving, cgnao, in mid May 2006 gold dropped a bomb a couple of days later. At least he was back last week enouraging us to buy again! Don't suppose there is any chance of you returning....

Awww Bubb.... I am still learning, don't leave me!

Besides did you see this?

HK legislators pass 'spying law'

Hong Kong's legislature has passed a controversial new law on the use of covert surveillance and phone tapping, which critics fear will harm liberties.

Secretary for Security Ambrose Lee said the bill was crucial for public safety.

Well, all the best Bubb - you seem to make good decisions so I am sure that this will be one too. When you come back can you bring a playstation 3 with you :D

P.S. The last time an influencial poster said he was leaving, cgnao, in mid May 2006 gold dropped a bomb a couple of days later. At least he was back last week enouraging us to buy again! Don't suppose there is any chance of you returning....

He wasn't that influential - all he said was "buy gold, buy gold, buy gold - Protect yourselves, Protect yourselves..." After a fashion that gets quite boring....

Thnx, Everyone. Such nice words, KT!

I have bigger plans for GEI, and i will be posting here as much as ever.

So please do not desert this forum - it's still in its early days, and I think will get better and better.

Personally, I have been very pleased with the multitude of good post and posters coming on here,

and I expect thst will continue. And it should even get stronger, as certain efforts underway,

begin to happen.

And keep telling us your ideas for making it better

To second everyone elses comments - very best wishes for your move to the Orient, DrB.

a new time zone maybe, but I'll still look forward to your market comments and posts and your role as financial mentor is greatly appreciated. Thank you for a top site; the trading notes are an education, and the forums have attracted a large number of excellent quality posters. The more philosophical forums are also stimulating and thought provoking. I shall look forward to see how GEI develops. Hope the move doesn't adversely affect your trading strategies too much.

Bon Voyage,

TLM

All the best for your move Dr. B.

I went to school there in the 70's. End of August to January is the best part of the year. Around March/April you get the monsoons. Until the end of August you might like air conditioning, though I used to sleep with a fan turned full on during the humid months. Though the temperature might be only 30C, the humidity makes it feel much hotter.

Surprisingly, there are a lot of places to go that are very tranquil. I like Lamma island, but there are also places in the the NT and even HK island which are out of the way. Try a walk around the Tai Tam reservoir area on HK island or hike up to Castle Peak. There are lots of walking tracks everywhere in the hills, but watch for snakes!

You'll probably need something to keep the mosquitos off at night (various electronic devices are available).

Enjoy!

All the best Doc, looks like you may miss all the action here as things unfold, don't worry I will let the piggies know all about the crash as it unfolds. :lol: have a good one

SD,

You have described the HK summer perfectly.

I'd rather face the London heatwave. And I had a few things to wrap up.

Thnx, Consa

I hope I can keep an eye on UK housing developments thru GHPC

Thnx, Consa

I hope I can keep an eye on UK housing developments thru GHPC

You're always welcome to pop by, wherever you may end up :o it will get al lot more interesting as global events unfold, seems the US is leading the way at the moment as you are no doubt aware.

I MADE IT!

Arrived yesterday evening, had a decent night's sleep.

And now I am trying to recall how to cope with the heat and the time difference

I have started a little diary, and will try to updateit from time-to-time.

Please feel free to ask questions about HK or China- if you have any. I will answer them if i can

Link to Hk Diary : http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=866