electroweak

Mexican Flu / Swine Flu

Bird Flu was May 2007 - Israel-Gaza conflict?

SARS was March 2003 - Start of invasion of Iraq! !?

I'd never go as far as to say there is anything like a confirmed definite link with any of it, there is probably also a focusing effect which I have not really looked into with describing these events by their date.

But when you consider organised media coverage requires conspiracy, and the circumstantial evidence surrounding what happened with the last few ones of these (last time I spotted something like this it was the start of the "credit crunch" coverage, recommending everyone buy bank stocks, The first time was Sept 11th 2001)

This is also nothing new, when you look back at BBC propaganda like "The War Game" and how that was presented in the new light of M.A.D. and Rand Corp, when it comes to Swine Flu I know enough to just not give a F' what they want me to believe.

Can anyone in any country reading this post get their hands on some tamiflu or Relenza.

Can pay top dollar!

I travel a lot and would like to be protected when I do

Send me a private message

Are globalist fear-mongers driving the media to panic the public into universal healthcare solutions? Or federally-mandated vaccinations?

and while we're on sir/madam we are required to insert this chip under your skin.... it's perfectly harmless you won't even know it's there. It is of course necessary as it contains not only your vacination details but vital health information about yourself which the health authorities can scan immediately in the case of an emergency.

There's nothing natural with this swine flu. I say those evil Illuminati are trying to wipe billions of us off the map. Plus if people are afraid to group together in case they catch flu, there's no need to worry about the serfs rioting.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026159.html

Last week, when what is now called a "swine flu" was first

reported to be infecting and killing some people in Mexico, health

officials noted it was a strain of flu never before seen. In fact, it is

technically incorrect to call this simply a "swine" flu. Analyses showed

it's a mixture of swine, human and avian viruses, according to the

Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Moreover, it is genetically different

from the fully human H1N1 seasonal influenza virus that has been

circulating globally for the past few years. /*Bottom line: the new flu

virus contains DNA from avian, swine viruses

(including elements from European and Asian viruses) and human viruses.*/**

So did this curious mixture just develop naturally, out of the blue? Is

it the result of inhumane farming practices, as the Humane Society of

the United States has suggested, that exposes

immune-compromised pigs to all sorts of animal and human feces?

Well, maybe. But let's go back and look at the facts to see if any other

scenario could be possible.

First of all, there's the troublesome detail that the virus has elements

that come from multiple continents. Then there's the fact that true

swine flu is only rarelytransmissible to humans -- this flu is spreading

human-to-human, most likely because it contains DNA from human flu.

Could someone have deliberately mixed these viruses together? Is that

possible? Absolutely.

Was this virus mixing being done artificially in the lab, or had it

already been done? Yes.

Who was blending potentially viruses in labs? Were those horrible

generic boogie men known to Americans far and wide as "terrorists" doing

it? There's no proof of bioterrorism at work here yet. However, there is

evidence the United State government has been

working on concocting new flu virus blends.

So could the hysteria-provoking, new swine flu have escaped from a lab?

Or was it deliberately released as some kind of test? When these kinds

of questions are asked, the knee-jerk reaction of the mainstream media

(MSM) is to giggle and talk about

"conspiracy theories" and to joke about wearing tinfoil hats.

But here's the potential smoking gun, the facts that suggest a

potential source of the pandemic could be CDC labs. And at the

very least, this possibility deserves thoughtful examination and research.

The University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and

Policy (CIDRAP) is hardly a place most Americans have heard about and,

apparently, the Center's web site has news the MSM isn't familiar with,

either. But information they published years ago has now taken on an

urgent importance. /*CIDRAP, along with the Canadian newspaper Canadian

Press (CP), revealed back in 2004 that the CDC

was launching experiments designed to mix the H5N1 (avian) virus and

human flu viruses. The goal was to find out how likely it was such a

"reassortant" virus would emerge and just how dangerous it might be.*/**

Of course, it's logical to wonder if they also worked with the addition

of a swine flu virus, too.

Here's some background from the five-year-old report by the University

of Minnesota research center: "One of the worst fears of infectious

disease experts is that the H5N1 avian influenza

virus now circulating in parts of Asia will combine with a

human-adapted flu virus to create a deadly new flu virus that could

spread around the world. That could happen, scientists predict, if

someone who is already infected with an ordinary flu virus contracts the

avian virus at the same time. The avian virus has already caused at

least 48 confirmed human illness cases in Asia, of which 35 have been

fatal. The virus has shown little ability to spread from person to

person, but the fear is that a hybrid could combine the killing power of

the avian virus with the transmissibility of human flu viruses. /*Now,

rather than waiting to see if naturespawns such a hybrid, US

scientists are planning to try to breed one themselves -- in the name of

preparedness."*/**

And CDC officials actually confirmed the government had plans for the

research. The CIDRAP News folks did a great job covering this important

issue, which was apparently mostly ignored by the MSM back in 2004, and

CIDRAP News wrote to the CDC for information. This e-mail

produced an answer from CDC spokesman David Daigle who admitted

the CDC was working on the project in two ways.

"One is to infect cells in a laboratory tissue culture with

H5N1 and human flu viruses at the same time and then watch to see if

they mix. For the human virus, investigators will use A (H3N2), the

strain that has caused most human flu cases in recent years," the CIDRAP

story stated. This co-infection approach was described as slow and

labor-intensive. However, it was a way to produce a new virus that

appeared to be closer to what develops in nature.

There was another, faster way CDC scientists could create the mix, too.

Called reverse genetics, it involves piecing together a new virus with

genes from the H5N1 and H3N2 viruses. Reverse genetics had already

been used successfully to create H5N1 candidate vaccines in several

laboratories, the CDC's Daigle wrote.

"Any viable viruses that emerge from these processes will be seeded into

animals that are considered good models for testing how flu viruses

behave in humans... The aim will be to observe whether the animals get

sick and whether infected animals can infect others," he revealed in his

e-mail.

What's more, the CP reported the CDC had already made hybrid viruses

with H5N1 samples isolated from patients in Hong Kong

in 1997, when there was the first outbreak of that virus, dubbed the

"Hong Kong flu". It is not clear if the results of that research were ever

published. Back in 2004, Dr. Nancy Cox, then head of the CDC's influenza

branch, would tell the CP only: "Some gene combinations could be produced

and others could not."

The CP's report noted that the World Health Organization (WHO) had been

"pleading" for laboratories to do this blending-of-viruses research. The

reason? If successful, these flu mixes would back up WHO's warnings

about the possibility of a flu pandemic. In fact, Klaus Stohr,

head of the WHO's global flu program at the time, told the CP that if

the experiments were successful in producing highly transmissible and

pathogenic viruses, the agency would be even more worried -- but if labs

couldn't create these mixed flu viruses, then the agency might have to

ratchet down its level of concern.

The 2004 CIDRAP News report addressed the obvious risks of manufacturing

viruses in labs that, if released, could potentially spark a pandemic.

However, the CDC's Daigle assured the Minnesota research group the virus

melding would be done in a biosafety level 3 (BSL-3) laboratory. "We

recognize that there is concern by some over this type of work. This

concern may be heightened by reports of recent lab exposures in other

lab facilities," he told CIDRAP. "But CDC has an incredible record in

lab safety and is taking very strict precautions."

Five years later, we must ask more questions. Were those safety measures

enough? Was the CDC creating or testing any of these virus mixes in or

near Mexico? What other potentially deadly virus combinations has the US

government created? Don't US citizens, as taxpayers who funded these

experiments, have a right to know? And for all the residents of planet

earth faced with a potentially deadly global epidemic, isn't it time for

the truth?

now at WHO pandemic level 5.

Important parameters:

a ) R0 (reinfection rate)

b ) Mortality

my guess is b ) is low low low compared to first estimates. I have a contact from Mexico who says people have been turnng up for weeks and cases not recorded. I sure hope so. Still possiblility of waves with higher mortality rates to come. IMO it is not inconcievable we end up in the nightmare world of H5N1 recombinig with H1N1.

This could happen in some human cases having both flu's at the same time.

local and less mass produced food needed - and not just because of peak oil

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/e.../2009/0429.html

Factory Farms as toxic concentrations

At the very least the driving force for giant industrial agribusiness outsourcing of facilities to third world sites such as Veracruz, Mexico has more to do with further cost reduction and lack of health and safety scrutiny than it does with improving the health and safety quality of the food end product. It has been widely documented and subject of US Congressional reports that large-scale indoor animal production facilities such as that of Granjos Carroll are notorious breeding grounds for toxic pathogens.

A recent report by the US Pew Foundation in cooperation with the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health notes, ‘the method of producing food animals in the United States has changed from the extensive system of small and medium-sized farms owned by a single family to a system of large, intensive operations where the animals are housed in large numbers in enclosed structures that resemble industrial buildings more than they do a traditional barn. That change has happened primarily out of view of consumers but has come at a cost to the environment and a negative impact on public health, rural communities, and the health and well-being of the animals themselves. 11

The Pew study notes, ‘The diversified, independent, family-owned farms of 40 years ago that produced a variety of crops and a few animals are disappearing as an economic entity, replaced by much larger, and often highly leveraged, farm factories. The animals that many of these farms produce are owned by the meat packing companies from the time they are born or hatched right through their arrival at the processing plant and from there to market.’12;

The study emphasizes that application of ‘untreated animal waste on cropland can contribute to excessive nutrient loading, contaminate surface waters, and stimulate bacteria and algal growth and subsequent reductions in dissolved oxygen concentrations in surface waters.’13

That is where the real investigation ought to begin, with the health and sanitary dangers of the industrial factory pig farms like the one at Perote in Veracruz. The media spread of panic-mongering reports of every person in the world who happens to contract ‘symptoms’ which vaguely resemble flu or even Swine Flu and the statements to date of authorities such as WHO or CDC are far from conducive to a rational scientific investigation..

Tamiflu and Rummy

In October 2005 the Pentagon ordered vaccination of all US military personnel worldwide against what it called Avian Flu, H5N1. Scare stories filled world media. Then, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld announced he had budgeted more than $1 billion to stockpile the vaccine, Oseltamivir sold under the name, Tamiflu. President Bush called on Congress to appropriate another $2 billion for Tamiflu stocks.

What Rumsfeld neglected to report at the time was a colossal conflict of interest. Prior to coming to Washington in January 2001, Rumsfeld had been chairman of a California pharmaceutical company, Gilead Sciences. Gilead Sciences held exclusive world patent rights to Tamiflu, a drug it had developed and whose world marketing rights were sold to the Swiss pharma giant, Roche. Rumsfeld was reportedly the largest stock holder in Gilead which got 10% of every Tamiflu dose Roche sold.14 When it leaked out, the Pentagon issued a curt statement to the effect that Secretary Rumsfeld had decided not to sell but to retain his stock in Gilead, claiming that to sell would have indicated something to hide.’ That agonizing decision won him reported added millions as the Gilead share price soared more than 700% in weeks.

Tamiflu is no mild candy to be taken lightly. It has heavy side effects. It contains matter that could have potentially deadly consequences for a person’s breathing and often reportedly leads to nausea, dizziness and other flu-like symptoms.

Since the outbreak of Swine Flu Panic (not Swine Flu but Swine Flu Panic) sales of Tamiflu as well as any and every possible drug marketed as flu related have exploded. Wall Street firms have rushed to issue ‘buy’ recommendations for the company. ‘Gimme me a shot Doc, I don’t care what it is…I don’ wanna die…’

Panic and fear of death was used by the Bush Administration skilfully to promote the Avian Flu fraud. With ominous echoes of the current Swine Flu scare, Avian Flu was traced back to huge chicken factory farms in Thailand and other parts of Asia whose products were shipped across the world. Instead of a serious investigation into the sanitary conditions of those chicken factory farms, the Bush Administration and WHO blamed ‘free-roaming chickens’ on small family farms, a move that had devastating economic consequences to the farmers whose chickens were being raised in the most sanitary natural conditions. Tyson Foods of Arkansas and CG Group of Thailand reportedly smiled all the way to the bank.

Now it remains to be seen if the Obama Administration will use the scare around so-called Swine Flu to repeat the same scenario, this time with ‘flying pigs’ instead of flying birds. Already Mexican authorities have reported that the number of deaths confirmed from so-called Swine Flu is 7 not the 150 or more bandied in the media and that most other suspected cases were ordinary flu or influenza.

Excellent find wednesday2. Thank you!

The most overwhelmingly important thing this guy said, was that the Mexican and American isolates are the same genetic sequence.

IF that's true (i.e., his source is accurate, and the sampled individuals represent the full spectrum of severity of cases in both countries) then this is very good news.

One would then be forced to conclude the differential death rate in the two countries is merely a reflection of very innacurate numbers (many undetected mild cases in Mexico, and overestimation of deaths due to this virus).

Official numbers for Mexico are 150 dead / 2000 infected - a killing rate of 7%. Regular flu kills 0.1% and the 1918 strain 2%. The death rate outside Mexico, so far, is something like 1/200 - i.e., more like regular flu. So IF its all the same strain then some 20,000 mild cases must have beeen missed in Mexico, and we're not talking about a very serious disease here.

I really hope this is all true - but I still can't ignore the fact that all new viruses mutate and evolve, especially into more lethal forms. At a stretch, innacuracy in the official numbers could fit with this virus not yet having mutated in Mexico (to create a more lethal form) but I am not yet convinced ...just a little less pessimistic than I was before I saw this guys video.

BTW: got myself some tamiflu, just in case :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeKB7aKzOs

How to get rich:

1. Stockpile anti-flu drugs

2. Release flu viruses to create demand.

Easy peasy

(not) funny - a lot of people think the same about the computer anti virus companies

Whether true or not, a lot of ex spotty teenage virus writers grow up to work in the IT anti virus industry!

Although when it comes to hacking a lot of people blame state sponsoured hacking by the Chinese

PS. That the press have jumped on the pig virus bandwagon is NO surprise whatsoever. They have no doubt bored the non financially minded to death with their credit crunch headlines. BAD news sells. And nothing better than BAD NEWS that might wipe us all out. Good news on the other hand does not shift many newspapers.

Furthermore my fellow GEI'ers you should be aware of the fact that the newspaper publishing industry is, finance wise, in a seriously bad state in both the UK & US. Not saying its a conspiracy, am saying its a nice money making opo for the press.

Good stuff, thanks.

Pretty scary considering the stronger you're immune system the more at risk of becoming a fatality! It turns over the concept of "survival of the fitest" and Darwin's theory of evolution through natural selection on it's head. What reinforces this is the fatalities are prone to be in the age group that are arguably the most productive from both an economic input and reproductive point of view. World demograhics, or at least the UK and US are not conducive to a fair and stable society as it is without the exacerbation that this pandemic could cause.

Looks like I may have to re visit the ways of my youth in order to run down my immune system, you know the one...... all night partying, little sleep, living on alcohol, cigarettes, kebabs and black coffee, I'd much rather die this way :D

Pretty scary considering the stronger you're immune system the more at risk of becoming a fatality!

...only trouble is, it doesn't fit the data.

His argument is that this swine flu is like the 1918 virus - kills 2-3%, kills adults

But we have about 350 adults confirmed infected outside Mexico, with no deaths! Oh yes, plus one death that was a child!!!

Additionally, first wave of infection in mexico was a village where 800 adults became infected, with no deaths!

Now, suddenly in the last month, several hundred people (or many more if you believe the blogs of mexican doctors) start dying in mexico.

Something else seems to be going on, and it doesn't feel good!

Mexico is beginning a five-day shutdown of parts of its economy in a bid to slow the spread of swine flu.

Non-essential government services will stop, while businesses like cinemas and restaurants will be shut. Some factories will be closed.

Swine flu cases have now been confirmed in 12 countries over three continents.

There is growing concern at the effect the virus could have on Mexico's already-struggling economy. Some countries have already banned imports of Mexican pork products.

To read the U.K Government's Swine Flu advice leaflet, click the following link

http://www.dasbusinesslaw.co.uk/indexf.asp...eFluLeaflet.pdf

or

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/actio...nesslink.gov.uk

FCO - KNOW BEFORE YOU GO CAMPAIGN

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-li...-america/mexico

Uk travellers should note re travel insurance as a matter of course:

1 if you travel to a place where the FCO has advised NOT to travel - then your travel insurance cover will NOT protect you

2 if you have already booked your trip and already got the travel insurance cover and 1 above happens - then you can claim cancellation costs of your holiday/trip

so what do the FCO say -

The Foreign Office has updated its advice to British citizens visiting Mexico and is now advising against all but essential travel there.

Routine Consular and all visa services at the Embassy in Mexico City have been suspended until further notice. British nationals in Mexico who have an urgent consular issue should call the Embassy on (01 55) 5242 8500 for assistance.

The FCO says that: "British nationals resident in or visiting Mexico may wish to consider whether they should remain in Mexico at this time."

Now, suddenly in the last month, several hundred people (or many more if you believe the blogs of mexican doctors) start dying in mexico.

What do they write today?

What do they write today?

An example can be seen here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8024308.stm

Last few days comments were

"the number of deaths reported should be higher." & "Patients continue to pour in with flu symptoms. Some have very serious pneumonia and need to be put on ventilators. I think the total number of deaths is far beyond the seven who have tested positive for the infection. "

Seems those are dying, are succumbing to pneumonia which is brought about by the flu. That's what happenned to adults in 1918. Perhaps the abundance of secondary infections that can cause pneumonia is less outside Mexico, helping to explain the differential death rates. That would be reassuring if its so.

FYI...

- the NHS helpline for flu virus has a lot of crackling on the line

- can we trust our government with swine flew, ...pigs might fly

Deaths from Flu: 63,730 annual deaths for influenza and pneumonia (NVSR Sep 2001); estimated 20,000 deaths from flu (NIAID)

Cause of death rank: 7th leading cause of death in 1999 and 2000 is "pneumonia/influenza" (CDC)

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/f/flu/deaths.htm

Get real, stop watching the tv.

erm.

you realise the point of a pandemic is the volume of infections?

all flu's are deadly.

The difference here is the possibility of high double digit percentage infection rates or worse.

60 million people in the uk

say we hit a 30% infection rate

1% of infected die

20 million infected

200,000 deaths.

your 63k is for the entire population of the US (300 million)

the above scenario there would be 1 million deaths.

erm.

you realise the point of a pandemic is the volume of infections?

I realise this is why tptb have categorised this one as such, seems a bit scarier this time round

.........and don't forget that the sky is falling in too, chicken little!

Oh, it's ok, Foxy Loxy (aka Gormo Broon) will lead us out of danger.

Let's face it, we were wrenched from the clutches of death during the Bird Flu outbreak that nearly closed the earth for a weekend last year..........

Also I love the advertising Roche are given every time someone at the BBC feels the need to give us an example of a packet of miracle pills that make all the evil go away, advertising that you in fact can not pay for, yet would pay handsomly for. Product placement for the dumb masses.

:huh: