Silent reader

The Livestock & Home produce thread - An Alternative investment

well done.

I will pick this up on another thread as well:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=16127

Just my little bit towards being self sufficient, sadly I no longer have the land access to expand, my in laws sold up most of their land and farm house to a property developer, the offer was just too good.

My bit is almost hobby stuff, it's healthy, costs little money, a bit of time and gives plenty of satisfaction because it tastes great.

Just my little bit towards being self sufficient, sadly I no longer have the land access to expand, my in laws sold up most of their land and farm house to a property developer, the offer was just too good.

My bit is almost hobby stuff, it's healthy, costs little money, a bit of time and gives plenty of satisfaction because it tastes great.

Must be healthier too.

If you grow it, you control it: Can keep GMO out, and dangerous fertilizers too.

The food we buy at the supermarket is increasingly "weaponized"

Bump again

Success this year has once again been with the fruit, or rather Strawbs, I now have an ego boosting reputation as a top notch Strawberry grower, friends and family take "shoots" off me to cultivate their own little crops. Another tremendous yield for me as were the Raspberries now on about my 6th week of daily desert for the family; once again the damp weather seems to help.

Veg well the lettuce was ok, beets hmm so so, likewise Beans, tasted great but maybe not lasted that long. Going to stick some Leeks in today as last years lasted well into Winter and Spring even.

Just wish I had more space and time.

Well done, Rigger,

I love strawberries, Can you grow cherries too?

Well done, Rigger,

I love strawberries, Can you grow cherries too?

Thanks. Yes cherry trees are dead easy, there is a problem however and it goes tweet,tweet. Afraid without netting the birds love them, so probably manage to salvage a jar or two, three if very lucky.

Barely worth the effort I'm afraid, but my wife loves them, so I resist the temptation to dig the tree up, just prune it to keep it manageable for now and the starlings tend to go for the sturdy branches, so I always head for the flimsy ones to crop; still end up throwing half away as they have been pecked already!