Back from the future / concept for shaping government policy

OK. I'll bite.

How do you make that work... in bringing about change?

• 3 weeks later...
OK. I'll bite.

How do you make that work... in bringing about change?

I am writing an article that I will post once finished, I had intended on finishing it whilst I came up with the idea for the post but it needs more work. I'd actually forgotten that I'd posted just the very start of it in error some time ago (I moved over to notepad to develop it further) but spotted it on reviewing my profile settings today.

I will finish it, eventually...

• 10 months later...
An opinion of Perishabull;

Words have an impact if they not only say something new but say it in a new way, a picturesque idiom

such as

Gerald Celente's maxim is that current events form future trends. But what if scenario's of the future were presented to those holding the levers of power in order that they have a vision of the end game of current policies?

"Dear CEO,

Following the completion of my 2028 report, as the CFO of Capitalism Corp, I'm obliged to report to you areas where Capitalism Corp can be optimised for the benefit of the shareholders, the population of the world.

Note section 2© of the report whereby the division operating in Germany exported 546,847 gearbox units for antigrav vehicles to the UK for the automobile industry, similarly the UK exported 1,273,928 of gearboxes to Germany for their production lines. This resulted in a net loss of W5,363,364 in transportation, development and intellectual property costs. Wasted man hours totalling 57,362 and, in addition, CO2 unnecessarily released totalling 154,348 tonnes. The failed EU project and subsequent polarisation of constituent countries continues to fragment our ability to align costs across the world. This is merely one example that needs to be addressed. Further W needs to be directed to the EU in order that they finally become part of a united EU that can be merged with what is finally OWG.

Ozone depletion at the poles is now reaching a critical level therefore it is now apparent that the climate change skeptics need to accept that as 34% of world cities are now under water human actions are contributing to climate change. This needs to change.

Whilst we are under continual pressure to uphold our corporate social responsibility by ensuring our environmental impacts do not add to the further flooding of coastal cities due to polar icecap melts, and the resulting inland refugees; we do need to improve profit in order to benefit the citizens of the world, they all have a financial stake in what we do, aside from the EU member states of course.

Yours

CFO"

W - World transaction units (aligned to gold at 1,650 prior dollars)

OWG - One World Governemt

What would happen if a framework existed where policy makers were provided various scenarios of what the future may entail? If those scenarios were based on a continuation of current policies which they then had to debate then it may have a greater impact than the current mode of thinking. Currently it appears that the greater impact on current policy is whether or not politicians will continue to be employed after the next election. That is calamitous in the extreme.

W - World transaction units (aligned to gold at 1,650 prior dollars)

OWG - One World Governemt

What would happen if a framework existed where policy makers were provided various scenarios of what the future may entail? If those scenarios were based on a continuation of current policies which they then had to debate then it may have a greater impact than the current mode of thinking. Currently it appears that the greater impact on current policy is whether or not politicians will continue to be employed after the next election. That is calamitous in the extreme.

Future scenarios are oh-so-hard to predict.

Almost all imaginations of the future go badly astray, but it is fascinating nonetheless.

I find the IMAGES of the future particularly fascinating.

Like these:

the_shape_of_things_to_come.large.jpg

ford01dailyicon.jpg

The-Shape-of-Things-to-come.JPG

410w.jpg

Behnisch Architects' proposed design for Harvard's Allston Science Complex (rendering above) is featured in the exhibition "Ecology.Design.Synergy.

...all of these were discovered by typing "shape of things to come" into Google Images.

.... Currently it appears that the greater impact on current policy is whether or not politicians will continue to be employed after the next election. That is calamitous in the extreme.

A common error here, like the majority you believe that politicians are not in the game for their own self serving aggrandisement but instead should be helping society as a whole.

Future scenarios are oh-so-hard to predict.

Almost all imaginations of the future go badly astray, but it is fascinating nonetheless.

410w.jpg

Behnisch Architects' proposed design for Harvard's Allston Science Complex (rendering above) is featured in the exhibition "Ecology.Design.Synergy.

...all of these were discovered by typing "shape of things to come" into Google Images.

Architecture is one of those few areas where the future actually comes closest to confirming

to the architect's/ designer's intentions.

EXCERPT:

Dense communities, if they contain a tight enough mix of many uses and activities, are places where you can walk or bike to many things, with no need for a gas-guzzling car. Density needn't require high-rise, either. Low-rise Cambridge and Somerville are among the most densely populated communities in the United States. Low-rise Paris is the densest city in the developed world.

Creating vibrant, dense, mixed-use environments is a Behnisch forte. A riverfront development in Pittsburgh is an example, where narrow people-scaled alleys lace together a rich variety of sizes and activities. Even in Allston, where Harvard research labs are the single dominant use, Behnisch introduces variety everywhere - in the loose, informal shapes of the buildings, in the way landscape and architecture interpenetrate, and in the social spaces that are tucked in everywhere.

Behnisch also respects what you might call the original DNA of Harvard: the green quad, surrounded by buildings, but always open at the corners so you can see through the quad to spaces beyond. For those who haven't visited the Allston project on display in Holyoke Center in Harvard Square, this exhibit is a good introduction.

I'm also an admirer of this architect's method of presenting buildings. There's a sort of mist of green everywhere, in the drawings and often, too, in the models. So much green may -or may not - prove to be a reality in a Boston winter. But it stands, in the exhibit, for a powerfully held conviction by these architects. If it's to some extent symbolic, it's also masterful visual salesmanship.

But even in architecture, there are loads of unitended consequences.

The idea of granting everyone some decent Space-to-live, created the montrous suburban

sprawl that blights the living environment for many of us these days

Archived