New Clean Energy Fund - Nova

http://www.novacleanenergy.com/Energy_Fund.html

Across sectors and geographies, the Fund will focus on opportunities that involve investment in companies in the following industry segments:

+ The Fund's objective is to build the leading franchises in clean electricity generation and fuel production that utilize commercialized technologies in industries such as wind, solar photovoltaic, concentrating solar power, biomass and biofuels, etc.

+ The Fund will also seek to invest in companies that operate in critical segments of the clean energy generation and production value chain and that have synergies with other portfolio companies.

+ Such segments may include raw materials, equipment manufacturing,transportation/distribution, energy management, green energy trading, energy storage, etc.

The Fund will also seek to invest in companies whose emerging technologies have been through the appropriate development stages and are poised for commercialization such as new energy conversion technologies for clean fossil-fuel combustion, low polluting biomass, emerging biofuels, energy storage, etc.

Investment Spectrum

Nova will endeavor to pursue expansion stage, infrastructure and buyout investments due to its ability to access and manage risk in a broader spectrum of the marketplace than many other investors.

Nova believes that participating in company development and infrastructure build-out will present the opportunity to capture growth and to commit large amounts of capital with asymmetrical pay-offs of significant upside with limited downside risk.

Nova believes that it is developing the experience and track record in blending these investment styles to achieve superior risk-adjusted returns.

2009 Report: http://www.novacleanenergy.com/documents/C...cember_2008.pdf

++++++

Is it better to get in early or late?

In principle I never invest i new funds or fund managers as I do not believe that giving my money to an investment firm to learn how to invest achieves good performance. I useually want a fund manager who has a good track record and at least 5 years in the fund.

• 7 months later...

Would you retain the min 5 year policy if the fund listed as an ETF?

Had dinner with some old friends in London last night who just moved back here from the east. He is raising capital to launch the fund and if successful it will list. I assume that it's easier to get out of an ETF trade than a fund investment so the tie up concern should not be so great.

It was interesting to hear him lay out the criteria for the scope of the fund's investments. I would also add that this guy is doing this in great part out of a strong sense of communal responsibility. He could retire many times over if he wished, or work for your standard equities business like he did until now.

I'll update from time to time if there is any interest.

• 2 months later...
Would you retain the min 5 year policy if the fund listed as an ETF?

Had dinner with some old friends in London last night who just moved back here from the east. He is raising capital to launch the fund and if successful it will list. I assume that it's easier to get out of an ETF trade than a fund investment so the tie up concern should not be so great.

It was interesting to hear him lay out the criteria for the scope of the fund's investments. I would also add that this guy is doing this in great part out of a strong sense of communal responsibility. He could retire many times over if he wished, or work for your standard equities business like he did until now.

I'll update from time to time if there is any interest.

There are already some good alt energy efts on the market.

LON:ALTE

http://www.etfsecurities.com/fund/etfs_fun...e_energy_en.asp

• 5 weeks later...
I really love to read articles which are very informative and the topics are based or concerned with the current issues in our society. I admire these writers in sharing their views and or opinions that can enlighten the mind of the readers. Great job!

Randerson88, are you a bot?

Archived