badhairday

It is worth switching over to the euro

So is it worth moving from pound to euro, if in a few months the pound will merely switch over? or is it more likely UK will stay out of the euro/not be accepted in the club, and watch as the currency loses more and more value.

I thought about the parity thing before but, apart from it looking like a nice 1:1 ratio there is no real reason to join at parity compared to any other ratio

After Germanies comments, UK are not likely to be welcome in the club.

- see this thread

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....amp;#entry82530

Herr Brown does not have the necessary Von Mises credentials LOL

So is it worth moving from pound to euro, if in a few months the pound will merely switch over? or is it more likely UK will stay out of the euro/not be accepted in the club, and watch as the currency loses more and more value.

Don't bother, they're both toast. The only way to hedge against currencies in the current climate is with gold, nothing else (even commodities or energy) will do the job at the moment.

The UK will not be joining the Euro any time soon. We lose the ability to destroy our own currency if we join. Which means there will be no inflating our way out of the mess.

You're formulating a plan to stay IN the fiat currency game once the pound collapses to dust? Most people here are trying to get out whilst they still can, but it takes all sorts I suppose :huh:

The Euro will probably get a boost from the declining dollar but I doubt it will be very long term. Gold is the only investment in the last 18 months that I've not worried about when it swings up and down.