SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullionvault is to offer silver.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=aXhlaFn8dzbQ

April 21 (Bloomberg) -- BullionVault, an online service for private investors to buy and sell gold, will add silver this year and expand the choice of storage locations beyond Zurich, London and New York as investors seek an alternative to cash.

I will not even consider shifting Silver->Gold until it hits 50, and probably not until about 25.

25 seems a little optimistic. Look at this graph for ratio on each day of this decade long PMs bull market.

I reckon 40-50 is as good as it will get, although I agree that the ratio is falling now.

gold_to_silver.PNG

http://goldmoney.com/en/report-monthly.html

Metal/Currency       Amount Held
GoldGrams - London   6,001,621.969gg
GoldGrams - Zurich   6,770,676.786gg
Silver - London      6,219,367.800oz
Silver - Zurich      9,388,515.851oz

Why are silver investors so much more inclined to use the Zurich vault, compared with gold investors?

Why are silver investors so much more inclined to use the Zurich vault, compared with gold investors?

I use BV for gold and GM for silver. Zurich in both cases. A lot of people doing the same as me could have caused the skew.

TBH, I’m a bit surprised GM holds similar amounts of gold at London and Zurich

I spoke with Bullionvault today about silver. They hope to have things ready for september and you will be able to use your existing account. Hopefully this wont be too late as who knows when the rush for the exits will occure.

What did he say?

Something like get out of silver. A real Silver Sammy sighting. I remember thinking the bottom of this recent correction might be soon.

I'm getting a bit worried that we may not see gold and silver fall much more. Worried because I have been holding back some cash waiting for further correction.

Something like get out of silver. A real Silver Sammy sighting. I remember thinking the bottom of this recent correction might be soon.

I'm getting a bit worried that we may not see gold and silver fall much more. Worried because I have been holding back some cash waiting for further correction.

What was the justification for wanting to get out of silver?

I have been accumulating a good stash of cash also. I am thinking they both may still drop, but silver is more likely to than gold. I reckon the explanation for gold remaining high now has nothing to do with inflation or deflation [which affects gold when considered a commodity] but because the big boys are buying it primarily for its monetary properties.. buying it as a currency. If gold remains steady around 900 thne perhaps it has already become "monetized".

I am inclining towards just accumulating gold and trading silver [on the pull backs] over the next few months. That said, we might still see gold go down a little in the near future, but if it only dips 50 odd bucks, why bother waiting. Dualistic silver on the other is quite a different story.