SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s the official diameter of a 2008 silver panda?

I’ve seen 40mm on some websites and 39mm on others.

I’m really confused. Can anyone help

1oz Silver Pandas were only minted from 1987 onwards and all are 40mm in diameter.

27g Silver Pandas were minted from 1983 to 1985 and were 38.6mm in diameter.

One more reason for gold and silver to get bombed off their highs: tomorrow is a gold/silver option expiry. The criminals, Gold Cartel and others, who work the Comex almost always ORCHESTRATE a precious metals price dump right before and on the expiries. It is illegal if American anti-trust law means anything, but the CFTC could care less, as they are part of the problem, which is WHY they were included in the Presidents Working Group on Financial Markets.

Should i/we be trading this then?

Or is just the dog wagging the tail in anticipation of a dump?

No-one is going to sell actual retail silver at anywhere near $6.60. Better transfer the cash to Goldmoney pdq if you think this may happen (the money transfer takes days).

Yes, I was going to add.... if you can find it. :)

I bought kilo bars a few weeks back [NZ Mint]... though I have to wait until Febuary before I can collect it.

People would be doing very well to average in at these prices. Buy and hold.

I started to average in at the beginning of this week. With the cash lined up it will take 5 weeks.

I can't tell whether it's a bottom or what, so just averaging in.

No-one is going to sell actual retail silver at anywhere near $6.60. Better transfer the cash to Goldmoney pdq if you think this may happen (the money transfer takes days).

Already done ;)

That's funny, there's a guy (who also goes by the moniker of 'Ker') over on the Kitco forum warning of the same impending doom in the price of silver and convincing others to sell out and to buy back at $6.60/oz in 2 weeks time...

See post no. 727

Can't just be coincidence, so I hope you're right Ker as I'm willing and able to fill up the truck should prices fall below $7/oz.

There again, if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is...

Bob Chapman has an interesting take on silver...

In a stunning new development, the Dubai Multi-Commodities Center is now putting the finishing touches on the formation of an exchange traded fund for silver with a launch likely next month as demand for silver has surged in the past six months. What may be happening here is that the OPEC nations, and possibly also Russia, are setting up a counterbalance against the collapse of oil prices. You may recall from past issues that we discussed at length how we thought that sovereign wealth funds in oil-rich nations were tweaking gold and silver upward every time oil was smashed by the Illuminist manipulators. The message was, you leave oil alone, or we will send gold and silver to the moon and expose your destruction of the US economy by killing the canaries in the coal mines, thus ringing the gold and silver alarm bells loud and clear. This makes the Illuminists rabid, and induces collective myocardial infarctions among them, because precious metal suppression, especially of gold, is JOB ONE at the Fed. The failure to cap the price of gold was Paul Volcker's only regret as Fed Head during his handling of the inflationary crisis of the late 70's and early 80's, and the privately owned, Illuminist Fed does not intend to make the same mistake twice.

The Illuminati have made two major mistakes, and the Dubai exchange may be the OPEC solution to the oil takedown, which is the direct result of those mistakes. The first mistake is that the Illuminati gave OPEC a taste of 147 oil, and then pounded it down to 55. This will not be tolerated, especially after these nations got a chance to experience the huge profits generated by such lofty oil prices. The second mistake is the trashing of silver prices in the face of growing shortages at a time when the above-ground silver stocks are at an all-time low and headed even lower. The shortages are being caused by manipulated silver prices that are below the cost of production, thus causing a collapse in production, and the manipulation of base metals prices into the subbasement is adding to the loss of production because 70% of silver is produced as a by-product of base metal processing. Due to these criminal price manipulations, the gold to silver ratio is now 77 to 1, when historically is should be around 15 or 20 to 1. This huge price imbalance, growing shortage and all-time low levels of above-ground stocks has set up the greatest opportunity to corner a commodity market in the history of the world.

The Hunt Brothers would be drooling right now. When they were trying to the corner the market, it was much, much larger by many billions of ounces, and prices were being driven much, much higher, topping $40 per ounce, because there was far less manipulation of those markets than there is today (yes, believe it or not, we once had something bordering on free markets). The Dubai silver ETF may pick up where the Hunt Brothers left off. Since there are only about a billion ounces of above-ground silver stocks left, and because silver is trading at a ridiculous sub-10, ten billion could clean out the entire above-ground silver stock. This is chump change for these wealthy oil sheiks and their sovereign wealth funds. So get ready to rumble as the evil Illuminist scum and the price-gouging sheiks of OPEC prepare to "get it on" in an oil-silver showdown, complete with some very spectacular fireworks to come. Both oil and silver are headed much higher, and gold will tag along for the ride as silver vaults to new heights.

In the end we expect some sort of compromise, as $150 oil would take down the entire world economy, which is now teetering on the brink. We should soon see $80 to $100 oil and $15 to $20 silver. Silver may go much higher than that depending on how stubborn the Illuminists become about the price of oil. This is starting to get very interesting, so stay tuned, as one of the greatest financial battles of all time gets under way.

Instead of foolishly pumping money into insolvent, zombie banks, the sheiks may well have decided to go after the silver market. Imagine what will happen as those who require silver to make their products see the COMEX gold and silver being funneled to Dubai's ETF. All we can say is, if you were waiting for some precious metals fireworks, get ready, because it's coming. It is now time to load up on precious metals, especially silver. Oil will do well also. As some form of confirmation, we also note the growing open interest in the February gold options and futures contracts. Let the Battle of the Titans begin.

CONTINUE >>>

If they're planning to launch in December, then one would have to assume that they've been buying a lot in the past few months or are they waiting for Ker's $6.60/oz?

Due diligence as always and don't take anything as gospel when it comes from Bob C. as the guy does have a screw loose when it comes to predictions e.g. all out thermonuclear WWIII coming soon and all that cobblers...

PS. Sorry Bob if you're watching, but you're sounding like a complete loon as far as geopolitics is concerned...

Silver Forward Rates

1month 2month 3month

11-Nov-08 0.26429 0.37857 0.40000

12-Nov-08 0.25833 0.36667 0.54500

13-Nov-08 0.14286 0.28571 0.38143

14-Nov-08 0.12000 0.20833 0.19500

17-Nov-08 0.14286 0.20000 0.21000

18-Nov-08 0.12571 0.12571 0.20714

19-Nov-08 0.05714 0.05000 0.17857

20-Nov-08 0.06167 0.09000 0.21833

That's funny, there's a guy (who also goes by the moniker of 'Ker') over on the Kitco forum warning of the same impending doom in the price of silver and convincing others to sell out and to buy back at $6.60/oz in 2 weeks time...

See post no. 727

Can't just be coincidence, so I hope you're right Ker as I'm willing and able to fill up the truck should prices fall below $7/oz.

There again, if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is...

Ker is also posting the same on goldismoney.info, very busy posting his charts & predictions to lots of gold/silver forums. Makes me wonder why. <_<

If you just follow TA as per a religion, and do not look at the big picture i.e. Fundamental Analysis, then you deserve to get hurt.

If I see another 8.x again I am going in...not all in...but a big way in, and will be buying all the way down to Ker's 6.x if it ever comes up.

I personally do not think Ker has any other motives other than sharing his own analysis. I do the same, to keep myself honest.

First Majestic - do they deliver to the UK?

Also, if the situation ever arose, how would one sell them?

They're not exactly like philharmonics or maples.

I have enquired postage to the UK (I’ve never ordered)

Minimum postage is 45 USD. It costs around 100 USD to deliver 100 of ‘One Oz Coins’

They going to sell some 5 Oz, 10 Oz and 1 kg in around a months time. These will be cheaper to post because they are not individually encapsulated.

Email them off the website and ask them to let you know when they are available. I’ll post if I remember.

Ker is also posting the same on goldismoney.info, very busy posting his charts & predictions to lots of gold/silver forums. Makes me wonder why. <_<

Kinda reminds me of a poster who went by the moniker of 'Twowave' (anyone remember him/her?), who for months was amazinngly accurate with his TA over on the Kitco forum and would post all sorts of wonderful charts for the week ahead, etc.

Then when the big move came i.e. up to +$20/oz, he got all his little followers to go short by posting downbeat charts every week until everyone cottoned on to the fact that they had been had by the time the price breached $15/oz. Needless to say, I enjoyed selling all the silver back them to them at +$20/oz...

Now, I'm not accusing Ker of the same tricks or of being wrong, but just reminding everyone why they shouldn't cling on to every word posted by anonymous entities over the net, especially not mine, else you'll only have yourself to blame should things turn against you.