SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No certainties. Just calculated risks. ;)

The trade has been a long time in the making and based on my macro views combined with the charts.

ifsilver.png

It was certainly an excellent entry point.

And where do you reckon the Dollar Index / Gold would be trading at with Silver at $100?

It was certainly an excellent entry point.

And where do you reckon the Dollar Index / Gold would be trading at with Silver at $100?

Gold? It's on the base-line now [1600] so in 2 years the base-line should be around 2300/ 2400 [20 odd % yearly appreciation]. From there it should go on a wild spike at some point. Assuming the spike is similiar to the recent one which saw gold go from 1500 to 1900, gold could predictably spike from say 2300 to 3000.

So silver spiking to 100 could see gold spike to 3000.... in 2 years or so.

Dollar index? Haven't the foggiest. Only doubt it will collapse. :rolleyes:

Silver's False Bullish Breaks Head Fake Technicians

Friday March 16, 2012 15:42

Interestingly, that temporary spike in silver was accompanied by at least three important bullish technical breakouts that subsequently turned out to be false signals:-

1. False Break of Declining Trendline

2. False Break of 200-day Moving Average

3. False Break of Double Bottom Neckline

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Lewis/20120316.html

Silver's False Bullish Breaks Head Fake Technicians

Friday March 16, 2012 15:42

Interestingly, that temporary spike in silver was accompanied by at least three important bullish technical breakouts that subsequently turned out to be false signals:-

1. False Break of Declining Trendline

2. False Break of 200-day Moving Average

3. False Break of Double Bottom Neckline

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Lewis/20120316.html

An article posted yesterday commenting on the previous month's action in silver. Hardly very bright or predictive these retro 'technicians'. :lol:

This posted last month, at the time of the wave up, predicting the consolidation we see now.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=9164&view=findpost&p=241085

Silver Channels Lower During 40% Downtrend

March 21, 2012 - 3:32AM

Silver has moved over 40% lower from its 2011 high. Prices falling off of channel resistance gives traders the opportunity to join the move.

A price channel has emerged with a fresh test of resistance at $37.48 on February 29th. We can see price being contained by support and resistance as it continues its trajectory lower. As price trades under the main trend line we will keep a bearish trend bias on silver and look for selling opportunities.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/daily-forex/silver-channels-lower-during-40-downtrend-20120321-1vifn.html

Silver Channels Lower During 40% Downtrend

March 21, 2012 - 3:32AM

Silver has moved over 40% lower from its 2011 high. Prices falling off of channel resistance gives traders the opportunity to join the move.

A price channel has emerged with a fresh test of resistance at $37.48 on February 29th. We can see price being contained by support and resistance as it continues its trajectory lower. As price trades under the main trend line we will keep a bearish trend bias on silver and look for selling opportunities.

http://www.smh.com.a...0321-1vifn.html

Giant bullflag?

Silver_Channels_Lower_During_40_Percent_Downtrend_body_Picture_2-420x0.png

bullish-flag.jpg

Hoard of Roman coins found near Roman Baths in Bath

The coins were found close to the Roman Baths

More than 30,000 Roman coins have been found by archaeologists working on the site of a new hotel in Bath.

The silver coins are believed to date from 270AD and are being described as the fifth largest hoard ever found.

They were discovered by archaeologists working 150 metres from the historic Roman Baths.

The coins are fused together and have been sent to the British Museum. Conservators are expected to take at least a year to work through them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-17480016

buyweekly.png

With AGQ close to a heavy buy order placed at 50, have bought it here with half the funds. Rest of funds still placed for 50.

final.png

Close enough to 50, so have bought with the last of my earmarked funds.

I've now pretty much exposed to precious metals with all my liquid worth, with this trade balanced against core gold. Will be keen to reduce a lot of that exposure on the next silver spike. Target of 600 odd in two years or so.

final.png

I've now pretty much exposed to precious metals with all my liquid worth, with this trade balanced against core gold. Will be keen to reduce a lot of that exposure on the next silver spike. Target of 600 odd in two years or so.

600 for AGQ? Given how the levered etfs work, you may lose significant value over any timeframe beyond short-term.

final.png

I'm really not sure about your target of 600, but I agree that we've recently had a good entry point. I bought on Friday at a price of $52.86. I decided to buy based on a belief that QE3 will push the price of silver/gold up (I also hold physical), and various SMA charts suggested a low was approaching. I got a nice move up after purchase on Friday and on Monday, while it fell back a bit today. I'm happy with the timing, and my target is only around 70. I'm not expecting to hold for long, but as always, things can change. I'm playing with money inside my "trading account" here, it's a relatively small amount and I'm happy to take on more risk than my other portfolios.

I'm really not sure about your target of 600, but I agree that we've recently had a good entry point. I bought on Friday at a price of $52.86. I decided to buy based on a belief that QE3 will push the price of silver/gold up (I also hold physical), and various SMA charts suggested a low was approaching. I got a nice move up after purchase on Friday and on Monday, while it fell back a bit today. I'm happy with the timing, and my target is only around 70. I'm not expecting to hold for long, but as always, things can change. I'm playing with money inside my "trading account" here, it's a relatively small amount and I'm happy to take on more risk than my other portfolios.

Yes, looks a good entry point.

This instrument looks like a good one to trade in the shorter period. Thought about it myself [over and above - or below - the medium term] but personally have neither the time nor inclination for the shorter term trading, or day/ week trading.

Still, may give it some thought.... and may shorter term trade a 1/3 of my medium term longs.Would then want to sell a bit on a silver spike and higher than the previous one. I guess that would be trading in the short/ medium term. It would also serve to hedge the heavy medium position.

US Mint Silver Eagle Sales Update

The US Mint today reported 320,000 silver eagles sold throughout the first 2 business days of April.

March sales totals came in at 2.542 million ounces, nearly double February's anemic sales of 1.49 million ounces, and nearly on pace with March of 2011's sales totals of 2.767 million eagles.

This week's smash seems to have brought back the value buyers, as the strong hands STACK THE SMACK and scoop up discounted phyzz in massive quantities thanks to The Bernank's discount.

http://silverdoctors.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/us-mint-silver-eagle-sales-update.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Read more at web site