SILVER

Why do you think so?

So it's trading at CA$14.41 currently.... Not a done deal or what? Opportunity to snap up a few more shares and then pick up an 8.2% ($1.19 per share) premium???

At C$15.60 a share, the offer represents a 36 percent premium to Minefinders’ closing price on Jan. 20.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stored for Decades, Hitler’s Silver Is to Go on Display

January 25, 2012, 6:59 pm

For 66 years, they lay unseen, first in a vault on the Upper West Side, more recently in a special cabinet. Now the New-York Historical Society plans to put them on public display alongside a silver cigar box, a silver ice cream dish and the silver controller handle that Mayor George B. McClellan Jr. used when he drove the first subway train, in 1904: A knife and fork with the initials A and H, for Adolf Hitler.

The historical society is including the Hitler flatware, part of a dinner service made in celebration of his 50th birthday in 1939, in an exhibition of 150 of the “most aesthetically and historically compelling pieces” in its collection, according to a description on the society’s Web site.

The society says it received the Hitler silverware in 1946 as a gift from Carl M. Loeb, the financier and philanthropist who underwrote the boathouse in Central Park.

Ms. Hofer said Loeb, who died in 1955, received it from an American soldier who apparently took it from Hitler’s vacation house in the Bavarian Alps as World War II was ending. The house had been bombed in April 1945.

The society says it has no information about the soldier’s identity or why he might have given Loeb, a German Jewish immigrant who had made a fortune in metals before turning to Wall Street, a knife and fork from Hitler. They were the only items Loeb gave the society, and Ms. Hofer said they had never been displayed because “we never had an appropriate context in which to do it.”

She said she felt the theme of the new exhibition and its more expansive sweep across time provided that context. “I myself am a descendant of German Jews who were chased out of Germany to New York by the Nazis,” Ms. Hofer said. “I find it a fascinating story.”

Ms. Hofer said the Hitler silverware was like a train wreck — one could not help but look.

“I think there’s a certain magnetism,” she said, “because you’re so repulsed by the thought of them being used by Hitler.”

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/stored-for-decades-hitlers-silver-will-go-on-display/

Some of you my be intrested in this.

Link http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1327978800.php

SilverSeek.com’s 2012 Virtual Silver Investment Conference, an online, one-day event showcasing silver industry experts and top tier silver companies will begin at 10am Eastern on Tuesday, January 31st.

More about it on there web site.

It says that it free

Attendance to this online conference is FREE via online registration. Pre-registration is now open!

Stored for Decades, Hitler’s Silver Is to Go on Display

January 25, 2012, 6:59 pm

For 66 years, they lay unseen, first in a vault on the Upper West Side, more recently in a special cabinet. Now the New-York Historical Society plans to put them on public display alongside a silver cigar box, a silver ice cream dish and the silver controller handle that Mayor George B. McClellan Jr. used when he drove the first subway train, in 1904: A knife and fork with the initials A and H, for Adolf Hitler.

The historical society is including the Hitler flatware, part of a dinner service made in celebration of his 50th birthday in 1939, in an exhibition of 150 of the “most aesthetically and historically compelling pieces” in its collection, according to a description on the society’s Web site.

The society says it received the Hitler silverware in 1946 as a gift from Carl M. Loeb, the financier and philanthropist who underwrote the boathouse in Central Park.

Ms. Hofer said Loeb, who died in 1955, received it from an American soldier who apparently took it from Hitler’s vacation house in the Bavarian Alps as World War II was ending. The house had been bombed in April 1945.

The society says it has no information about the soldier’s identity or why he might have given Loeb, a German Jewish immigrant who had made a fortune in metals before turning to Wall Street, a knife and fork from Hitler. They were the only items Loeb gave the society, and Ms. Hofer said they had never been displayed because “we never had an appropriate context in which to do it.”

She said she felt the theme of the new exhibition and its more expansive sweep across time provided that context. “I myself am a descendant of German Jews who were chased out of Germany to New York by the Nazis,” Ms. Hofer said. “I find it a fascinating story.”

Ms. Hofer said the Hitler silverware was like a train wreck — one could not help but look.

“I think there’s a certain magnetism,” she said, “because you’re so repulsed by the thought of them being used by Hitler.”

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/stored-for-decades-hitlers-silver-will-go-on-display/

If Hitler has been hiding out in Ecuador all this time and recently decided to sell his PMs, could this be a top?

For the TA/EWT crowd.

http://www.jsmineset.com/2012/02/02/new-ew-silver-discovery/

New EW Silver Discovery

By Alf Field

Thus the gain in wave 3 of Major THREE should be larger than +464%. It should be a gain of at least 500%. Starting from the $26.39 low, a gain of 500% would produce a target price of $158.34 for silver. That is the number which equates with the $4500 price forecast for gold and produces a silver to gold ratio of 28.4 ($4500 divided by 158.34).

clip_image003_thumb.jpg

I find the annotations on that chart confusing.

Does he mean that his Major One point is the end of Major One but where he has put Major Two is not the end but the start of Major Two, the end of Major Two was 49.52 and now the start of Major Three is 26.39?

If the Major Two was at the 49.52 point it would make more sense to me.

Yes, which is why it seems the Major Two isn't in the right place. He talks about "starting from the $26.39 low" which I assume is the start of Major Three.

This is the way I read what Alf Field is talking about. Basically we have had the major one wave, which is split into five minor waves, 3 up and two down. We then had the major two wave which is a corrective one. We have started on major wave three and have already had the first two of the minor waves within it.

What comes now is minor wave three of major wave three, which should be the biggest gain of the whole bull run and definitely not a time you want to be sat on the sideline. Alf explains how this wave should be around a 500% gain which will take us to around $158.

20120206-k4na3einqa125e6jsk7gh7cewa.jpg

This is the way I read what Alf Field is talking about. Basically we have had the major one wave, which is split into five minor waves, 3 up and two down. We then had the major two wave which is a corrective one. We have started on major wave three and have already had the first two of the minor waves within it.

What comes now is minor wave three of major wave three, which should be the biggest gain of the whole bull run and definitely not a time you want to be sat on the sideline. Alf explains how this wave should be around a 500% gain which will take us to around $158.

It seems counter intuitive to me having the majors at the top and bottom.

It makes more sense to me if it were annotated like this, which I think is what he is saying:

post-3471-0-98298900-1328539261_thumb.jpg

OK, that makes somehow sense. Although, hard to believe that he thinks the price of silver will quintuple from here without a major correction.

Call me Silverfinger.

silverinverseheadandsho.jpg

It looks to me as if an inverse head and shoulders is forming. I am expecting silver to correct about $3 here and bounce of the long term trend line (purple). I think that within a month or two the breakout will begin. There may be a possible re-test of the neckline after the initial breakout. I agree with GF that a long term rise to $158 within 12-18 months would be remarkable.

SilverCorrectionsinthePastDecade.png

This seems to suggest that we will have an unsuccessful run at the $48 high 9-18 months from that high, meaning roughly between now and Oct. 2012.

Moreover, we will have a breakout to new highs 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years following the $48 high, meaning roughly between Oct. 2012 and Oct. 2013.

IMO, the price action will closer to the shorter end of those time ranges due to the deep global recession and silver correction that occurred in 2008. In other words, the time frames will be more like 2004/5 and 2007/8.

Therte seem to be a lot of people buying old pre 1920 silver british coins on ebay, Are people buying them as a cheep way into silver?

Well nor so cheep to tell you all the truth.

Take a look. There are some job lots going for quite an amount. Are people buying them to scrap ?

pre 20 bundles will carry some numismatic premium dependent on the overall quality

I have found that there is virtually no premium on pre 47 bundles and they do track spot quite consistently (obviously with some discrepancy +/- during times of high volatility)

the thing about pre 47 is that there are a lot of kilo lots week in week out, one argument i have heard against by 50% coins is that there will be an additional cost necessary if the silver needed to be extracted; but frankly this makes no sense (yet) because the scarcity of silver would have to be extreme for this to be even considered.

pre 47 coins carry no numismatic premium (with a few rare examples of course), but this will not always be the case

Silver Price "Capped by China Stockpiles" - 17 February 2012

CHINA has built a huge stockpile of silver, says analysis published this week, and the Silver Price is unlikely to breach $35 per ounce until industrial demand cuts those reserves, forcing bullion imports to grow again.

"As long as China does not import silver, the price is unlikely to rally on a sustainable basis," believes Walter de Wet, strategist in London for South African bullion and investment bank Standard Bank.

On Standard Bank's analysis, Chinese warehouses currently hold enough silver to meet the country's industrial demand for 15 months. That surplus has risen sharply from 12 months' worth in 2011.

http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/silver_price_china_021720122

Silver Price "Capped by China Stockpiles" - 17 February 2012

Silver could rally on all kind of reasons. If gold becomes a more political issue because all value has been nuked out of paper money, silver might stay unpolitical and hence easier to deal in. Silver is sort of an insurance against politicos devoting too much of their attention to gold.