SILVER

'Out at 17.90' :lol:

(just pulling your leg)No doubt mine will be pulled, too.

Nice to see you back btw. Not missing your kimchee with becquerrels, then? I could send you some? :)

And mostly into gold, which has also performed well since then, and I half expect the price to be "stickier". A trade missed with silver/ gold, or silver/ dollar but there's always another. I'll continue to play the devils advocate [against myself] with the volatility in silver.... in order to hedge gold.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And mostly into gold, which has also performed well since then, and I half expect the price to be "stickier". A trade missed with silver/ gold, or silver/ dollar but there's always another. I'll continue to play the devils advocate [against myself] with the volatility in silver.... in order to hedge gold.

So you'll pass on the kimchee with becq sauce? Kim Yu Na.

I think it's wonderful the CME are putting on a show for us and raising silver margin requirements 3 times in 5 days (35% in total)... Bless their little cotton socks, they must be backed in to a corner... What other conclusion can you draw and if that is the case, then silver is going much higher from here and soon IMO.

ComexSilver.JPG

Hang on a sec. Isn't Eric Sprott, an uber silver bug/bull in the media? And if the above is true, wouldn't that leave him open to charges of "ramping" in order to profit form it? :huh:

He realises his fund is wildly overpriced.

He is smart enough to see that he can sell down, and use the proceeds to buy Gold and Silver. That allows him to cash a real profit and still stay long "precious" if he wants to.

Banksters Covered 26 Million Silver Oz Short Position

The CFTC released it’s commitment of traders report for the last Monday’s Silver Smack Down. And it shows the big guys used the raid to cover -5,209 short contracts (each contract is 5,000 oz. of silver) which is a little more than 26 million ounces of short silver. I wonder how much they covered with a much larger raid last night? This is a huge development. As soon as these guys either cover their shorts or they fail to deliver the physical metal it will be game over. (Remember we have less than 38 million ounces in the registered inventory of the CRIMEX. World wide silver production is 735 million ounces and the banks are still short 258 million ounces or 51,644 contracts. They have a long way to go.)

The big question is, if we are in a blow off, parabolic, unsustainable top, why are the banksters covering their shorts?

http://dont-tread-on.me/banksters-covered-26-million-oz-short-position-last-monday/

I am pondering here too. But if you want really cheap, look at uranium mines.

Looking at Uranium, Gold and Silver miners at these prices. Already have some but would like to add more.

Looking at Hecla seems cheap its had environmental problems that should be well priced in by now.

Try to get real silver at 'spot' ... joke.

The two bears are here with part 6 on just this point. Pity about the foul language & bowel movement references though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LcKcXpCDE&feature=player_embedded

Interesting at Coininvest:

Silver 1Kg bar: $1745 ( $54.4 / Oz )

Silver Eagles : $55.54 / Oz

Try to get real silver at 'spot' ... joke.

Yes, I noticed this as well. Physical silver is still in short supply and at high prices.

2008 reloaded (nowhere near spot for retail bullion...)?

The ratio almost at 37 now. At 60:1 I would convert back to Silverfinger. ;)

If gold gets up to $1600, and the ratio goes back to 50:1 (as per January) silver would be down to $32. Now there would be a buying op! If Ben Davies is right....

I think silver might have its moment now, like gold back when it first broke $1,000. Silver back to $25 is a possibility, before shooting back through $50 and beyond to da moon.

If silver goes to $25 with the ratio to 60:1, or generally just the latter, I will truly turn into Silverfinger again. This PMs bull market will see the ratio at below 20:1. To the doubting folks, silver has just shown what it is capable of, at $50 and 30:1. This is a precursor only.

As Pixel has pointed out, this correction is a good time to get some silver mining shares for cheaper. This is what I will focus on for the time being, as well as some uranium miners. Then, when the ratio goes back high enough, I will swap gold bullion back for silver again, to get the next ride up. I will not overtrade this though.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/5/3_Eric_Sprott_-_Sprott_Has_More_Physical_Silver_Now_Than_Ever!.html

With silver recently plummeting from $50 to the $40 area, today King World News interviewed Eric Sprott, Founder of Sprott Asset Management to clear up some misperceptions about Sprott’s sales of PSLV. There is a great deal of misinformation out there regarding what Sprott was actually doing when SAM sold some PSLV. When asked about what has transpired Sprott remarked, “Well Eric in response to your question, any proceeds that we’ve received from selling PSLV have immediately gone back into silver or other silver equities. And I can tell you we have the highest position in physical ownership that we’ve ever had, and we have not lost one ounce of our encouragement for the outlook for the silver price.”

Our position in silver today in physical ounces is higher than it’s ever been.

lifted from the coininvest homepage..........

Osama bin Laden and Comex - a nice couple

2011-05-03 15:03

Osama bin Laden and Comex - a nice couple

Nearly 10 years after the attack on the WTC, Osama bin Laden was killed by US forces in the night of 2nd of May 2011.

“Justice has been done” were the words, President Obama used, after the kill of the public enemy number one.

The market reacted immediately: the US stocks began to rise as well as the Dollar. Asian and European stock markets achieved a two-month high but the commodity market dropped down.

But Osama bin Laden’s death was not solely responsible for yesterday’s price drop.

Another fact influenced silver which had dropped about 10% in one day:

Comex raised the silver margins for a second time in one week.

Now you have to deposit a minimum amount of 16.200$ cash when trading silver futures – per contract.

It is expected that traders will get used to this security deposit soon. Analysts don’t seem to see any reasons why silver should not rise again soon.

Just to have it on here too.

I have owned IPT in the past, but don't want to add more silver miners currently. Hard enough keeping track of the ones I have and have been also adding some gold ones recently.

I am starting to think that GPR's mine has it's limitations which Is why I have sold half recently. I also wanted to diversify into a few long-term plays (SLV & ECU).

Here is a chart which I found interesting, ECU is now at around $0.47 per ounce inferred!

20110425-nh6xwqdu9r6swjbsffuqnsqtg8.jpg

ECU - how about feasibility? Can they mine that stuff economically?

They are already mining on a small scale to fund their drilling of the property. The location of the property is very well situated right next to a dual lane highway and grid power, they are also surrounded by other mines by big players like Goldcorp & Pan Amercian.

They are concentrating on the drilling, proving up the deposit I think they will leave the move into major production to a large player via some sort of joint venture. If they can carry on growing the measured & indicated they will become very attractive to the large miners local to them IMO. The issue is is wether they can do this without much more dilution, they now appear to be using small scale mining to fund the extensive drilling.

Here's a link to a presentation from March which has a lot of info about the location and potential size of deposit - http://ecu.ca/images/stories/ECU%20March%20Presentation-Mar.2011.pdf

I have started a thread which has a bit more info and some links on 24k - http://www.24knews.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=533