SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle for silver is not the old Hunt Brothers high of $50. The real battle for Silver is to decisively break above the price of JP Morgan’s stock price. JPM has used its own stock to collateralize naked shorts against Silver so if the price breaks above JPM’s stock price, it’s an Enron type collapse for JPM’s stock (and US dollar). I’ve said this for more than a year now – so the current struggle to break free of the JPM stock price was anticipated. This level will fall and then the $50 level will be taken out quite quickly as we march toward $500 and the collapse of the US dollar.

- Max Keiser http://maxkeiser.com/

Yup, I think it might even end up in the green. I am happy either way :) (enough cash to benefit if it slides, enough silver to benefit if it goes up.)

I start to think that silver breaking $50 could lead to a real short squeeze. I mean the kind of $100/oz up in a week's time.

Spot Silver Drops 12% In 11 Minutes As Bulls Routed.

SYDNEY—Spot silver suffered one of its most severe drops on record early Monday, as bulls who have driven the metal up to 31-year records failed to carry it above $48 a troy ounce and were routed in a headlong collapse.

The metal fell 12% in just 11 minutes when the fall was at its most severe. Spot silver saw its informal open at $47.863/oz before rising to a peak of $48.150/oz; it then sold off sharply to a base of $42.210 before stabilizing.

Jonathan Barratt, director of Commodity Broking Services in Sydney, said the sell-off repudiated bulls who were suspected of driving the price up to sell their own positions at a profit.

"You've had the technical move now and people will start to backfill that with fundamentals," he said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704569404576297840351753636.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

Just put buy order in with Goldmoney and will continue to if the price of silver drops - have plenty of dry powder and was waiting for something like this.. hoping a drop below 40 without any fundamental reason to continue to top up.

from Zerohedge

Sprott Sells $35 Million Worth Of PSLV Across Different Funds In Week Between April 18 And April 25

In addition to all the already highlighted factors (margin hikes, Cramer buy recommendations, Chinese slowdown concerns, etc.) another possible reason why silver holders (at least of the recent variety, those who have been long since ~$10 could not care less) recently have had a difficult time with estabilishing positions in a suddenly very volatile silver market, is that according to a recently released 13-D by Sprott Asset Management, the head of the world's first silver physical ETF has taken profits on over 1.6 million shares of PSLV, across various funds, for total proceeds of just over $35 million, including up to $6.4 million for personal gain by Sprott.

Back to the old ugly days.

I recommend selling silver at every high. It is heading to the 200DMA (28$).

Could well do. Mid 20s, perhaps lower, could possibly be a good buying/ trading opportunity. Given the recent explosive move upwards, this has to be considered possible.

Could well do. Mid 20s, perhaps lower, could possibly be a good buying/ trading opportunity. Given the recent explosive move upwards, this has to be considered possible.

'Out at 17.90' :lol:

(just pulling your leg)No doubt mine will be pulled, too.

Nice to see you back btw. Not missing your kimchee with becquerrels, then? I could send you some? :)