SILVER

Know what you mean.

Caught the dip at sub $9 ($8.81) when purchased Ag at $18 (halved in dollar terms)

Ag quadrupled since then and $18 purchase doubled.

It's almost magical, isn't it? Wealth is disappearing from savings, pensions, stocks, housing and the like and reappearing in your silver coins. They may still look and weigh the same but, without moving or changing form, they have somehow been imbued with a bunch of extra purchasing power.

But the best is yet to come. All the crazy money printing means inflation will be rampant for years. And even small percentage increases are beginning to look good as a percentage of your original investment. A one dollar increase is ten percent!

What's more some states are sensibly beginning to reintroduce sound money. Giordano Bruno wrote about that here

'Thirteen states currently have proposed measures which would reinstitute the long suppressed need for a precious metals standard. Utah is the furthest ahead in this battle, its House just recently passing a bill which would make gold and silver officially recognized as legal tender within its borders. All that remains is a signature from Utah's governor'

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/03.11/return.html

So sit back and enjoy. This bull market still has a fair bit of gas in the tank.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say; the massive turnaround in silver on thursday was due to CME margin hike in silver...

DATE: Thursday, March 24, 2011

NOTICE # : 11-103

SUBJECT: Performance Bond Requirements - Electricity, Agriculture, Environmental, Metals, NGLs, and Refined Product Outrights - Effective Friday, March 25, 2011

FOR THE FULL TEXT OF THIS ADVISORY :

http://www.cmegroup.com/tools-information/lookups/advisories/clearing/files/Chadv11-103.pdf

Performance Bond Requirements - Electricity, Agriculture, Environmental, Metals, NGLs, and Refined Product Outrights:

As per the normal review of market volatility to ensure adequate collateral coverage, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc., Clearing House Risk Management staff approved the performance bond requirements for the following products listed below.

The rates will be effective after the close of business on Friday, March 25, 2011.

comexsilv-1.jpg

Comex silver stocks... down to 41.6 MOz registered.

cs2.jpg

http://seekingalpha.com/article/259549-will-jpmorgan-now-make-and-take-delivery-of-its-own-silver-shorts

Will JPMorgan Now Make and Take 'Delivery' of Its Own Silver Shorts?

There is nothing inherently wrong and certainly nothing "illegal" about J.P. Morgan Chase (JPM) gaining a vault license for storing and taking delivery of gold/silver/platinum/palladium from the futures markets known as NYMEX/COMEX. However, the speed, timing and manner in which the exchanges just granted it troubles us.

Until now, JP Morgan did not have a NYMEX/COMEX vault license. They had to send silver, for example, to HSBC, Brinks, Scotia Mocatta and/or the Delaware Depository in order to "deliver" it on COMEX. Those vaults have been NYMEX/COMEX licensed for a very long time. But now J.P. Morgan has its own vault license, and the manner in which it seems to have obtained it, is troubling. The bank can now, potentially, deliver short obligations to itself. Yes, you read that correctly. The bank itself, if it still holds short silver positions, and/or the hedge funds/related financial institutions who may have taken over the positions, can now deliver the alleged metal to J.P. Morgan's own vault.

Jeeese..........

So JPM whom are being investigated by the CFTC for dodgy practises, now get rushed through CFTC approval for a vault license for storing and taking delivery in the same market that they are currently being investigated in. :blink:

This is starting to look like really desperate measures are required to keep the lid on their game.

Jeeese..........

So JPM whom are being investigated by the CFTC for dodgy practises, now get rushed through CFTC approval for a vault license for storing and taking delivery in the same market that they are currently being investigated in. :blink:

This is starting to look like really desperate measures are required to keep the lid on their game.

It sounds like a case of back us or we'll take the whole system down

as Max would say - "financial terrorists"

the elite will not relinquish their power without a fight

well I wont relinquish my freedom without a fight either

its time we malkied these basturts

Jeeese..........

It's purely an artistic thing.

Blythe felt her renowned creativity was being stifled by an office environment.

I have overdosed on Zerohedge, Blythe, delivery shenanigans, The Morgue et al - just felt in my water that a two and a half bagger was not to be sniffed at on silver. Total gold ounces increased thanks to selling 1/3 silver. Have to keep one eye on present possibilities and one on the endgame.

I have overdosed on Zerohedge, Blythe, delivery shenanigans, The Morgue et al - just felt in my water that a two and a half bagger was not to be sniffed at on silver. Total gold ounces increased thanks to selling 1/3 silver. Have to keep one eye on present possibilities and one on the endgame.

Someone losing their faith in silver? ;)

I might consider selling 1/3, but I really need to see 35:1 for that.

Someone losing their faith in silver? ;)

I might consider selling 1/3, but I really need to see 35:1 for that.

We are not far off - 38.5:1 now. Only needs a few more dollars on silver to reach 35:1. Not losing faith so much as hedging my bets - RH style except I hedge my silver with gold not dollars :lol:

Jeeese..........

I believe everyone have missed the trick that JPM are playing with the vault. It is not to delivery their own shorts it is for taking gold as collateral on investments from customers and then using their physical gold to then hedge and thus be able to `deal in paper 100x the underlying physical'. They recently announced that gold was good and acceptable as collateral.

I believe everyone have missed the trick that JPM are playing with the vault. It is not to delivery their own shorts it is for taking gold as collateral on investments from customers and then using their physical gold to then hedge and thus be able to `deal in paper 100x the underlying physical'. They recently announced that gold was good and acceptable as collateral.

OMG !! :unsure:

Is that possible ??

I think it is so that those that insist on delivery rather than take the premium over spot will be offered favourable storage rates.....for their non-existent silver.

It is a shell game.

Nick

We are not far off - 38.5:1 now. Only needs a few more dollars on silver to reach 35:1. Not losing faith so much as hedging my bets - RH style except I hedge my silver with gold not dollars :lol:

Maybe 35:1 will look ridiculously high (as g:s ratio) when silver is done here. Who knows. Anyway, I am prepared to swap, and I will do so when I feel the time is right. I am not entirely orthodox on the ratio, but 35:1 will possibly trigger a small swap.

Regarding Fukushima and tsunamis, I will use these swaps to further geographically diversify. Just to mention one example, with GoldMoney one can store gold and silver in Zurich, London, and Hong Kong. My investments so far are more Europe centered, so I'll possibly buy gold in Hong Kong soon. (Just to hedge that dirty bomb terrorists might set off in London or Zurich...)

I think it is so that those that insist on delivery rather than take the premium over spot will be offered favourable storage rates.....for their non-existent silver.

It is a shell game.

One has to love it.

But, you would think, someone who takes delivery from the Morgue for certain reasons will certainly not accept storage with/at the Morgue!? :o

Maybe 35:1 will look ridiculously high (as g:s ratio) when silver is done here. Who knows. Anyway, I am prepared to swap, and I will do so when I feel the time is right. I am not entirely orthodox on the ratio, but 35:1 will possibly trigger a small swap.

Regarding Fukushima and tsunamis, I will use these swaps to further geographically diversify. Just to mention one example, with GoldMoney one can store gold and silver in Zurich, London, and Hong Kong. My investments so far are more Europe centered, so I'll possibly buy gold in Hong Kong soon. (Just to hedge that dirty bomb terrorists might set off in London or Zurich...)

I recently did a swap at 39:1, but only to use my CGT allowance for the year. For UK holders of both gold and silver with goldmoney doing a swap is a good method of using your CGT allowance and still remaIning invested.

I know some of you are invested in Silver Wheaton, which, to my great displeasure, I haven't come around yet to do. Now, silver is NOT finished here, I see $100 minimum. I.e., Silver Wheaton also has a long ways to go, even if we see a lot of volatility on the way ahead.

What's the breakdown of the important facts? Here is what I think I remember:

(1) For every share, 5 ounces silver in the ground ("silver streaming").

(2) Cost per ounce silver streaming: $4.

(3) Cost per share: $43.36 (at time of posting)

(4) Potential profit per share as is (with silver at $37.65/oz): 5*($37.65-$4) - $43.36 = $124.89

(5) Potential profit per share as is (with silver at $100.00/oz): 5*($100-$4) - $43.36 = $436.64

(6) Growth story not even taken into account yet.

Do I get the basic simplified facts right here, or am I missing something crucial? Cheers!

Take a trip down memory lane guys, I have fond recollections of these prices. Only 5 products available in those days, (sigh) to know then what we know now, heh.

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20071017055457/http://coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=10&id=160&currate=pound_rate

You may find it interesting to know that Swissmint have raised the prices of their half ounce silver coins from 20 francs to 55 francs:

http://www.swissmint.ch/php/mhsCms/index.php?lang=en&action=showArticleItemDetail&ART_ID=30

These were fantastic coins: you could buy 0.52 oz (20g/32g *.835) of silver per coin for 20 francs . Each coin had (and still has) a face value of 20 francs, so you could never lose money (ignoring CHF currency risks) in CHF terms.

Of course, when silver goes to the moon, their value would be the same as junk silver, i.e. 0.52 oz * XAG price. Effectively, it was a very, very cheap call option with no expiry.

I've been buying them for a couple of years now but as silver has taken off, I was going to back up the truck and make a fortune.

Just logged on to see that they've been re-priced. Of course now that they're 55 chf, it doesn't work any more.

Agggh

This chart shows the trends of people searching for "gold bullion" or "silver bullion" on Google in the US. It's not so surprising that "silver bullion" is now ahead of gold in search activity given the recent large move up.

Screenshot2011-04-02at110733.png

The news reference volume for silver hasn't increased in the same way, but there does seem to be a developing trend of convergence in press attention between the two, with "silver bullion" moving up towards "gold bullion". If silver continues to increase then I think the trend convergence in news volume will continue, providing fuel for higher prices.

What I think we are seeing here is a marked change in perception. Over time silver is moving much closer to gold in terms of being perceived as money.