SILVER

Hi Pixel,

I got into GPR a bit later (my average was $2.30). I watched in for a long time so glad I finally took the plunge. The AMEX listing has definitely helped but GPR is a real cash cow right now with cash costs of $7/oz (forecast to fall to $5) and 50% production growth forecast for 2012. I met the CEO (Robert Archer) at the London Silver Summit last November and was very impressed. Am intending to hold for a few years yet as I think this has much further to go over the next 3-5 years.

Jim

Thanks for the report Jimbo, I agree and will be holding for at least a couple more years yet. I will be selling my silver miners when I think the silver price has topped, which I don't see for a long while yet.

Have you noticed how companies are changing their names to include a metal in it? I just hope it has the same effect on Tyhee Gold.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the report Jimbo, I agree and will be holding for at least a couple more years yet. I will be selling my silver miners when I think the silver price has topped, which I don't see for a long while yet.

Have you noticed how companies are changing their names to include a metal in it? I just hope it has the same effect on Tyhee Gold.

It's a good strategy imo - i just wish Centamin Egypt didn't have Egypt in their name :)

Imo silver stocks are still massively under owned and it's such a small market. What price silver producers/explorers if silver goes to $100+ like Eric Sprott and David Morgan are predicting?

Does anyone know the All-time high silver price in sterling?

I have worked out $49.45 in March 1980 @ £1=$2.32 = £21.26.

I had to guess the exchange rate, but I think we've beaten that now.

http://gold.approximity.com/since1968/Silver_GBP.html

Silver_GBP.png

http://gold.approximity.com/since1968/Silv...BP_RPI-adj.html

Silver_GBP_RPI-adj.png

I think it was around $2.40/£1, so £20.60/t.oz.

Does anyone know the All-time high silver price in sterling?

I have worked out $49.45 in March 1980 @ £1=$2.32 = £21.26.

I had to guess the exchange rate, but I think we've beaten that now.

Hey Pixel, great call back then!

Now, silver has obviously already left the chart, but what's next?

I made the mistake with that chart of not looking on a log scale. Here are two more recent ones, both log.

20110219-fkma113dcycp9ecb1jyag1eiea.png

and closer in and more recent;

20110228-fps4823aai466rfpyxkee5qns1.png

Do you forsee any reasons for pullbacks outside these lines?

P.S Anyone wanting coins from the Island shops might need to be quick, G.O is reported to be closing £18 loophole.

Hard to tell, my $40 forecast for the end of Feb failed because of underestimating the capabilities of JPM & HSBC.

All I know is that even when they whack things down to do some covering it seems to come back at a steeper angle. In the end the manipulation will be bought down by the physical availability, they can only print paper for so long eventually buyers wise up and ask for delivery of the physical that doesn't exist.

BTW $40 now looks like it will happen in March to me, but that probably my problem in that I am always too bullish. :lol:

BTW $40 now looks like it will happen in March to me, but that probably my problem in that I am always too bullish. :lol:

No problem. Wasn't holding you to either forecast, just looking for cheap sales prices.

No problem. Wasn't holding you to either forecast, just looking for cheap sales prices.

I think you are sat in a crowded waiting room wanting cheaper silver along with a lot of bankers looking to cover.

I think you are sat in a crowded waiting room wanting cheaper silver along with a lot of bankers looking to cover.

Pix I always want cheaper Silver when I buy. Might not be the smartest in the room but I was a buyer yesterday, last month, last year etc. (EDIT: should add quantity depends on how bullish I feel on price trend) Just like to question charting viewpoints and the logic behind them, maybe it's confirmation bias in this respect. If you don't ask though, you don't learn (see my sig)

b.t.w I've never sold any yet, even if I did consider when to offload more to Gold :)

Wynter_Benton update on their recent raid

With permission, I can update the results of our raid. It was successful beyond imagination but that "success" has spawned even more questions about the price of paper silver going forward. It was reported by SGS that he heard that on Friday Blythe was offering 30-50 percent premium and that at least 4500 hundred contracts will stand for delivery. I am here to give you a more accurate update (and a first hand account of what happened on Friday Feb 25). Our group was detemined to stand for delivery going into Monday because we were not going to take a 30 percent premium on a price of $33.50. It was reported that Blythe offered 50 percent premium. That was not even close in our case. We got over 80 percent premium. That's right. Over $50 per contract on the condition that our group sell all our contracts. Our counterparty even threatened us with the ghost of Herstatt. They openly admitted that they could not deliver even 20 million ounces to us but that if we stood for delivery they would be sure that they make delivery to everyone else before they defaulted on us which would make us 'unsecured creditors'. They told us directly that they could not allow even 5000 contracts to stand for delivery because they could not deliver a mere 20 million ounces. Like Vito Corleone said, "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." And indeed we did not refuse as this was our intention all along.

These sets of facts from our traders lead us to believe that the paper price of silver may have a difficult time surpassing $36 because if the counterparty at the Comex is so willing to pay north of $50 to dissuade people from standing for delivery yet the paper price of silver is still under $35, then we suspect that losses triggered by derivatives is the main reason for the price suppression of silver. We can see no reason why they would not allow the paper price to go up yet are so glad to pay off the comex contracts to show the world that so few are standing for delivery. In our mind, Comex could default with if as little as 4,000 contracts stood for delivery. We are very curious to see how high the paper price of silver actually trades during this run.

http://screwtapefiles.blogspot.com/2011/03...eir-recent.html