SILVER

Never noticed that before. I only have a few ASEs, but mine are like that.

New silver coins have a lovely white quality to them. It's easy to see if you look at the reeded edge. They also ring like a bell if you jangle them together.

All US coins are like that!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought my first Silver coin, it's a 1oz Silver Eagle and looks absolutely beautiful.

I do have a question though the picture on the front is of an eagle and the picture on the back is of a lady.

What seems unusual is that they are upside down with respect to each other, the eagles had is opposite the lady's feet and the lady's head is opposite the eagles tail.

Is this normal?

When I bought my first buffalo I asked the same question on this forum. Every US coin I have is the same as yours: upside down, so to speak. Enjoy, and marvel at what a silver dollar can buy you.

It isn't a big deal if it does, but personally I don't think it'll happen. Silver was taken down by proxy of the 25% CME margin requirements, as this caused the SHK Asset Management hedge fund to liquidate $850,000,000.00 (10% of the US futures market!) of their gold positions, as they were already 70% underwater... The liquidation caused the number of contracts to plunge 81,000 contracts which is the single largest move ever. Daily transactions typically range between 3-5K contracts. These are not normal market conditions and so can largely be ignored IMO.

I agree with you, it's a great opportunity to buy more. Thanks SHK AM! :)

Larry E is pretty good IMO. He has been and is a long term gold/silver bull. I also can't see the big deal on gold and silver falling to 1250/21-24. I also see your point of view as last chance to buy. So I see this not as a chance to sell out but rather as a chance to accumulate more with regular buys. I woul love a drop down in both metals. The run on solver recently to 30 has been breathless and whilst enjoying the ride one must be wary of falls to 23- which is still bullish. I have just received some more 'junk' mercury dimes and walking liberty half dollars- the very availability of which at this point in time, I consider bearish. Usually one can't get theses two 'collectible' junk coins so someone is selling big.(and I am scooping them up while they are there). I asked my dealer for more yesterday and he has sold out of both coins now. So there are plenty of buyers whatever ghe price. People want to get that ball in the back of the net( because they sure ain't minting those two coins any more.

If Larry is right I'll be loading up on modern bullion coins before the Chinese get every last oz.

Btw didn't David Morgan recently suggest silver would fall to23/24 or there abouts? But he also said physical bullion is the only asset outside of the matrix. So 28 or 22, it's not so different when you consider the scheme of things. Ditto gold. I'd rather have this quandary than silver at 40 and gold at 1650. make hay while the sun shines, gather ye rose buds etc etc.

Excuse errors, I'm on iPod with flip function broken whichakes typing

a

chore. Anyone know what is wrong with my iPod?

Finally we received a flyer in our newspaper here today offering to buy old mobiles for4500 yen a piece. The recyling

companies are coming to the fore?

Silver at 20 gbp per ounce qill be a milestone. The pound stirling was originally a pound of silver. In those days a penny was a silver coin 1/240 of an pound in weight. At twenty gbp per ounce a modern pound is worth an old penny.

it would be fascinating to work out whether copper had kept its value compared to silver (in relation to the pound system) with regard to the milled coinage period leading up to 1920.

afaics, the first milled copper halfpenny dates from 1672 (lets leave tin out for now!!)

Gold / Silver Price Ratio Near Multi-Decade Lows

February 10, 2011

The gold-to-silver price ratio, defined as the price of an ounce of gold divided by the price of an ounce of silver, closed Wednesday at 45.16 This means an ounce of gold is just over forty five times more expensive than an ounce of silver.

As my chart below shows, twenty years ago in 1991, gold was over 100 times more expensive than silver. Since then, the gold-to-silver price ratio never went below 41.51.

The chart also shows that it is very rare for gold to be less than 50 times more expensive than silver, as indicated by the small percentage of time the ratio is below the dashed black line.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/251918-gol...lti-decade-lows

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN...rinflation.html

King World News has received word from James Turk that silver is in extreme backwardation. Turk stated, “There is a huge story that is brewing. Silver is in backwardation to 2015, which is 13-cents cheaper than spot. This is unbelievable. Money does not go into backwardation except ‘in extremis’!”

Look for a short squeeze in silver already underway as evidenced by the backwardation to intensify as we move toward silver option expiry at the end of this month, and silver delivery on March futures contracts in early March.