SILVER

I wonder if he is starting to doubt himself after the CRB has set new highs. He mentioned in the Puplava interview earlier in the year that it would be one of the things that told him he was wrong.

I listened to that interview again over xmas and i think that JP played a blinder there. Its almost as if he boxed Prechter into a corner by asking specific questions such as those....and Prechter shouldnt really have committed by giving such a definitive answer.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to that interview again over xmas and i think that JP played a blinder there. Its almost as if he boxed Prechter into a corner by asking specific questions such as those....and Prechter shouldnt really have committed by giving such a definitive answer.

He is always asking this question (what would have to happen so you change your mind), and I actually think it is a very good question. People on here always lament about "gold bugs" having no exit strategy etc. I think JP has one. I have one too. Prechter should have one too. In fact, he should have exited his strategy a long time ago.

He is always asking this question (what would have to happen so you change your mind), and I actually think it is a very good question. People on here always lament about "gold bugs" having no exit strategy etc. I think JP has one. I have one too. Prechter should have one too. In fact, he should have exited his strategy a long time ago.

RP should have had a entry strategy, which should have kicked in before $1400, as he has been calling for pullbacks the entire ten year bull run and getting it wrong.

I am open minded enough to consider both sides to the inflation/deflation debate and I enjoy Prechters views, but when i listen to him, the logic for deflation just does not stack up to my reasoning.

Hes a very articulate speaker without a doubt, but i get the feeling that he could mould any financial scenario into his deflationary view. For me, I just dont feel i can take his opinions seriously.

I have the utmost respect for someone who can hold their hands up and say they are wrong, and i agree Prechter should have done this some time ago

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/worlds-ri...ing-silver-fray

A source in mergers and acquisitions out of Europe has alerted King World News that Carlos Slim may be looking to enter the silver market in a big way. Gold and silver are in big bull markets and this is attracting the attention of some of the smartest money around the globe. James Turk commented, “If this deal does happen Eric, this is going to make the silver shorts choke.” Fresnillo has a current market cap of roughly $19 billion.

Why do I feel increasingly sceptical each time I read a JT comment?

Dan Norcini. Sounds to me as if we could see the G/S ratio go further down over the next few weeks.

Every year around this time some of the big commodity indices that are used as benchmarks by various fund managers are reweighted with the percentage of the commodities making up the basket tracked by each particular index varying depending on the methodology employed by the owners of the index.

Two of the larger commodity indexes are the Goldman Sachs Commodity Index (now called the S&P GSCI) and the Dow Jones – AIG Commodity Index).

My preliminary read of the GSCI index shows a heavier weighting in both silver and copper over the weighting given to each last year (2010) and a bit of a lighter weighting given to gold than last year.

Copper and silver are both being increased 2.7% over last year while gold is being reduced 2.5% compared to last year. Disclaimer – I hate reading through these reports issued about the various indices as my head goes numb from looking at the all the calculations so these numbers should not be taken as gospel until I can confirm the exact change. For now – this is my preliminary read.

Generally what this translates to in terms of the average market watcher is that the commodity style funds that commit investment funds into the commodity complex, must match the percentage of their holdings to these various indices. Depending on which index they choose to benchmark against and what changes may or may not be made for the new calendar year, such changes may result in an increase in buying for some commodities and an increase in selling for others. The reason is that the fund managers must rebalance their holdings to bring them into line with the new weightings in the index.

Dan Norcini. Sounds to me as if we could see the G/S ratio go further down over the next few weeks.

Was looking for option quotes on the Gold/Silver cross but no one seems to quote.

Silver options on the futures dont look that rich to me. Dec 2011 $50 Calls trading at 65cents...

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/worlds-ri...ing-silver-fray

A source in mergers and acquisitions out of Europe has alerted King World News that Carlos Slim may be looking to enter the silver market in a big way. Gold and silver are in big bull markets and this is attracting the attention of some of the smartest money around the globe. James Turk commented, “If this deal does happen Eric, this is going to make the silver shorts choke.” Fresnillo has a current market cap of roughly $19 billion.

Why do I feel increasingly sceptical each time I read a JT comment?

Probably because there have been so many predictions that did not quite come to pass. My decision to buy PMs was based on a cold hard look at the completely unsustainable economic model of the UK and its inevitable collapse - not on PM buggery of any sort.

Gold, silver fall to record lows on global cues, poor demand

5 Jan, 2011, 03.34PM IST,PTI

NEW DELHI: Silver witnessed the steepest fall in more than 26-month and gold fell to a 10-week low in the bullion market on panic selling by stockists, triggered by a sharp fall in bullion prices in global markets.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/market...how/7222700.cms

It would have been better reporting had they mentioned all of the other commodities that fell in price as well... Any old excuse to have a go at gold and silver... :rolleyes:

Gold, silver fall to record lows on global cues, poor demand

5 Jan, 2011, 03.34PM IST,PTI

NEW DELHI: Silver witnessed the steepest fall in more than 26-month and gold fell to a 10-week low in the bullion market on panic selling by stockists, triggered by a sharp fall in bullion prices in global markets.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/market...how/7222700.cms

It would have been better reporting had they mentioned all of the other commodities that fell in price as well... Any old excuse to have a go at gold and silver... :rolleyes:

Shocking (or sweet) to read that $1,370/oz is now considered a record low for gold.

A few more such record lows ($1,650, ...), and a few people on here will be able to retire early. :lol:

Commodities fall off a cliff

The commodities move has cooled away, along with prices for gold and silver, oil and agricultural raw materials falling Friday following a record-breaking run earlier this week.

Traders are worried that the Chinese government could increase interest rates, as a way to slow down staggering inflation. Since, the China is really a main consumer of raw materials that can lead to less interest in commodities across the board.Gold and silver plunged consequently. Arriving off almost every day record levels, precious metal dropped $37.80, or 2.7%, to settle at $1,365.50 an ounce on Friday. Metallic, which in fact had been striking 30-year levels, dived 5.3% in order to $25.94 an ounce. As well as copper, which was additionally rallying in order to multi-month highs, fell 2.8% in order to $3.91 a good ounce.

http://www.businesstoday-eg.com/markets/as...ff-a-cliff.html

The commodities move has cooled away, along with prices for gold and silver, oil and agricultural raw materials falling Friday following a record-breaking run earlier this week.

Traders are worried that the Chinese government could increase interest rates, as a way to slow down staggering inflation. Since, the China is really a main consumer of raw materials that can lead to less interest in commodities across the board.Gold and silver plunged consequently. Arriving off almost every day record levels, precious metal dropped $37.80, or 2.7%, to settle at $1,365.50 an ounce on Friday. Metallic, which in fact had been striking 30-year levels, dived 5.3% in order to $25.94 an ounce. As well as copper, which was additionally rallying in order to multi-month highs, fell 2.8% in order to $3.91 a good ounce.

I love the language the mainstream media uses when describing a bit of healthy consolidation in a ten year bull market. I wonder if the same press will talk about how the prices soared over the coming weeks.

On the other hand...

BULLIONVAULT OUT OF SILVER

Prices & liquidity warning - Silver

Our inbound silver deliveries have been delayed.

On BullionVault.com we only sell bullion which is physically under our control, so we find ourselves currently unable to offer silver on our own market. Naturally the market remains open for all our customers to quote their own prices, but as we ourselves currently have no silver to offer, there is a tendency to higher prices for both buyers and sellers. Buyers are advised to be appropriately cautious when confirming their order's limit price.

We are advised silver will be delivered on Tuesday 11th Jan 2011.

IMAGINE IF THAT DELIVERY DOESN'T ARRIVE?

Love Nick

coininvest have apparently got IT problems

when it comes to selling silver coin to certain countries

I've had to order via Germany through a friend

the UK is fine but I just checked and the UK is the only

country that charges 20% vat against 6% for everyone else

thats £2.63 extra for every 1oz Phili !!

the tax on swapping currency for money is more than 3x everyone else in the eec !!!

Don't want to detract from the post by Nick bu this is very interesting that BV have a delayed delivery of silver; this will be coming from COMEX deliveries, I assume.

You would think seeing as they are a UK company they would be buying via the LBMA as GoldMoney does.