SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm floored!!!!!!

Sprott:

How high will gold go?

I think gold is the reserve currency today. There is not a currency in the world that it hasn’t appreciated against by at least 300 per cent. And it has beaten every stock market. You can’t even rent a safety deposit box in Germany because they are all full of gold and silver … I am pretty convinced that gold will go a lot higher because it is under-owned as only 1 per cent of people’s money is in it. It could go to $2,000 an ounce. I could imagine it at $5,000. I am not giving a time frame on that, but I could certainly see that happening. But the real story now is silver.

Why are you more bullish on that metal?

Gold has traded at a ratio of 16-to-1 to silver in terms of price, but today it trades in the range of 50 to 1. I think the gold-to-silver ratio is going to go back to 16 to 1 given the passage of time, say three to five years. And I bet you that silver overshoots. The gold-to-silver ratio may even get down to 10 to 1. I believe that the price of silver has been suppressed.

Do you like base metal stocks because of China’s growing demand?

I wouldn’t be a buyer today. If interest rates go up in Europe and you have these policies of contraction, how much can China bear? I don't believe in the growth of the developed countries, and China needs the developed countries to buy goods.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-inves...#articlecontent

Congrats to all those still in Great Panther Silver (GPR.TSE). Today it has put on over 160% of my original investment & now up over 780% since Jan '09.

A good day for the silver bulls. :D

Congrats to all those still in Great Panther Silver (GPR.TSE). Today it has put on over 160% of my original investment & now up over 780% since Jan '09.

A good day for the silver bulls. :D

Nice one Pix, you are quite obviously used to seeing a clear picture of things. Roman, don't bub about silver, I would think when the next crisis comes along margin calls may well cut silver back to a better entry point, $18 may be unrealistic though........

Nice one Pix, you are quite obviously used to seeing a clear picture of things. Roman, don't bub about silver, I would think when the next crisis comes along margin calls may well cut silver back to a better entry point, $18 may be unrealistic though........

I am still holding GPR and am getting the feeling silver will be on a surge till the QE2 starts to run out of steam next summer. Think I will make sure I take some profits by spring 2011.

I am still holding GPR and am getting the feeling silver will be on a surge till the QE2 starts to run out of steam next summer. Think I will make sure I take some profits by spring 2011.

I don't see how QE(I/II/III/IV/...) would run out of steam really. It is just not politically feasible.

I just found this GF, thats another nail almost hit on the head then. ;):lol:

Seriously though, I think that we will break the line to the upside. TA can now be thrown out the window now that the bullion banks manipulation is starting to hit the mainstream press and court rooms.

I just found this GF, thats another nail almost hit on the head then. ;):lol:

Seriously though, I think that we will break the line to the upside. TA can now be thrown out the window now that the bullion banks manipulation is starting to hit the mainstream press and court rooms.

Yeah, and yeah.

I don't see how QE(I/II/III/IV/...) would run out of steam really. It is just not politically feasible.

I don't see that there won't be QE3, just that it will take some time to be passed as there will now be a lot more opposition to it. I think they may have to allow another small wave of deflation to break before being able to get it through. The current QE2 lasts for 8 months I think, so look for fireworks in June/July next year.

The Republicans are trying to stop Ron Paul from getting his chair on the Monetary Policy Subcommittee, I am not so sure they will manage it.

http://ministryvalues.com/index.php?option...&Itemid=125

Great Panther - also one on my shopping list. It's not exactly early for me to get in this game, but also not too late yet. :)

IMO you should also make sure that Silvercorp Metals (SVM:TSE) are on that list.

Walked into a coin/stamps shop today and asked fairly innocently about the fine content of their displayed local silver medals for EUR 19. Anyway, to cut it short, they made no effort whatsoever to make me wanna buy anything in there. I think they just open the shop's doors, but essentially want to keep all their inventory. Had she given me a little more information, I would have bought quite a few just as a souvenir of a nice daytrip.

silver-6.gif

The chart's suggesting two options for silver here: sideways for a bit as in leg 1, or a correction as in leg 2.

The move up in 2 was from 12 to 20, which would equate with the recent move up from 18 towards 30 odd.

How about option 3 a rocket up to $50 over the next 6 months. Which is always a strong possibility considering the manipulation ending, CFTC position limits, the massively short JPM having to start clearing in a rising market while having multiple (25 and counting) legal cases against them.

TA is now pointless, log chart or otherwise. :P

Point & Figure chart for silver shows a double top breakout with a bullish target of $29

20101017-qmud3dsmnywjss59bubee1kpyw.jpg

P&F seemed to have been accurate that time. The P&F of gold currently has a bullish price objective of $1610, which would mean IMO that silver goes higher still.