SILVER

Hi Learner

As far as I am aware goods brought in from within the EU which already have the VAT paid are exempt from additional payment.

Whether this is an accurate assumption or not, quite frankly I don't care.......

.........got to go, that's a knock at the door :huh:

The "grey area" is here;

*The goods are for your own use or as a gift. If the person you give the goods to pays you in any way (including reimbursing you for any expenses or payment in kind), then it's not a gift and the goods may be seized."

"If you don't meet these conditions, the goods (and any vehicle that transported them) may be seized."

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htm

So, as long as you never intend to sell your silver, it's fine.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good thoughts, but also a lot of hearsay...

I would prefer to call interpretation, nothing can be black & white in interpreting manipulation by the likes to JPM. Investors need to be able to read between the lines IMO.

http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-i...mmodities-again

The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) raises margins on commodities again

The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) is continuing its assault to stem the speculation on commodities that threaten to go parabolic due to the Fed's QE2 and subsequent inflation.

Last week, silver took a plunge immediately after the CME raised margin rates 30% from $5000.00 to $6500.00, and it is affecting other commodities such as copper as well.

Today, the CME is again raising the margin rates and this is explained by Tyler Durden of Zerohedge.

If at first you don't succeed at killing the higher beta stock short hedge, try again. The CME has just raised its margin requirement on silver again, bringing maintenance margins up from $6,500 to $7,250, after hiking it less than a week ago for the first time and preventing silver from surpassing $30. Of course, why the CME is raising it more after the spot price of silver is now far lower than where it was at the first raise is a good question, but is most certainly due to the exchange's "risk mitigation" concerns, and has nothing to do at all with the intent to continue killing PM prices. Far more importantly, the CME has finally relented and also raised gold margins, as we had expected. The new maintenance margin is up from $4,251 to $4,500, a minimal increase just to allow the CME to have the option (and making speculators well aware of this) of hiking rates again at any point it so chooses. All in all, all is now fair in fighting excess record liquidity. Look for a second round of imminent margin hikes in cotton, sugar, coffee and wheat, as the exchanges are suddenly very concerned about what retail margin collapses may mean for the non-existent wealth effect.

One of the lesser speculations on why the CME is doing this is tied to the Federal Reserves fear of inflation and rise in commodities because of QE2. The new margins ironically will have little effect against the silver shorts such as JP Morgan and HSBC, but will cause a slowdown of metal longs and allow the manipulation by the banks to keep on running B).

I should clarify that I am meaning physical silver.

I'd be happy with 40 dollar silver by the end of Feb. Between now and then I'd also be very happy with 20 or 10 dollar silver. To be honest I don't think we'll go back under 20-but you never know! I think every dip is a buying opportunity. Same with gold.

I'd be happy with 40 dollar silver by the end of Feb. Between now and then I'd also be very happy with 20 or 10 dollar silver. To be honest I don't think we'll go back under 20-but you never know! I think every dip is a buying opportunity. Same with gold.

I think you forgot to write anything! :lol:

For some reason the cursor on my laptop will not work in the dialog box.

Just wanted to let you know I was up too, and saw the same thing.

Buyers have returned in earnest, and at the y axis scale 0.2c it looked vertical.

A beautiful sight at 6 am!

YAY! Hi ho Silver-AWAY!!

Nick

Rick Rule on KWN - It turns out we might not be swimming in vast oceans of silver over supply after all:

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews...3A20%3A2010.mp3

The Sprott Physical Silver Trust "might have taken ALL of the available physical silver inventory out of the silver market so that on going short term physical demand will be very tough to come by and likely have to be filled at higher prices"