SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sarnia have withdrawn some coins as they are now apparently too expensive to post without VAT.

Just had a load of Philharmonics turn up, nice coins but I really dont like the non-milled edge on them.

They look nice in a stack IMO. Stacks of stacks look better still...... :P

sarnia have withdrawn some coins as they are now apparently too expensive to post without VAT.

Just had a load of Philharmonics turn up, nice coins but I really dont like the non-milled edge on them.

The gold ones DO have milled edges and are rather nice. Tax free too. (in the UK)

When I started buying PM, I did not know much about them. Bought some Philharmonics and just loved them. could not resist buying more of them. What price was it then? 8£ odd. I hope Silver will do very well in this up leg.

Thanks Jake, I have been a long time lurker, came here via HPC ;)

I did too, I was saved from considerable financial loss by getting out of the SM at the right time and not doing BTL, GF and the HPC gold thread has made me 10's of £k, I feel I owe so much to these mostly anonymous people.

Thanks for that chart GF. Do you have a target area for number of silver oz's/average house, as for your 70-100 oz's of gold? Are you expecting 1000 oz's of silver to pick up the average house as back in 1980? Or do you think that really was a one off?

Thanks.

I guess the Hunts overdid it a little. But I do think we could see similar figures. Why not 2,000 oz a house?

I guess the Hunts overdid it a little. But I do think we could see similar figures. Why not 2,000 oz a house?

Wow! So silver at 50-75/oz? I am beginning to think that is easy.

What do you see as the av house price? I now believe we will go under 100k.

(I realize I say this on the eve just about of the next deleveraging bout but...Anyway..perhaps).

Looks like they just hit the VAT wall of death?

http://www.sarniasilver.com/

>>Apologies Demand has Out-Stripped Supply<<

http://www.silvercoinsbullion.co.uk/

We are currently experiencing large volumes of sales, apologies if some items are out of stock, items will be relisted when new stock arrives.

If it helps anyone.

>>Eagles, Maples, Philly's back in stock £17.99 Including UK Delivery<<

Don't hang around though -

2010 American Silver Eagle - Only 48 items in stock

Canadian Maple - Only 21 items in stock

2010 Philharmonics - Only 39 items in stock

Cripes! Imagine getting 108 parcels through the letter box! :lol:

Someone has hoovered up all the silver 1kg coins on CID - (Mexican and Australian). 1 ounce Philharmonics also out of stock. I remember when CID used to do special offers - not many of those lately ^_^

i'm glad i got a 1kg lunar a couple of weeks ago!

Gold is outperforming silver.

Gold being the weightiest will be the last to get caught up in a dollar vortex. It might slide, but only a little and reluctantly. Most else, including silver, is likely to go on a tear. For this reason, I shifted most of my silver to gold recently.

Any silver bulls, with exposure to only silver, considering putting a chunk of it into gold?

Gold is outperforming silver.

The market views silver as an industrial metal, as well as a store of value. The turmoil in the eu points to a fall in industrial demand, hence the fall in price. In the long term fundamentals will assert themselves, so don't worry about it.

Gosh! That reminds me of something horrible.

Care to share?

In the mean time here are some highlights from a Moneyweek article.

'Silver rose from under $1.50/oz in 1970 to nearly $50/oz in 1980 - more than 25 times. The average price of silver in 2001 was $4.37/oz. A 25-fold increase on that would take it to over $110/oz....

It is estimated more than 90% of all the silver that has ever been mined has been consumed by the global photography, technology, medical, defence and electronic industries. In 1900 there were 12 billion ounces of silver in the world. By 1990, that figure had been reduced to around 2.2 billion ounces, according to commodities-research firm CPM Group. And today, there are less than 1 billion ounces in above-ground refined silver.

And that is projected to shrink even more. Industrial demand has been outstripping mining supply for most of the last 20 years. It hasn't resulted in significantly higher prices yet because the world has been able to fill the gap from inventories and official government stockpiles.

However, today the US government's stockpile is all but gone, and sales from sources such as China, Russia and India are declining, too. Silver stocks are near an all time low. Very importantly, silver is very unusual as its supply is inelastic...'

http://www.moneyweek.com/investments/preci...lver-02011.aspx

Nothing we don't already know, but it doesn't hurt to hear it again.

Yet, silver continues crashing down and refusing to attain the 20$ level.

I know the fundamentals, but I have now decided to sell at least 15-20% of my silver holdings (in the

form of shares) on every major opportunity.

Silver has not shown the stability of gold, over the last 5 years and the silver/gold ratio keeps on climbing.

Selling Eurosilver does not seem a bad idea at present, perhaps after the next peak.

Yet, silver continues crashing down and refusing to attain the 20$ level.

I know the fundamentals, but I have now decided to sell at least 15-20% of my silver holdings (in the

form of shares) on every major opportunity.

Silver has not shown the stability of gold, over the last 5 years and the silver/gold ratio keeps on climbing.

Selling Eurosilver does not seem a bad idea at present, perhaps after the next peak.

The fundamentals are excellent, some say the best of any metal in living memory.

The instability must mean there will be times to exit in the not too far distant future with great profit.

Care to share?

Sorry, Icarus. It reminds me of the Irving Fisher quote which might be wrong but still reminds me anyway here we go,

“Stock prices have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau.”

The fundamentals are excellent, some say the best of any metal in living memory.

The instability must mean there will be times to exit in the not too far distant future with great profit.

I agree with you. It wouldn't surprise me if, one day, silver was controlled/owned by governments due to it's importance and rarity. 2025? the end of silver?... I expect the price will go crazy one day, but I dont mind a bit of deleveraging from here.

Same with gold I would hold for the whole hog. It will reward the patience, I believe.