SILVER

OK, own up - who's hoovered up all the bullion coins on CID? <_< This is significant IMO as CID is a major dealer.

I went to ats to get some Brits this week as well, but security said I had to queue in the lobby because the office was too crowded with customers! I didn't have time on my lunch break and decided to go back next week. Big mistake. Strange that none of the newsletters are talking about how busy dealers are. Maybe it's only in the uk/Europe.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's really interesting that in the panic of the last day or so, gold was the focus. But instead of retracing, silver then moved up to re-align. Worth remembering next time we see this sort of behaviour.

Monday? :)

I went to ats to get some Brits this week as well, but security said I had to queue in the lobby because the office was too crowded with customers! I didn't have time on my lunch break and decided to go back next week. Big mistake. Strange that none of the newsletters are talking about how busy dealers are. Maybe it's only in the uk/Europe.

Ive gone off ATS. They are too expensive to buy and offer a mean price for selling. Also, theres a guy who works there who is a total dick.

Ive gone off ATS. They are too expensive to buy and offer a mean price for selling. Also, theres a guy who works there who is a total dick.

Why a 'dick'?

I went to my local coin shop yesterday, and their invoice book had only moved on by 19 since my last purchase at the beginning of April. :unsure:

Still, I did notice someone else in there at the same time and that's a first. I've always had the place to myself before.

Why a 'dick'?

I went to my local coin shop yesterday, and their invoice book had only moved on by 19 since my last purchase at the beginning of April. :unsure:

Still, I did notice someone else in there at the same time and that's a first. I've always had the place to myself before.

He tried telling me that Bairds gold is rubbish and ATS only sell GDB. He suggested that Bairds cheque might bounce and his attitude was biggoted. Sandra is nice but dont know why she employed him though.

He tried telling me that Bairds gold is rubbish and ATS only sell GDB. He suggested that Bairds cheque might bounce and his attitude was biggoted. Sandra is nice but dont know why she employed him though.

hmm. sounds odd...

Maybe we have the reason for the S+G spike on friday....

http://market-ticker.org/archives/2286-CFT...VER-Spikes.html

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued a warning to the market on Friday to remind participants that speculative trading limits apply throughout the trading day as well as at the end of trading.

Timestamp, 11:15 Central time

slv-spec.png

cid out of silver phillies

That is interesting - I noticed they were selling some 500 pc boxes of these - last week I think but they did not last long. I must say I am beginning to become intrigued by what is going on with these dealers selling out - is it

1. Surge in demand temporarily causing low stock?

2. Sustained high demand causing difficulties re-stocking?

3. Anything else?

Edit: CID still have some (a) 100kg gold Maple - so don't panic, if they run out of Sovereigns, you can always get one of these. ;) I was thinking about getting a couple but the buy/sell spread put me off!

Is this the reason for the counter trend 5% rise on Friday?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/civil-and...et-manipulation

Civil And Criminal Probes Launched Against JP Morgan For Silver Market Manipulation

Yes, it is really happening. After years and years and years of market manipulation, JPMorgan is about to realize there is only so far you can push your luck against the criminal envelope. In other news, when silver doubles shortly, Andrew Maguire is about to become a patron saint to generations of long-suffering gold and silver "bugs" the world throughout.

From Michael Gray of the NY Post.

Federal agents have launched parallel criminal and civil probes of JPMorgan Chase and its trading activity in the precious metals market, The Post has learned.

The probes are centering on whether or not JPMorgan, a top derivatives holder in precious metals, acted improperly to depress the price of silver, sources said.

The Commodities Futures Trade Commission is looking into civil charges, and the Department of Justice's Antitrust Division is handling the criminal probe, according to sources, who did not wish to be identified due to the sensitive nature of the information.

The probes are far-ranging, with federal officials looking into JPMorgan's precious metals trades on the London Bullion Market Association's (LBMA) exchange, which is a physical delivery market, and the New York Mercantile Exchange (Nymex) for future paper derivative trades.

JPMorgan increased its silver derivative holdings by $6.76 billion, or about 220 million ounces, during the last three months of 2009, according to the Office of Comptroller of the Currency.

Regulators are pulling trading tickets on JPMorgan's precious metals moves on all the exchanges as part of the probe, sources tell The Post.

JPMorgan has not been charged with any wrongdoing.

The DOJ and CFTC each declined to comment, as did JPMorgan.

Frizzers posted this:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/feds...qOJpB55M7Rh9vwM

Feds probing JPMorgan trades in silver pit

Federal agents have launched parallel criminal and civil probes of JPMorgan Chase and its trading activity in the precious metals market, The Post has learned.

The probes are far-ranging, with federal officials looking into JPMorgan's precious metals trades on the London Bullion Market Association's (LBMA) exchange, which is a physical delivery market, and the New York Mercantile Exchange (Nymex) for future paper derivative trades.

JPMorgan increased its silver derivative holdings by $6.76 billion, or about 220 million ounces, during the last three months of 2009, according to the Office of Comptroller of the Currency.

The investigations stem from a story in The Post, which reported on a whistleblower questioning JPMorgan's involvement in suppressing the price of silver by "shorting" the precious metal around the release of news announcements that should have sent the price upwards.

It is alleged that in shorting silver, JPMorgan sells large blocks of silver option contracts or physical metal -- actions that would bring down the price of the metal -- closely following news that would otherwise move the metals higher.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/feds...M#ixzz0nVvafuVz

With gold going bananas & silver just sitting there, what is a girl to do but buy another pile of silver with her latest newly arrived largesse?

I'll call it diversification & wont look at the price for a year ....... or maybe six months.

With gold going bananas & silver just sitting there, what is a girl to do but buy another pile of silver with her latest newly arrived largesse?

I'll call it diversification & wont look at the price for a year ....... or maybe six months.

I backed up my (modestly sized) truck last year to load up with silver. It feels like... wealth <_<