SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the long term trend broken... I don't think such niceties will be observed in this market. The only certainty is volatility. ;)

Splat! 233-day SMA at 15.50 - will bounce here surely. Im hoping for a bounce generally, more in the stock markets so i can add more shorts.

EDIT: Also DXY testing 80 and gold at support at 1071 ish. If we dont bounce now, we never will

Splat! 233-day SMA at 15.50 - will bounce here surely. Im hoping for a bounce generally, more in the stock markets so i can add more shorts.

EDIT: Also DXY testing 80 and gold at support at 1071 ish. If we dont bounce now, we never will

Silver could bounce here. But what is stopping these two from crossing?

wot.gif

BEEP......BEEP......BEEP......BEEP...... CHSHHHH....

BUTFT (Back up the f*ing Truck!!!)......

I notice the Price of Silver (1kg bars) on CoininvestDirect has gone UP today.

Silver Bullion, 1kg, Heraeus or other manufacturere / oder andere Hersteller £450.82

:lol: Till i read this...

I notice the Price of Silver (1kg bars) on CoininvestDirect has gone UP today. :blink:

the disconnect is here between the paper & physical market at last ??

if only..............

gotta to happen some time though, now is a good a time as any....

plus poss shortages of physical ??

if only... but on the other hand.......

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/files/Gold_Stocks.xls

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/fil...lver_Stocks.xls

GOLD TOTAL REGISTERED 1,611,644

SILVER TOTAL REGISTERED 47,389,387

Their registered stocks are going down..

Cr@p, I have high expenses this month and the next one or two as well. Darn it, I think I will buy some anyway. :) The annoying thing is that I would have the cash to back up the truck big time IF I wouldn't need it soon for the stuff that is coming up. I am very tempted... :o No one tell my wife please.

Started to buy here at 15.28. I've decided to buy in in three tiers; so now have a third in silver [not a lot of money as am still in the process of funding BV... and more just to get a feel for the BV system]. Maybe a bit early, and maybe reflecting a past habit of being overly bullish on silver. Needless to say, will be looking for bottom dollar prices for further purchases.... and a turn in the dollar index.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the dollar start to consolidate at 80/81 if the past pattern is anything to go by.

dollarcorrection.gif

On the other hand, and looking at the longer term, here is a very scary chart for silver. If gold consolidates to its long term trendline [to 1000] then silver could go a few dollars lower. It depends on how quickly it consolidates.....

It depends on the dollar here, and whether the market can find a floor. If the dollar corrects, silver should turn up. If the dollar continues to strengthen and the market breaks again.... silver could take another beating. That said, silver looks to be the best thing in town to pick up on dollar weakness and market mood swings.

I believe this chart shows gold strengthening against the dollar, whereas silver might just remain volatile. In this scenario, gold is the one to accumulate, and silver is the one for trading against the dollar.

scarychart.gif

ratio-2.png

This doesn't bode too well for the ratio. It looks to be swinging back to 80... perhaps the trading channel will stay within 60 and 80..or even go to 90.

This doesn't bode too well for the ratio. It looks to be swinging back to 80... perhaps the trading channel will stay within 60 and 80..or even go to 90.

See, that's why I asked the other day whether the break of the line in the Apx chart mattered.

I bought some more this morning. I don't really care about a few pence in the price here or there. Bottom line is: the current price represents good value.

Also, I bought loads in the 08 crash, and did very well, so if I have to pay a bit more than that for it now, I don't begrudge it. If it goes lower, I will buy more. I have learned from Stewart Thompson, at least somewhat. :P

Yes. I'm going all in now. :blink: (with spare cash)

I will hope you are right since i just bought a house a month ago and already i am wondering what i have done with such terrible deflationary recessionary news all around.

Stuff will not be worth much without demand. Last week you were wondering what was going on. It seems evident that stuff is not needed because the recovery is not truelly there outside a bit of inventory adjustment.

Silver is just stuff