SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-1635-1259943151_thumb.png

Even better.

My blue line was put in quite generously for putting a trade on silver. As I posted here:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=145531

Before piling into silver with most of my reserves I'd want to see a bigger pullback along the lines you have traced in... or even lower.

All BV customers will be able to access silver - 02/01/10.

Dear BullionVault user,

You can now buy, own and sell silver at BullionVault, storing it securely at low cost in the London vault.

It works in just the same way as you already deal and hold gold. There is no VAT sales tax to pay. Our fees detailed below are the lowest you will find.

We will be telling the wider world over the next few days and weeks, but want to give you early access. Given the recent price action, however, there may be something of a rush.

So to keep the market balanced, access is being widened on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you are keen to trade silver, PLEASE REPLY to this email.

You will then join our priority list, and receive email notification the moment that silver dealing is activated on your account.

All funded BullionVault clients will be enabled by January 2nd. If you are happy to wait until then, there is NO NEED to reply.

Here are the facts you need:

#1. Silver Dealing Commission

Runs independent of gold, but is charged at the same rates. So

you'll pay 0.8% on your first $30,000-worth of silver, 0.4%

on the next $30,000 and so on, regardless of your gold holdings.

#2. Silver Custody Charges

Also independent of gold, but slightly higher, because silver takes

up more physical space in the vault. You'll pay 0.04% per month on

the silver you hold (minimum $8 charge). The annual rate is 0.48%.

#3. Silver Vaulting, Larger Deals & Withdrawal

Silver is available in London only for the time being. Larger

orders for one tonne or more (approx. $500,000) can be dealt

direct on main market. Please telephone for details.

As with gold, physical withdrawal out of the vault is available but

not recommended. On silver, it will cost 10% plus VAT (currently

15%) and is only possible in whole 1,000-ounce bars.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

To join our priority silver waiting list, PLEASE REPLY to this email.

Kind regards,

Paul Tustain

Founder & CEO

BullionVault

All BV customers will be able to access silver - 02/01/10.

Thanks for letting us know.

I already have a lot of silver at GM so probably won't buy at BV. Nice to see that their commission will be only 0.8% to buy or sell silver, the same as gold.

Increasing your options is never a bad thing. :)

They're a bit slow out of the gate with this IMO, they should really have tried to compete with GM when silver was around £7/t oz. They also need to catch up on the metal trading and the ability to take delivery of smaller bars which GM offer through Bairds. Either way I still think they're a very good company to deal with.

I already have a lot of silver at GM so probably won't buy at BV. Nice to see that their commission will be only 0.8% to buy or sell silver, the same as gold.

0.8% on silver too? That's very good compared to GM - I think that's worth opening a BV account for, in fact! I was having a chat with my father about which is best and this may swing it for BV.

BTW, is their a thread comparing the two anywhere? I have a GM account and I'm very pleased with it, but would be good to know about other experiences.

0.8% on silver too? That's very good compared to GM - I think that's worth opening a BV account for, in fact! I was having a chat with my father about which is best and this may swing it for BV.

BTW, is their a thread comparing the two anywhere? I have a GM account and I'm very pleased with it, but would be good to know about other experiences.

That's what it says in the email quoted above:

#1. Silver Dealing Commission

Runs independent of gold, but is charged at the same rates. So

you'll pay 0.8% on your first $30,000-worth of silver, 0.4%

on the next $30,000 and so on, regardless of your gold holdings.

#2. Silver Custody Charges

Also independent of gold, but slightly higher, because silver takes

up more physical space in the vault. You'll pay 0.04% per month on

the silver you hold (minimum $8 charge). The annual rate is 0.48%.

Comparisons are probably scattered through different threads. It would be best to read the guides to each thoroughly and compare.

I have gold at BV. But I'm probably done with buying silver having averaged in all summer.

Increasing your options is never a bad thing. :)

They're a bit slow out of the gate with this IMO, they should really have tried to compete with GM when silver was around £7/t oz. They also need to catch up on the metal trading and the ability to take delivery of smaller bars which GM offer through Bairds. Either way I still think they're a very good company to deal with.

Last time I checked for a 100g bar of gold it was considerably cheaper to sell your gold at Goldmoney, transfer the cash back to your bank account, then buy the bar from Bairds.

I would be very surprised if anybody gets their physical through Goldmoney, which is a shame is it was something I was going to do till I saw the mark up.

Not sure what the situation is with silver...assumed it was still 1000oz bars only

Thanks for flagging this, I hadn't noticed.

Last time I checked for a 100g bar of gold it was considerably cheaper to sell your gold at Goldmoney, transfer the cash back to your bank account, then buy the bar from Bairds.

I would be very surprised if anybody gets their physical through Goldmoney, which is a shame is it was something I was going to do till I saw the mark up.

Not sure what the situation is with silver...assumed it was still 1000oz bars only

There is a report on silver investment in China today on CCTV. (CCTV is the Chinese equivalent of the BBC, but operates under slightly less political interference.)

http://english.cctv.com/program/bizchina/2...12/101184.shtml

In time the impact of 1.3 billion Chinese investors on on the price of the billion or so above ground ounces of silver may be significant.

Oh terrific :angry: Guess who just put a pile of - (at present still worth something) - paper in GM for another silver purchase.

Though I do find the lack of banking flexibility with BV a real pain.