SILVER

Dear BullionVault user,

You can now buy, own and sell silver at BullionVault.

We will be telling the wider world within the next few days, but since you have asked in the past, we want to give you first access.

Here are the 5 facts you need to know to get started:

#1. You Can Buy Today

A stock of 1,000-ounces Good Delivery bars has been delivered to the London vault, and the silver market is open. There is no VAT sales tax to pay.

#2. Dealing Commission

Runs independent of gold, but is charged at the same rates. So you'll pay 0.8% on your first $30,000-worth of silver, 0.4% on the next $30,000 and so on, regardless of your gold holdings.

#3. Custody Charges

Are also independent of gold, but slightly higher because silver takes up more physical space in the vault. You'll pay 0.04% per month on the silver you hold (minimum $8 charge). The annual rate is 0.48%.

#4. The Daily Audit

Is being run on silver property, alongside gold, but we won't be publishing the silver part of the audit until the full official launch. Expect the first public silver audit on Monday 7th December.

#5. Vaulting, Larger Deals & Withdrawal

Silver is available in London only for the time being. Larger orders for one tonne or more (approx. $500,000) can be dealt direct on main market. Please telephone for details. Physical withdrawal will only be available on 1,000-ounce bars, at a charge of 10% plus VAT (currently 15%).

As always, if you have any questions or need any help, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

We'd also appreciate your feedback and comments ahead of the full launch to other BullionVault users. Browser problems are very unlikely, but please do let us know of any glitches.

Kind regards,

Paul Tustain

Founder & CEO

BullionVault

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear BullionVault user,

You can now buy, own and sell silver at BullionVault.

We will be telling the wider world within the next few days, but since you have asked in the past, we want to give you first access.

Here are the 5 facts you need to know to get started:

#1. You Can Buy Today

A stock of 1,000-ounces Good Delivery bars has been delivered to the London vault, and the silver market is open. There is no VAT sales tax to pay.

#2. Dealing Commission

Runs independent of gold, but is charged at the same rates. So you'll pay 0.8% on your first $30,000-worth of silver, 0.4% on the next $30,000 and so on, regardless of your gold holdings.

#3. Custody Charges

Are also independent of gold, but slightly higher because silver takes up more physical space in the vault. You'll pay 0.04% per month on the silver you hold (minimum $8 charge). The annual rate is 0.48%.

#4. The Daily Audit

Is being run on silver property, alongside gold, but we won't be publishing the silver part of the audit until the full official launch. Expect the first public silver audit on Monday 7th December.

#5. Vaulting, Larger Deals & Withdrawal

Silver is available in London only for the time being. Larger orders for one tonne or more (approx. $500,000) can be dealt direct on main market. Please telephone for details. Physical withdrawal will only be available on 1,000-ounce bars, at a charge of 10% plus VAT (currently 15%).

As always, if you have any questions or need any help, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.

We'd also appreciate your feedback and comments ahead of the full launch to other BullionVault users. Browser problems are very unlikely, but please do let us know of any glitches.

Kind regards,

Paul Tustain

Founder & CEO

BullionVault

Great. Might not need that GM account now - can switch between metals at BV. I'll go take a looksie....

A little silver warning:

I think it was in an interview on King World News that Jim Sinclair pointed out that he would re-assess his silver holdings once gold had reached $1,224. We're now $24 from that event. Sinclair indicated that he would possibly sell his holdings should the price underperform, which in his eyes was IIRC something below $21-$22 dollars. So, if more people have listened to this watch out. He could of course change his opinion based on momentum in silver etc.

DISCLAIMER: I won't sell any of my silver holdings, no matter what Sinclair does. :)

Please let us know how you managed it - I cannot see any way of buying silver.

It seems that only select existing customers can see silver before the full public launch (as implied in the email).

@Wanderer

Is it possible to swap directly between silver and gold without going via a paper currency?

It doesn't look like it.

At GoldMoney, although I haven't tried it yet, it's possible to swap metals directly which is cheaper than selling for cash and then buying the other metal.

I'll look forward to seeing silver at BV when it is fully public next week.

A little silver warning:

I think it was in an interview on King World News that Jim Sinclair pointed out that he would re-assess his silver holdings once gold had reached $1,224. We're now $24 from that event. Sinclair indicated that he would possibly sell his holdings should the price underperform, which in his eyes was IIRC something below $21-$22 dollars. So, if more people have listened to this watch out. He could of course change his opinion based on momentum in silver etc.

DISCLAIMER: I won't sell any of my silver holdings, no matter what Sinclair does. :)

Silver is also lagging according to this chart.

http://gold.approximity.com/gold-silver_watch.html

Gold-Silver_Scatter_LOG_GUESS.png

Possibly a reason for buying rather than selling.

Silver Britts push through 20 quid! (for UK buyers)

Britannia 2008, 2 Pounds, 1 oz Silver 31.10 Gramm £13.81 £17.02 £19.57

Britannia 2009, 2 Pounds 2009, 1oz Silver 31.10 Gramm £14.15 £17.61 £20.25

English Rose, 1oz Silver 31.10 Gramm £12.66 £16.95 £19.49

Just been chatting with a friend about how ridiculously cheap silver was back in 09 - an ounce of silver could be bought for the same amount as two packets of cigarettes!!

Edit: Sorry, I realised I am on the 2009 thread not 2011!

i agree - put in context silver is stupidly cheap.