SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if 9.60 is broken today, do you still think silver will be targeting 7 this week (as stated on your previous chart on the 19th?)

it is less probable , i see accumulations by market makers, on the dips

they may leave it at 9.40 on close, but Asia may take it as a bottom and confirm

Now that's a good idea David:

And it turns out that what he’s seeing is making him more bullish — so bullish, he bought a 1,000-ounce mini silver future contract and took delivery.

Morgan says he’s not the only one doing arbitrage between the paper and physical silver markets. He said entrepreneurs could “take advantage of the discrepancy between physical and paper silver — these people could take gold and silver off the exchanges at the spot price and turn it into gold and silver coins and reap the large premium now available.”

This should cause some anal sphincter fibrillations (new oscillator) among the shorts.... CRIMEX look out

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/yes-we-have-no-silver-2-27680

it is less probable , i see accumulations by market makers, on the dips

they may leave it at 9.40 on close, but Asia may take it as a bottom and confirm

wow! below 9.60 but above 9.40, Asia speaks tonight. still above support, if it holds it is going to be a pretty good jump up next week, to 12 at least.

Silver gold back down from 88 to 78 on this drop. Silver usually falls further. Bullish set up?

FWIW I was in TK Max today buying a dvet and they were selling this pilow cases made out of some thick fibre that had loads of silver particles in it that apparently help allergy sufferes. (Dust mites etc) . Interesting.

Silver gold back down from 88 to 78 on this drop. Silver usually falls further. Bullish set up?

FWIW I was in TK Max today buying a dvet and they were selling this pilow cases made out of some thick fibre that had loads of silver particles in it that apparently help allergy sufferes. (Dust mites etc) . Interesting.

what a clever use

I heard a discussion on 5-live a while ago about silver being used in paint for hospitals, it was too expensive at the time

A quick google unearthed this

I also believe astronauts consume it...literally...for the same sort of antiseptic reasons

Silver at $8.86/oz? Someone pinch me. Same nominal price as about 25 years ago. Go figure...

Anyone know what the average silver mining production cost is and the average operating margin on top of that? It must be near the stage where mining companies are making losses?

This stuff doesnt materialize out of air, there must be a floor here somewhere? :blink:

Anyone know what the average silver mining production cost is and the average operating margin on top of that? It must be near the stage where mining companies are making losses?

This stuff doesnt materialize out of air, there must be a floor here somewhere? :blink:

I think I read a couple of times that Silver is mainly a byproduct of mining for other metals..

I would guess that if industrial demand for commodities is drying up, so is the mining, and indirectly the supply of silver.

But this doesn't answer your question at all, but is interesting to keep in mind!

I think I read a couple of times that Silver is mainly a byproduct of mining for other metals..

I would guess that if industrial demand for commodities is drying up, so is the mining, and indirectly the supply of silver.

But this doesn't answer your question at all, but is interesting to keep in mind!

If the supply of silver is low (due to the 'mainly a by-product' factette), then if/when people finally remember it is a currency... (it is left as an exercise to the reader to complete this sentence! ;))

I think I recall that $9-$12/oz is the production cost for some. No, there is no floor for paper silver. :) Meanwhile, coins still sell for the same prices as 8 months ago.

Silver's still in backwardation. I've still no idea what that *really* signals.

The fall in the GBP is scaring me. I'm going to initiate a transfer of some more money to GoldMoney this weekend and buy some more KGs of silver when it hits next week.

You'd think a bar of silver would fall faster than a piece of paper if you drop it - but looking at today's FX moves, I feel GBP has its lead boots on.