Jim Sinclair thread (News & Views)

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Some NOTES, received by email):

Mr. Sinclair is a 50 year veteran of the gold markets, and one of the most respected voices in the gold community. While we do not always agree 100% with Mr. Sinclair’s views, my personal observation is that he is genuinely concerned for the well-being of others when it comes to wealth preservation through gold.

What follows is a summary of what Mr. Sinclair had to say on these issues. Please bear in mind that this is being re-constructed from hand notes. If a phrase appears in quotes, it is verbatim, otherwise I am paraphrasing.

According to Jim Sinclair:

The announcements that Cyprus put forward a proposal to force depositors to pay for bank bailouts directly has created a global uproar, and the backlash will have a substantial effect on the gold market. Sinclair considers this a major turning point in the gold market, and herald’s gold’s next major up leg.

Sinclair’s comments on various gold related subjects:

There are three phases left in this bull market. Now-2014, 2015-2017, 2018-2021

COMEX:

“As long as the price is made in the paper markets, the supply is infinite”. “Gold will only recognize its true value when the physical price (versus paper) is making the market”.

GOLD WINDFALL TAX:

In this environment taxes are going up across the board, it is difficult to project what the government will do on that.

CONFISCATION:

During the last confiscation in the 1930’s gold was the QE at the time. Nixon needed to expand the money supply and had to use gold to do it because QE wasn’t available to him at the time. I do not consider another confiscation likely.

GOVERNMENT CONFISCATION OF MINING RESOURCES:

“Yes it could happen. It depends on the wisdom of managers to share the bounty with the government as to whether they are a partner or not”.

PERSON ASKS QUESTION AND PREFACES WITH “I AM IN THE IF YOU DON’T HOLD IT YOU DON’T OWN IT CAMP, WHATS YOUR VIEW OF HOLDING GOLD OVERSEAS”:

“According to the way I have done it, I don’t have an ounce of gold here, its all in Africa.” “Gold you have should be stored internationally”. “For storage you don’t want anything cheap or easy, that doesn’t exist”.

GOLD/SILVER RATIO:

“Ratios are all 20/20 vision in hindsight. Keep what you have don’t sell gold for silver or vice versa”.

CORRUPTION IN THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM:

“The financial system we live in now is comparable to Sodom and Gomorrah, only Sodom and Gomorrah was probably a lot more fun”. “Finance is now a criminal enterprise”.

FDIC:

“FDIC gives us comfort, but does not function in a systemic crisis”.

IRA’s CASH OUT OR KEEP:

“Cash out, take the tax hit”. “If QE fails the next large pool of money they have easy access to are pensions and IRA’s.”

IRA/401k CONFISCATION:

If the USD goes to 72.00 or below, the Fed may cease QE and go directly after pensions and IRA’s

HYPERINFLATION:

“If it happens it will be short lived and violent. Approximately 3 months in time frame”.

RESERVE CURRENCY:

“We will have a virtual reserve currency”. “The new reserve currency will be a worldwide M3 ratio versus gold held by central banks. This will be marked by the market versus the government”.

GOLD PRICE MANIPULATION. ARE THE MEN IN THE ESF, CFR, ETC MANIPULATING THE GOLD PRICE LOWER?:

“As we would be if that was our job and motive”. “My dogs could figure out this is a manipulation”. “Economics schools today teach that gold is competitive to the control of currency”.

ON STATES MAKING GOLD LEGAL TENDER:

“States making gold legal tender is fine, but if there is no system to support a transaction it’s not practical”.

GOLD PRICE DROPPING AS IT DID IN 1980:

“We will not see a price drop like we did in the 80’s, the entire paradigm is different”.

REASONS TO BAIL OUT OF GOLD:

“The only argument I can see to bail out of gold would be the legitimate end of QE”.

ON TIMING AND PRICE:

“Anything below 3500 is a buy. Anything above 4400 is a sell”.

RAISING CAPITAL FOR MINING COMPANIES:

“Any attempt to raise money issuing stock in these capital markets is a suicidal move”. Jim goes on to explain additional capital raising with TRX will be by sales of gold not stock.

PETRODOLLAR:

“Attacking Iran is attacking other nations, big nations”. “This does not look attractive today.” “China recently surfaced two submarines in a US Navy Carrier group, undetected. This means they can also surface off the coast of the US undetected and fire nuclear weapons if they wanted to”. “The use of the dollar in trading energy (oil) is paramount to the strength of the dollar.” “The move in energy trading is away from dollars”.

3 PHASES OF A BULL MARKET:

“By all historical measurement’s, we should be approaching the final phase of this bull market”. “Keep in mind we are living in a false economic world today”.

NUMISMATICS:

Unless there is a ready market to buy it back, you are probably better off buying well known coins.

CHINA:

“I think China will shoot for a 15% reserves position in gold”.

REASONS TO BAIL OUT OF GOLD:

“The only argument I can see to bail out of gold would be the legitimate end of QE”.

I thought it was 'QE to infinity'?

To tell the truth I don't think the end of QE would be the time to bail out. Maybe the time when gold goes crazy as the only (financial) safe haven.

• 2 weeks later...

Sinclair – Something Has Western Central Banks Terrified

April 1, 2013, at 1:44 pm

by Eric King in the category King World News |

Dear CIGAs,

Today Jim Sinclair warned King World News that something clearly has Western central banks terrified right now. Below is what Sinclair, who was once called on by former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker to assist during a Wall Street crisis, had to say.

Sinclair: “This is all because of the one quadrillion dollars in derivatives that are in the financial system. Six years ago the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) at that time reported that the amount of derivatives already outstanding exceeded one quadrillion dollars. This number is unimaginable to most human beings.

But that is the actual number (over one quadrillion dollars). They never should have released that number because it created a bit of panic. Central planners immediately changed the accounting method for derivatives and this appeared to bring the total amount down to under $700 billion. So through the use of an accounting gimmick the total was reduced, but it hasn’t changed the frightening reality of what the world is facing….

MP3 : xx

Interview Transcript: http://kingworldnews..._Terrified.html

===

One Quadrillion, or $700 Billion of Risk ?

I actually, I think the smaller number should better approximate the actual risk

Former US Treasury Official – The Fed Is Facing A Wipeout

JSmineset / April 4, 2013:

by Eric King in the category King World News |

Dear CIGAs,

Today a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury told King World News that the Federal Reserve and other central planners are facing a wipeout. Former Assistant of the US Treasury, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, also cautioned KWN that the Fed is trying to do all they can to prolong the coming financial destruction. Below is what Dr. Roberts had to say in the second part of two extraordinary interviews which have now been released today.

Eric King: “Now that central planners have made it known they will steal bank deposits when countries are in trouble, does that help relieve QE going forward to some extent? Or is this just another lie they are trying to sell to people right now?”

Dr. Roberts: “It doesn’t relieve it, but it’s an alternative when they can’t do QE. When the dollar starts declining or collapses, and they keep printing it will drive it down even faster. So when the dollar really starts plunging they have to give up QE.

You can’t print money in the face of a falling currency. You will just make the panic worse….

===

Click here to read the full article on KingWorldNews.com

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

Here is the biggest load of crap since Goldman declared they were doing God’s work.

Gold Slump Sparked by European Sale Concern, Goldman Says

By Phoebe Sedgman – Apr 16, 2013 5:36 AM ET

The selloff in gold that cut futures 13 percent over two days was sparked by investor concern that European governments may have to follow Cyprus in selling part of their holdings, according to Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

The slump, which drove prices to their lowest level since January 2011 today, was exacerbated as the metal fell below so- called technical-support levels, analysts including Jeff Currie and Damien Courvalin said in a report dated today, entitled “There Are Weeks When Decades Happen.”

Gold has plunged into a bear market as investors reduced holdings in exchange-traded products amid signs the U.S. economy is recovering, paring haven demand. Goldman said April 10 the turn in the gold cycle was quickening and investors should sell the metal. The drop in the past two days was one of the largest corrections in modern history, according to Deutsche Bank AG.

“The sharp selloff in gold was triggered by growing fears that the central bank of Cyprus would sell its gold reserves, potentially reflecting a larger monetization of gold reserves across other European central banks,” the Goldman analysts wrote in the report dated today.

Bullion for June delivery was 1.3 percent higher at $1,378.50 an ounce on the Comex at 5:33 p.m. in Singapore after losing as much as 2.9 percent to $1,321.50. Futures plunged 9.3 percent yesterday after entering a bear market last week, falling more than 20 percent from the record close in 2011.

More…

If

I'm really hoping Jim holds one of his meetings in London. I will go to it if he does.

If you do go, please take some notes...

I emailed this to Jim Sinclair's personal email, let's see if he puts it up on his website. I think it's a great chart, particularly as it's log and the parabola is very clear.

The ratio of GLD to GDX suggests to me a low in the miners may be forthcoming within a matter of days;

log2_zps758512eb.png

Jim Sinclair: The Big Dirty Secret is Out: There is No Gold!

big-secret-300x225.jpg

Legendary gold trader Jim Sinclair sent an email alert to subscribers last night, stating that the rig (gold manipulation) is up, and that the big dirty secret is out that there is no physical gold in volume.

Sinclair states that the biggest moves on a percentage basis for gold and gold stocks has just begun, andprovides a formula for profits in the gold sector here and now:

The formula for profits in gold shares in order of significance are:

1. Mid tier producers or those moving into that position.

2. Located out of the reach of North America or Euroland.

3. Strict control of overhead.

4. Huge comfortable short positions.

If true as David C says, the RIG IS UP.

Keep in mind that the repository of physical gold is the intermediate sized producer with low production costs and run tight ships overhead wise. Something other than the way colonialist majors are run with no attention to the shareholder or their host countries.

Physical gold unimpeded by the paper scam can trade at prices that will set your hair on fire.

• 2 weeks later...

From JSmineset;

"Dear CIGAs,

I am writing to provide an update to the original post on JSMineset dated April 19, 2013. Click here to view the original post…

In the gold chart provided back in April, there were two dates: the first May 2-3 and the second May 10-13, 2013 were noted as turn dates.

May 2-3 was to mark a short term high. If you check the price of gold you will see it did! Gold’s daily time clock from the rise off the April 15, 2013 low ended May 3, 2013.

The next date, May 10-13 is to mark the low off the May 2-3 high for both gold and silver.

With regards to silver, this is a time for extreme caution! What is next? May 9-10, 2013… the drop! The question is how low will it go? The bottom comes in either Friday May 10, 2013 or Monday May 13, 2013. Will support at $22 hold or not? That is the big question. Again until May 13, 2013 has passed, silver is extremely vulnerable to a support break!

Gold’s low will hold due to its impressive rise since its bottom April 15, 2013.

Have a great day,

CIGA Bo Polny

clip_image0025.jpg

clip_image0043.jpg

I'm really hoping Jim holds one of his meetings in London. I will go to it if he does.

Errol, get signed up, mate!!!! I can't go but I would love to know if there's anything revelatory being transmitted. I suspect there isn't but...

http://www.jsmineset.com/2013/05/08/london-qa-session-announced/

The details are as follows:

Where:

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5

Poyle Road

Colnbrook BERKSHIRE SL3 OFF UK

Hilton.com/heathrowterminal5

When:

Saturday, June 1st, 2013

Starting time is 1PM. Meeting should last until 5PM

Registration and seating will begin at 11:45 am

Cost:

A fee of $50.00US to cover costs must be paid in advance. We will not accept payment at the door unless you have pre-booked with Anna at the email address below. You can make a payment with any major credit card via the PayPal button on the webpage linked below (no PayPal account required). Please be sure to print out your transaction/receipt as this will be your entry ticket to the meeting.

If you prefer, you may alternatively pay $50.00US cash, bank check or money order made payable to Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation, at the door. You must pre-register via email with Anna Stoerzinger at anna.trx.jes@hotmail.com in order reserve your seat(s). A confirmation will be sent to you within 1-2 business days of receipt.

US$ 50 ... In London?

How strange.

There must be some tax dodge associated with using USD at the airport

A SAD REALITY

Jim,

After several years, I wanted to contact you tonight. I religiously turn to your website each evening to read your comments. I am starting to consider you the "Leader of Gold Investor." Like many of your followers, I have now lost 100′s of thousands in this gold battle over the past 25 months. I have been a silver and gold stock investor for over 35 years. Every time I become discourage, I wait a few more weeks and have witness gold and silver emerge to new highs. I am 100% invested, otherwise, I would be buying more shares.

Tonight I am asking you to update your future prediction gold chart. The first one you constructed showed an Angel with a magnet pulling gold up, throughout the years, to $1680. Actually, I printed that chart and increase its size 300% for future reference. However, now that chart has expired and needs updating.

For any serious investor, I can say with over 35 years experience to keep the faith. I have lost a great percentage of my retirement nest egg recently. Yes I am concerned; however I still can sleep at night. I would be more concerned if my money were invested in any other instruments.

Just writing tonight to give you my full support and let you know that my dogs are also treated as dear family members.

CIGA Bruce

== == ==

UPDATED CARTOON

clip_image002_thumb15.jpg

A SAD REALITY

Jim,

After several years, I wanted to contact you tonight. I religiously turn to your website each evening to read your comments. I am starting to consider you the "Leader of Gold Investor." Like many of your followers, I have now lost 100′s of thousands in this gold battle over the past 25 months. I have been a silver and gold stock investor for over 35 years. Every time I become discourage, I wait a few more weeks and have witness gold and silver emerge to new highs. I am 100% invested, otherwise, I would be buying more shares.

Tonight I am asking you to update your future prediction gold chart. The first one you constructed showed an Angel with a magnet pulling gold up, throughout the years, to $1680. Actually, I printed that chart and increase its size 300% for future reference. However, now that chart has expired and needs updating.

For any serious investor, I can say with over 35 years experience to keep the faith. I have lost a great percentage of my retirement nest egg recently. Yes I am concerned; however I still can sleep at night. I would be more concerned if my money were invested in any other instruments.

Just writing tonight to give you my full support and let you know that my dogs are also treated as dear family members.

CIGA Bruce

== == ==

UPDATED CARTOON

clip_image002_thumb15.jpg

Instead of following someone else religiously (that's the really sad part for me) perhaps he ought to think for himself for a change.

Don't mess with Mr Gold when he is refreshed and ready to run!

Speaking of Mr Gold, another "Mr Gold", Jim Sinclair - had THIS on his website:

(sounds like he was reading GEI - haha.)

Incredibly Important Developments In Gold & Silver Markets

Posted May 20th, 2013 at 4:29 PM (CST) by Eric King & filed under King World News.

Dear CIGAs,

Today King World News is reporting on incredibly important developments taking place in the gold and silver markets. Acclaimed commodity trader Dan Norcini spoke with KWN about the amazing action in both of these key markets and provided four tremendous charts. Below is what Norcini had to say in his interview.

Norcini has been stunningly accurate in his predictions of the movement in the gold and silver markets. Now the acclaimed trader discusses these incredibly important developments in both of these markets: “Gold appears to have successfully retested its former spike low down in that important support level between $1320 – $1340 and held. What is important from a technical analysis perspective is that the volume completely dried up as price worked its way back into that critical support zone noted on the 4 hour price chart.

Bears were hoping to be able to recruit a wave of fresh converts to their side and give them the firepower to pressure the market down through this level, thereby touching off another wave of sell stops and setting up a fresh new leg lower in price. Obviously, there appears to have not been a large contingent of traders interested in selling gold aggressively down at these levels right now. That gave some would-be longs the excuse they were looking for to re-enter the market plus stirred some mild, but not aggressive short covering on the part of the bears.

However that all changed rather abruptly!

clip_image002_thumb20.jpg

More…

The Euro Will Prevail

Posted May 24th, 2013 at 12:41 PM (CST) by Jim Sinclair

Dear CIGAs,

For those who love to condemn the euro, please be rationale for a moment. In Euroland there has been much government inflicted economic suffering. In the Union of the Dollar, the USA, there has been nothing but stimulation and banksters getting free passes. As horrible as it is, Euroland has kicked off the confiscation of depositors funds called bail-ins. In Euroland the gold held in reserve is valued at market prices. In the USA the gold reserve is valued at a phony $42 and change. Gold will be worn as a neckless around the neck of the Euro.

. . .

Now we have a proposal which when adopted would be a Euroland Blockbuster. A direct kick in the slats of Shadow Banking, something that will never occur in the USA. Euroland would unravel the collateral chains of Shadow Banking there, if you can call it that, a knee capping. The USA has emasculated new bank regulations, making a fool of Volcker’s name of part of it. The USA entertains all the flim flam of the Bankster and Brokesters. Since Banksters and Brokesters own Washington there is little hope of any change.

This is, in the final analysis, more evidence that the Euro in whatever form it ends up, two or one, will take ascendancy over the dollar, certainly if these proposal become solid action.

The new currency arrangements will not be made by Washington but rather by Euroland and the BRICS.

Physical gold will be emancipated from fraudulent no gold paper casino.

=======

EU Weighs Curbs on Banks’ Use of Client Assets as Collateral

By Jim Brunsden – May 24, 2013 10:29 AM ET

Banks and brokers face a clampdown on using assets they hold for clients as collateral for their own trades as part of European Union moves to bolster market stability and rein in shadow banking.

The European Commission is weighing whether firms should have to obtain formal consent from their clients before being allowed to reuse assets to back other trades, according to a document obtained by Bloomberg News. The consent would be enshrined in a “contractual agreement” between the parties.

The handing over of collateral is an integral part of repurchase agreements, or repos — one of the activities under review by global regulators as part of their efforts to regulate shadow banking. The reuse of clients’ assets poses a potential threat to financial stability

• 1 month later...

Jim Sinclair: The system is in collapse, buy gold with every asset

Jim Sinclair’s full email alert to PM investor subscribers:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/jim-sinclair-selling-everything-to-buy-gold/

(From GLP ): http://www.godlikepr...23/pg1#38729970

Holy Cow..Jim Sinclair states gold to rise in early July and reach $50,000 per ounce

What if Gold reached $100k an ounce? Who would buy it? Who would you sell it to?

The first thing that would happen is Gold would start to fall in value as soon as folks tried to sell.

Central Banks.

They are always the suckers at tops

Jim Sinclair: The system is in collapse, buy gold with every asset

Jim Sinclair’s full email alert to PM investor subscribers:

http://www.silverdoc...ng-to-buy-gold/

Sinclair may have been “Mister Gold” in the seventies, but right now he is “Mister Joke”.

Some comments are skeptical and negatively. Can this be the low? It is always interesting to try to read the crowd - we have never had the ability to read investor emotions until recent times.

Sometimes if you know the market well, you can sense when the time to buy - ignore fundamentals and technical analysis. There is one thing that I regularly buy that I know is coming to below cost of production or imagine it as the "apex" of a tight corner if you are driving a car. That is, Pepsi Max at the 99p shop. We buy the 2Ltr ones for 99p. They are also sometimes on offer at Lidl, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys. The normal price is about £1.50 or £1.99, but they maybe discounted to £1 each or buy two for £2 temporarily. I back up the truck when I see them on offer.

Yesterday, the 99p shop had about 8 bottles left - I bought them all, because the new stock is 1.5Ltr bottles at 99p each!!!

I don't have a good enough "feel" with the gold or silver market despite watching it for the last 8 years. We don't know it is the bottom until after it happens. And if we do buy at the bottom, it never feels like it was.

Sometimes if you know the market well, you can sense when the time to buy - ignore fundamentals and technical analysis. There is one thing that I regularly buy that I know is coming to below cost of production or imagine it as the "apex" of a tight corner if you are driving a car. That is, Pepsi Max at the 99p shop. We buy the 2Ltr ones for 99p. They are also sometimes on offer at Lidl, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys. The normal price is about £1.50 or £1.99, but they maybe discounted to £1 each or buy two for £2 temporarily. I back up the truck when I see them on offer.

Yesterday, the 99p shop had about 8 bottles left - I bought them all, because the new stock is 1.5Ltr bottles at 99p each!!!

It makes sense... Except for the fact that Coke is not healthy to drink.

Buy tea on sale, and you will be healthier in the long run

Archived