• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.

Thanks for that Errol.

They were also SOLD btw

LOL

So astrologers are saying that if you make Mombasa, Kenya Obama's birthplace,

his astro-readings suggest he may resign within two years.

But I do hope he is up to the challenge, since the country needs strong leadership now

• 1 month later...

To me, Jim Sinclair has become a mainstream "misinformation" source, along with being a gifted

trader and technical analyst of Gold charts.

(I expect that many regular old posters on GEI will disagree.)

So, to make some happy here, I ma moving this thread to the Benign neglect area

• 3 weeks later...

The Bear Case In Gold From The Establishment

January 7, 2013, at 9:19 pm

by Jim Sinclair

My Dear Friends,

Here is the bear case in gold in the actual words of an establishment analyst.

In reviewing this the question is simple. There are two premises stated in the positive – real rates and business activity. Do you agree or disagree with those two premises?

This is the Establishment, MSM and MOPE consensus?

With a recovering global economy, and prospect for real interest rates increasing, gold should lag.

1. Is there a solid recovery in the global economy? Yes or No?

2. Will the Fed reduce or cancel their QE program? Yes or No?

My answer is a simple: No on both counts. If you disagree with me do so on a fundamental basis. That is certainly more acceptable than relying on your emotions, or being influenced by the brute forces in markets common today.

You don’t need to be a brain surgeon, economist or monetary scientist because the above quote is the fundamental argument underlying markets right now, both in the dollar and gold.

This should explain to you why a firm dollar and weak gold is being preached by the establishment banking firms and their voices on the air waves.

Respectfully,

Jim

Federally Assistance Or Just A Hedge Fund?

January 11, 2013, at 11:12 am

by Jim Sinclair in the category General Editorial | printer_famfamfam.gif Print This Post | email_famfamfam.png Email This Post

My Dear Friends,

The early morning operation took place today taking gold off the $1704 level. Many of us are convinced that what we are seeing has Federal assistance. That means to us that the Fed is lending gold to the gold banks to facilitate the operation. Because of that there is a fear of taking on the operation.

I got a call last evening from a friend in the huge private hedge managed money telling me that we have all been bamboozled. The size of hedge funds today can easily mimic what would be considered Federally sponsored. The Fed is quite pleased, but is not the infinite power behind the bear operation that started at $1800.

It is a wild man/women with very big, but not infinite funds that is operating the gold market. That which the longs fear is air, and nothing more than a major huge hedge fund operation.

. . .

This is business now where you must not believe your eyes. This is just something that should be considered as possible. It would be a genus move on the part of anyone wanting the gold market off from $1800. Plant the story in financial MSM that it is Federally backed selling, then do what major hedge funds do today – bet the ranch on infinite margin, and go for broke.

Part of me respects anyone with that much courage to do so.

Respectfully, Jim

====

/see: http://www.jsmineset...t-a-hedge-fund/

The Hedge Fund seller (Paulson) story was all over the web last night.

I bought some GLD call (at lower strikes) to replace the ones expiring next Friday

• 2 weeks later...

One of the many charts posted to JS Mineset recently;

clip_image014.jpg

I don't check his site out very often these days but I read back a few posts and in one of them he included an email address for people to contact him. I suspect he plots a chart showing how many emails he gets per day, and that he gets the most emails right at the bottom when people are panicking!

• 3 weeks later...

im Sinclair's MineSet: TODAY'S MARKET ACTION IN GOLD AND SILVER

WAS AN ORCHESTRATED PAPER SMASH BY THE ROBBER BARRONS

Posted By: NaturalWisdom

Date: Monday, 11-Feb-2013 16:39:50

In Response To: Reader, link: "Gold Falls as Investors Await G-7 Announcement on Currency Devaluation" (hobie)

February 11, 2013, at 12:35 pm

by Jim Sinclair

Jim Sinclair's MineSet

Lawrence Welk used to be famous for starting his band with "a one, and a two…" but today’s market action in Gold and Silver was no Waltz by Lawrence and the band.

It WAS a clever ONE-TWO manipulated paper smash, though. Just as ‘orchestrated’ as if it had been played by a band of musicians instead of a band of crooks and robbers.

Starting with the London open, Gold and Silver were heavily sold, then a classic waterfall paper smash was contrived at the COMEX open. Yes, contrived. Today was just another example of blatant, collusive, criminal activity manufactured by the paper bullion Cartel.

clip_image001_thumb4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting post by Jim yesterday, he is normally strong in the face of his "fans" getting upset by gold going down but now he tells them to do as they please - surely must be at or very very close to a low now;

"Hate Mail: Perhaps The Best Gold Bottom Indicator

February 19, 2013, at 3:19 pm

by Jim Sinclair in the category General Editorial | printer_famfamfam.gif Print This Post | email_famfamfam.png Email This Post

My Dear Friends,

1. The more insulting the hate email becomes, the closer we are to an absolute low in this manufactured gold reaction. It is really foul today.

2. The nerve that I touched yesterday when I questioned the FDIC viability and aggregate insurance tells me that there is huge population of readers taking comfort in the absolute belief that the FDIC really will return your US dollar deposits should we have a systemic crisis. It will not because it cannot. It does not have the assets to meet even a small portion of all its implied guarantees. The size of the implied guarantee when you consider brokers as banks is enormous. It is an outrageous concept that you silly people take faith in. All your yelling and screaming letters go directly into the spam file. The best one is the jerk that ordered me to repent.

3. Gold will trade at $3500 and above. You bears that bang on me in an organized way on every reaction since $248 are once again wasting your time. Your emails do nothing but encourage me that I am absolutely correct.

4. Sending me the tomes of the Trojan Horse gold writer’s bearish gold claims and expecting me to answer you is another waste of your time. My answer is they are wrong, but if you believe them do whatever you please.

Sincerely,

Jim"

Interesting post by Jim yesterday, he is normally strong in the face of his "fans" getting upset by gold going down but now he tells them to do as they please - surely must be at or very very close to a low now;

"Hate Mail: Perhaps The Best Gold Bottom Indicator

February 19, 2013, at 3:19 pm

My Dear Friends,

1. The more insulting the hate email becomes, the closer we are to an absolute low in this manufactured gold reaction. It is really foul today.

2. The nerve that I touched yesterday when I questioned the FDIC viability and aggregate insurance tells me that there is huge population of readers taking comfort in the absolute belief that the FDIC really will return your US dollar deposits should we have a systemic crisis. It will not because it cannot. It does not have the assets to meet even a small portion of all its implied guarantees. The size of the implied guarantee when you consider brokers as banks is enormous. It is an outrageous concept that you silly people take faith in. All your yelling and screaming letters go directly into the spam file. The best one is the jerk that ordered me to repent.

3. Gold will trade at $3500 and above. You bears that bang on me in an organized way on every reaction since $248 are once again wasting your time. Your emails do nothing but encourage me that I am absolutely correct.

4. Sending me the tomes of the Trojan Horse gold writer’s bearish gold claims and expecting me to answer you is another waste of your time. My answer is they are wrong, but if you believe them do whatever you please.

Sincerely,

Jim"

I suppose that being alternatively Bullish and Bearish might save some hate mail.

I was wrong to be Bullish think Gold might hold the 480d-MA.

But I did identify a measure which when broken was followed by some big drops.

I do think we are getting very close to a major low, but am concerned now that we may first need to see a third gap down.

JS is a lightning rod for negative mail because of all his hand-holding when Gold was higher,

Jim Sinclair's response to Ambrose Evans-Pritchard's telegraph article (Trade protectionism looms next as central banks exhaust QE);

"
Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

When I read headlines like this from a celebrated author it makes me sick. There is no way on Earth to exhaust QE. The only control, if there is one, is the resulting impact in time on your currency.

QE by definition is inexhaustible. You can literally print money to infinity. Do you think anything surfaced to prevent Mugabe of Zimbabwe from printing money to infinity? Trade protectionism makes hell of the currency markets because currency moves just as mirror images of their trading partners. Currency levels have nothing to do with anything but the war. The last thing the US wants is the dollar above .8000 USDX for trade reasons. The firmer the dollar as a product of a currency war, the greater the freedom to take QE to infinity.

Another point is the foolish idea that the Federal Reserve can’t lose money to infinity. The Federal Reserve can lose money to infinity because its blank check book is available for capital to infinity.

Both the gold community writers, speakers and MSM are now in competition to see how much stupidity they can produce. It is embarrassing to read gold writers who seem pressed to put out words regardless of validity. It is comical to listen to gold and silver speakers being interviewed that want to outdo the other in the mode of spectacular."

• 2 weeks later...

Housing Market-It’s all Manipulation-Fabian Calvo

March 4, 2013, at 8:53 am

by Greg Hunter in the category USAWatchdog.com |

Dear CIGAs,

Real Estate investor Fabian Calvo says, “Trust me; there are enough troubled assets for the Fed to be buying much more than $40 billion a month. . . It’s all about manipulation.” Calvo says, “In essence, they are creating another bubble. I believe in 24 to 48 months, they are going to pull the rug out again, and we’ll see prices go down when rates go up.” Calvo predicts, “The Fed balance sheet will likely be $5 trillion in toxic assets by the end of 2014.” Calvo thinks what is going on behind the scenes will one day come to light, and it won’t be pretty. Calvo thinks the mortgage rate forecast will eventually go up, but the Fed will suppress rates as long as it can. Calvo says, “It’s kind of like Enron. When it falls apart, then you realize what level of corruption and deceit was really taking place. . . . It’s a trillion times worse than Enron.” Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with Fabian Calvo of TheNoteHouse.us.

How many sides to that Mouth?

Post from Max Kaiser – The Doc, March 8, 2013

Posted on March 8, 2013 by Jean

Backwardation in a Falling Market: A Sign Bullion Prices Are About to Collapse?

freefall.png

Our friend TF from TFMetalsReport has published a guest post arguing that the current backwardation in gold and silver in a falling market is signalling that bullion prices are about to experience a 2008 style collapse.

The Doc has long believed that the gold and silver futures markets would experience a massive take-down immediately preceding the coming collapse and the metals’ largest gains. Legendary gold trader Jim Sinclair recently stated the same, predicting an imminent wash out that would test the resolve of even the staunchest PM bulls, prior to gold heading to $3,500/oz.

Is gold and silver backwardation in a falling market signalling a washout gold and silver collapse is imminent?

Click here for more on the gold & silver backwardation:

A comment from the Link:

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

|March 8, 2013 at 5:57 pm|

Sinclair now has a huge credibility problem.

When is he going to stop talking like a snake-oil salesman?

First : Its going to soar!

Second : It’s going to bottom within three weeks!

Third: It’s going to absolutely bomb-out !

Fourth: It’s going to soar after the bomb-out!

• 2 weeks later...

Sinclair – All Hell Is Breaking Loose After Cyprus Catastrophe

Today legendary trader Jim Sinclair told King World News that all hell is breaking loose after the Cyprus catastrophe. Sinclair, who’s father was business partners with another legendary trader, Jesse Livermore, had this to say in this extraordinary and exclusive KWN interview:

Eric King: “Jim, your comments over the weekend on King World News regarding the Cyprus disaster have electrified the world. But it also seems to have frightened a great many people.”

Sinclair: “Well, it should have frightened many of the players involved, and served as a wake-up call. There was a great miscalculation made with regards to Cyprus, and the situation has quickly turned into a catastrophe. There was no real understanding of the entities that were behind the Russian corporations which have money in Cyprus, and the effect of what is in reality the confiscation of Russian ex-KGB money.

The people at the IMF, which have spearheaded this disaster, never expected the ‘Cyprus Solution’ to blow up in their face the way it has….

“This has quickly turned into a PR nightmare because it is not a ‘tax,’ but instead a ‘confiscation.’ They have stolen KGB money in order to meet the liabilities of the banks. Up to this point, bank depositors have been held whole in this most serious Western, and by consequence international financial meltdown.

===

/more: http://beforeitsnews...he-2501146.html

Car-bomb.jpg

haha:

The people at the IMF, which have spearheaded this disaster, never expected the ‘Cyprus Solution’ to blow up in their face the way it has….

They aint seen nothing yet !

I came from the Sinclair Q and A a few hours ago (having been in NYC for other business). I'll post some of my notes when I can use my home computer tomorrow. I definently feel that Sinclair is earnest and honest, both in his investment advice and in terms of his management of TRE and his treatment of shareholders.

I came from the Sinclair Q and A a few hours ago (having been in NYC for other business). I'll post some of my notes when I can use my home computer tomorrow. I definently feel that Sinclair is earnest and honest, both in his investment advice and in terms of his management of TRE and his treatment of shareholders.

Thanks Carlton, great that you were at the event.

I'll read your thoughts with interest.

yes.

please post your notes, carlton

Notes from Sinclair Q&A, March 20, 2013

1. Storage companies aren’t run by saints; most physical holders never sell; the companies may be tempted.

2. Bitcoin is “intriguing” but not practical, will not be better than a Krugerrand.

3. PSLV is less safe than physical, though Sprott is a “top of the line fellow”; he won’t steal from you.

4. “I don’t believe in ratios” between gold and silver.

5. The best currencies will be from countries that have a high ratio of gold to debt, and currencies that have resource characteristics.

6. Remonetization of silver is “most unlikely.”

7. $500 silver is a myth.

8. Yellin is most likely the next Fed Chair.

9. Major miners are “so undervalued,” they’re the best values around.

10. McEwen is “extremely capable,” but he should expand beyond the South American focus.

11. Without Bernanke’s actions this Q&A would be held in a cave, not in the Hilton with microphones.

12. Sprott won’t take steps to bust the COMEX because it’s “unethical” to break the “playing board.”

13. The Angels are based on the square of the numbers, by Livermore.

14. Gold miners used to be (stodgy, boring) dividend payers, then we had the bull market of the 70s; the nature of the sector changed.

15. The bond market will not break, QE is an “infinite bid.”

16. TRE shareholders will realize value through cashflow or through a sale of the company. Sinclair won’t issue one more share of stock. TRE can use its gold to finance development and operations (through ad hoc forward sales [with Oman mentioned as an example]). TRE has four cashflow projects; these are at the surface and are relatively easy; TRE may contract mine them. “I am a firm believer that we are building a major company.”

17. Sinclair notes his sale of Sutton Co. to Barrick: “I don’t play for peanuts.”

18. Fiat and fractional reserve banking will stay.

19. Alf Fields is a “hardworking, straight guy,” though not necessarily perfect in his analysis.

20. The Cyprus depositors’ haircut will go down in history as “the dumbest thing the IMF ever did.”

21. At present, gold <$3500 is a buy and gold >$4500 is a sell.

22. Shareholders should “kick some ass,” demand and sue for more dividends.

23. Deciding whether to close retirements accounts is a difficult choice; you may want to keep them for a while; if there is an employer match then someone else is carrying the load with you.

24. The average guy knows he’s been had; if they start taking money in bank accounts in the US there could be a disaster.

I'll add, he really thinks Cyprus was a huge event. It could have been the beginning of bail-ins rather than bail-outs. Bails-ins could mean less QE and could be gold negative. Some actors had word of the (attempted) Cyprus bail-in, and this was a reason to sell gold. Cyrpus (and Russia, and reactions from around the world) have now shown that hitting depositors with bail-ins is not an acceptable way of saving banks, meaning more QE.

However, I should also add that if you google for "Sutton Resources" there is a good bit of critical info regarding how the company operated, the role of Sinclair, and the veracity of some of Sinclair's statements. Some have also critized his purchases and sales of TRE stock.

I don't agree on silver, TRE I don't care about. I think BullionVault and GoldMoney are sound storage businesses, and Tustain and Turk are just as trustable as Sprott.

Maybe Sinclair's most important economic message is his proper understanding of gold as the only tool of balancing central banks accounts. The "pied piper"-crowd will learn the hard way of what it means to ignore Sinclair's golden nuggets (some of his other nuggets can be ignored though :) ).

Cyprus is important, psychologically, as was the SWIFT-attack on Iran. Sinclair is right on that, but the effects are more subtle and prolonged, and not immediately spectacular.

Archived