Jim Sinclair thread (News & Views)

$1,650!

Congratulations to Mr. Gold: Jim Sinclair!

... for the investment call of the century!

King%20World%20News%20Jim%20Sinclair%205%3A10%3A2011.jpg

No manic-depressive trading is needed, no fearful paper shuffling with liabilities not worth the paper they have been written on.

Good old gold has done what it has done for thousands of years, and will continue to do.

Don't sell your gold now, don't be stupid. The Sinclair gold price model hints at a price of $16,000 an ounce today if gold was to go back to ratios it has gone to before in the 1970s and 1980s. Don't listen to the "gold pays no dividend" morons, they don't understand what they are dealing with.

Spot on GF. Remember all the pied piper bullsh!t? Ha!

The real pied pipers have now been shown to be those that piped folks out of their positions at $1250. Those that piped folk out of their silver at $30 claiming we should all go short silver for the next 6 years.

Thems the FACTS folks.

Well done to all those that ignored the noise and bought and held till now.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was criticized because he missed it by few months. In fact, not only did gold reach 1650$

but, given the fact that the prediction was made in 2001, he could easily have missed it by 2-3 years.

he was extraordinarily close even in the timing of his prediction. 6 months in 10 years is equivalent to 5%.

Congratulations Mr Sinclair !!

Jim Sinclair was willing to bet a million dollars that gold would be at 1650 on a certain date because as a hyper-inflationist he thought gold would absolutely explode through that price before that date. He envisaged gold going through 1650 and never looking back.

Even if you were critical of Sinclair's hyper-inflationary prediction, this didn't have to mean that you thought gold wasn't going to increase in price. You may have thought that gold would increase at steadier pace.... which is what's happened. Given recent price history, gold could easily bob up and down the 1650 level for a good six months or so before spiking up to the next level.

I recall a writing from Jim a while ago stating he would be leaving us at $1650. I wonder if he has changed his mind? We shouldn't have to wait too much longer to find out...

He changed his mind on that a while back, I believe. I don't think even he anticipated the insanity of The Bernanke and Central banks in general.

$1,650!

Congratulations to Mr. Gold: Jim Sinclair!

... for the investment call of the century!

King%20World%20News%20Jim%20Sinclair%205%3A10%3A2011.jpg

No manic-depressive trading is needed, no fearful paper shuffling with liabilities not worth the paper they have been written on.

Good old gold has done what it has done for thousands of years, and will continue to do.

Don't sell your gold now, don't be stupid. The Sinclair gold price model hints at a price of $16,000 an ounce today if gold was to go back to ratios it has gone to before in the 1970s and 1980s. Don't listen to the "gold pays no dividend" morons, they don't understand what they are dealing with.

BIG JIM DESERVES SERIOUS RESPECT FOR SUCH A MASSIVE CALL OVER 10 YEARS AGO.

GOLDFINGER,CGNAO,SIRPIXEL8R, you guys should also be walking tall and broad for your TIRELESS endeavours to open the closed minds and naysayers into the reality that is now very apparent about what is coming down the pipe.

GOT GOLD. :rolleyes:

SINCLAIR LATEST:

My Dear Friends,

I am on the road again. This time it is to speak at the GATA conference in London Friday afternoon.

The key concept in the gold market is that it has in no way performed like a classic blow-off hyperbolic top.

The price travel between $1600 and $1764 is fraught with points of resistance. The price journey in the next chapter founded by the fundamental reasons by Alf Fields and Martin Armstrong will soon be shown as correct. They will be the predictors of merit.

There is no reason to drop or reduce your gold hedges.

There is as always good reason not to carry any margin in a protective gold spread. Gold will only gain in volatility that will frustrate the greed driven mad margin trader.

Two major chapters in the growth of gold to reserve currency of the people’s choice are completed.

The last chapter is still coming going into 2015 and will be spectacular.

I will be in touch with you from the airport and hotel. I hope to see you at the conference.

Respectfully,

Jim

http://www.jsmineset.com/

He was criticized because he missed it by few months. In fact, not only did gold reach 1650$

but, given the fact that the prediction was made in 2001, he could easily have missed it by 2-3 years.

he was extraordinarily close even in the timing of his prediction. 6 months in 10 years is equivalent to 5%.

Congratulations Mr Sinclair !!

Jim Sinclair was willing to bet a million dollars that gold would be at 1650 on a certain date because as a hyper-inflationist he thought gold would absolutely explode through that price before that date. He envisaged gold going through 1650 and never looking back.

Even if you were critical of Sinclair's hyper-inflationary prediction, this didn't have to mean that you thought gold wasn't going to increase in price. You may have thought that gold would increase at a steadier pace.... which is what happened. Given recent price history, gold could easily bob up and down the 1650 level for a good six months or so before spiking up to the next level

Notice how the price crept up to 1650 over a few years... minus the rockets. Seemed a bit of an anti-climax really as everyone had so much time to slowly got accustomed to the higher prices...

Sinclair latest:

1. There are no signs whatsoever of a top in the gold price.

2. When $1,650 was selected mathematically based on probabilities it was simply the first level off the bottom that might have offered a top. It has not.

3. The key number in the gold market is $1,764.

4. As gold approaches that number you can anticipate furious but very short price reactions.

5. Thursday and early today you may have witnessed the last great attempt of the Short Cabal to discredit gold shares.

6. Various member of the voluntary Short of Gold Shares Cabal are quietly looking towards the exit.

7. There are quite a few hedge funds now seeking quality gold share positions where the leverage might exceed the percentage leverage left in gold itself.

8. Dean Harry Schultz said that I should call him when gold trades at $2,400.

9. Stay near your phone my dear friend of more than 45 years, Dean Harry.

10. Alf Fields, a man a great integrity, went silent two years ago because he did not want to publish short term interim highs that might have lost gold positions for the less than fleet of foot. Before Alf went quiet he spoke of $3,000 plus. I believe Alf to be the man to watch, if he will speak.

11. The compromise crafted by the US Senate and House by which the debt ceiling was raised is the event that has broken confidence in US financial management internationally. History books will point that out as the low point of judgment in this entire drama.

12. As long as the good Lord permits me, I will be by your side. My job is not to pontificate but to identify resources for you. Every trade has two events. One is in and the other may be diversification. I dedicate myself to seeing that clearly for you. A virtual reserve currency is coming. You will not be able to own or trade that virtual reserve currency as you have been able with the dollar. Gold will be attached to that virtual reserve currency via a broad measure of world liquidity. It will be something akin to a planetary measure of liquidity as M3 was in the past for the dollar. That linkage, which is not convertibility, will translate into price, but no central bank of any nation will need to add to or delete from their then reserves.

The Goldmans of the world will invent OTC derivatives and maybe even a listed second derivative to speculate on word liquidity via the gold price. There will be no 1980 type collapse in the gold price. Over valuation which occurs in all bull markets might be by 20%. This will result in producing gold mining shares becoming the utilities of 2016 onward.

http://www.jsmineset.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who haven't got a copy, I highly recommend Jim Sinclair's 'A Pocketbook of Gold'.

A Pocketbook of Gold gives you, in one easy handbook, the reasons why you should own Gold, the timing of when you should own Gold, and the types of Gold you should (and shouldn't!) own. A Pocketbook of Gold also explains the true role of Gold in every individuals financial planning as well as Gold's place in the world monetary system. Its an all-in-one, carry-size Pocketbook that answers your questions and guides you through the world of Gold as a personal form of investment and financial insurance, in today's increasingly uncertain financial outlook. A Pocketbook of Gold is A Survival Manual for Monetary Mayhem.

You can order here - http://apocketbookofgold.com/

• 2 months later...

Alf Fields: "Once this correction has been completed, Intermediate Wave III of Major THREE will be underway. This should be the largest and strongest wave in the entire gold bull market. The target for this wave should be around $4,500 with only two 13% corrections on the way."

http://www.jsmineset.com/2011/11/14/keynote-speech-at-sydney-gold-symposium-14-15-november-2011-by-alf-field/

Alf Fields: "Once this correction has been completed, Intermediate Wave III of Major THREE will be underway. This should be the largest and strongest wave in the entire gold bull market. The target for this wave should be around $4,500 with only two 13% corrections on the way."

http://www.jsmineset.com/2011/11/14/keynote-speech-at-sydney-gold-symposium-14-15-november-2011-by-alf-field/

The whole speech is very interesting to read. The thing with the prophecy is fascinating too. (And I really see no reason why he or the priest should make this up.)

While I don't give too much credit to EWT, Fields' predictions line up with the fundamentals, in fact, from a more fundamental point of view, the Fields' estimates are on the (very) low end really.

The whole speech is very interesting to read. The thing with the prophecy is fascinating too. (And I really see no reason why he or the priest should make this up.)

While I don't give too much credit to EWT, Fields' predictions line up with the fundamentals, in fact, from a more fundamental point of view, the Fields' estimates are on the (very) low end really.

''I started forecasting the gold price using the Elliott Wave system. Here too I had to proceed slowly. I felt that I could not reveal my longer term forecast for the gold price because it was so bullish that I would be branded as a nut case.'' :rolleyes:

Archived