Sign in to follow this  
narco

ATM Run

Anyone stocked up on GBP notes this evening? B)

If GBP has a few more days like today, I'll be stocking up on tenners to use in the WC before long.

See, fiat does have *some* advantages over gold. You can't wipe your ass on a Krugerrand...

haha - took a wad of notes out on friday as I had just read CGNAO's urgent thread! paranoid or what?!

i think i'll buy some more cows.

If GBP has a few more days like today, I'll be stocking up on tenners to use in the WC before long.

See, fiat does have *some* advantages over gold. You can't wipe your ass on a Krugerrand...

PMSL!

I have been hoarding BoE notes for quite a while now.

I have gotten rid of all the funny BoS, RBS and Clydesdale notes. BoE notes are funny too, but the public are more deluded about them, so they're more willing swapping real things for them.

It's a joke. But I am not willing to use real money unless I really have to. So far, people take the funny paper. :lol:

I always keep enough spare cash on hand for at least one month's purchases.

Over the last week or so I sometimes felt like running to the ATM and withdrawing like crazy. But I managed to restrain myself so far. Maybe I should up the cash supply to 2 months' worth though. Or even better stock up on more food and stuff.

I always keep enough spare cash on hand for at least one month's purchases.

Over the last week or so I sometimes felt like running to the ATM and withdrawing like crazy. But I managed to restrain myself so far. Maybe I should up the cash supply to 2 months' worth though. Or even better stock up on more food and stuff.

Likewise have a couple of K of banknotes handy so that I can keep on top of things for a month or so without having to start swapping my real money for bits of paper or stuff that is actually useful. Have a very small food stash at present but starting to feel the pressure building for a car-filling Costco run.

ATMs would be empty within an hour so it's definately a good idea to have some banknotes in your possesion.

If banks go down hard tomorrow then things can turn quickly at the mere suggestion of a run starting. I'd guess that petrol stations would be empty and grocery stores ravaged in no time.

The Prime Minister of Finland has just said that Finland's financial insitutions are fundamentally sound. :(

They're also bemoaning the rejection of the US bailout. :angry:

That's it. I'm off to the ATM big time.

The prime minister repeated that the fundamentals of Finland's financial institutions were sound.

Mr Vanhanen said it was important for the US lawmakers to "adjust" their decision to reject the bailout package.

http://virtual.finland.fi/stt/showarticle....;group=Politics

I've been drawing cash out of the machine every morning for the past little while, quietly preparing. I notice that this morning (here in Germany) that the Dresdner Bank machine had a notice saying it will no longer allow withdrawls by the customers of its partner banks.

I have been hoarding BoE notes for quite a while now.

I have gotten rid of all the funny BoS, RBS and Clydesdale notes. BoE notes are funny too, but the public are more deluded about them, so they're more willing swapping real things for them.

It's a joke. But I am not willing to use real money unless I really have to. So far, people take the funny paper. :lol:

Been quietly swapping my old 20's for new over the summer ;) and ready to take delivery of my silver eagles Thursday :lol:

Far out! I have been so busy buying metal that I have next to no cash at the moment.

Never thought I would be in dire need of any. How bizarre. :blink:

Edit: Ahhh... that was my plan... can just sell a coin for cash if I need to.

Far out! I have been so busy buying metal that I have next to no cash at the moment.

Never thought I would be in dire need of any. How bizarre. :blink:

Edit: Ahhh... that was my plan... can just sell a coin for cash if I need to.

Same as me i have 300 quid in the Atm i might go down and take 290 quid out tonight, i will also get the wife to take all out of the credit union so we have a few wheelbarrows worth of money to buy a few tins of corn beef & spam quite nutritious if you don't smell it. :rolleyes: