UK House prices: News & Views

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I had to have a litle punt at what it is ............................Yellowstone!!!!?

You bought: Yellowstone National Park !!

I didn't know it was for sale.

I know JD is itching to dismiss what I 'know', but this was nearly two decades back and it was from a source beyond the tiresome limitations of 3D. I had other distractions at the time and these events were so far ahead that I thought I had not taken the info in. Wrong of course, it all comes back as triggered feelings.

Lots of small events, in themselves not significant, but add them all together and we have an unstoppable calamity for those convinced that one physical lifetime is all there is.

My partner showed me a copy of the forthcoming events at the back of Ann(e) Walker's book 'Little One'.

It felt similar, (sorry for the vagueness). It was this content that was said to have started the binge-lunching climate change conferences. Maybe that was when the 'elites' took notice, thinking they had inside info. It might also explain the credit binge, if you follow my drift?

If I rest I may dredge up more; though sending you mail about the events of the last 24 hours seems a greater priority.

Oh for a simple life. zzzzz

Interesting predictions from Ann Walker's book:

http://www.saveourearth.co.uk/soe_article.php?id=48

Major crop failures in England in 2012.

Gentlemen I hope you will forgive me bumping my own post but it was at the bottom of a page, and the only responder so far (thank you JD), understandably may have missed that my question was in deadly earnest.

Thank you

I think the '5 degree' you mention is to do with the increase in tilt of the earth's rotation axis and not temperature (if its in relation to Ann Walker's book).

Acadametrics data out.

0.2% MoM

-1.8% YoY

London skewing big time, North down >6% YoY.

Nice reporting though

U.K. House Prices Increase as Tax-Holiday Rush Boosts Demand for Property

:blink:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-09/u-k-house-prices-rise-most-in-four-months-acadametrics-says.html

Do people really rush out to buy a house to save 1% before the stamp duty deadline? (Which may well be extended in the budget anyway)

Or do they just wait for the deadline to pass, when the sellers will probably have to drop their price by the same as the stamp duty, and then negotiate another few % off instead?

Do people really rush out to buy a house to save 1% before the stamp duty deadline?

(Which may well be extended in the budget anyway)

I reckon that some do.

But you are right, they probably wind up over-paying by more than the 1% plus they could save by waiting

I think the '5 degree' you mention is to do with the increase in tilt of the earth's rotation axis and not temperature (if its in relation to Ann Walker's book).

Not sure. The Ann Walker info came to me much later.

Well done for finding it in the public domain.

I must just be old fashioned.

I don't want the world to crash and burn but I would like moral hazard to not be so openly encouraged.

In the current system it feels like crime pays.

Couldn't agree more, it IS crime and my old sig "you can't beat the system" was actually meant to reflect this (and the lengths that TPTB will go to in order to keep their lavish lifestyles).

Some took it the wrong way*, so I changed it.

Rant time.

I've said here many times that I think we've been witness to the biggest financial rip off in human history, and we are utterly powerless to do anything about it. Moral hazard has been eliminated for those at the top, and those beneath are left with the all the risk, and all the cost.

So what do you do? I really don't know. But I know what I would like to see start to happen.

The public (and small firms) are now under huge scrutiny when they want to borrow money, so I'd like to see that applied to everyone.

I would like to see CDS's and equivalents banned, now. Investment (or lending) HAS to carry some risk, and when that risk is taken away, people invest in stupid things (and lend to stupid people/countries) without doing due diligence.

I would like to see those that fiddled the system (making huge profits while all along knowing full well the eventual outcome) arrested and thrown in jail, with their huge fortunes confiscated.

I would like to see some of the banks go bust (no company should ever be allowed to become to big to fail, ever), with the bondholders and shareholders only getting any leftovers after the savers got their money back.

However, if any of these things ever come to pass, it has to be done in an orderly manner, or like it or not, we will all end up suffering/paying for it.

Rant over.

* Understandably in hindsight, as it didn't come with an explanation and even though in real life I am considered a bear (even known as Dr Doom), here, because I don't see the end of the world (at least not just yet) I am classed as a bull :D

Couldn't agree more, it IS crime and my old sig "you can't beat the system" was actually meant to reflect this (and the lengths that TPTB will go to in order to keep their lavish lifestyles).

Some took it the wrong way*, so I changed it.

Rant time.

I've said here many times that I think we've been witness to the biggest financial rip off in human history, and we are utterly powerless to do anything about it. Moral hazard has been eliminated for those at the top, and those beneath are left with the all the risk, and all the cost.

I would say that it's endemic throughout the UK's whole political and financial system, top to bottom, not just at the top.

At the bottom you have an overly generous benefits system that subsidizes lazy scroungers

In the middle you have the hopelessly overborrowed middle classes who continue to benefit from ZIRP and QE, and if they are still in trouble then they can just declare themselves bankrupt and have their record purged after a few years.

At the top you have the million-pound bonus City boys whose employer was saved by the government bailouts

Financial wreckleness and immorality knows no class or income divide.

In all cases the ones who pay will be the current and the unborn generations of this country. What a future our children have to look forward to.

CGNAO moves in mysterious ways.

I reckon he will pop in with a timely post, next time he sees volatility about to explode.

I haven't (yet) found any way to predict these forays.

Tories scheming again - this time helping the middle class (according to the Telegraph), and oh yes council houses to be sold at an even greater discount.

They really are no better than Labour! Cretins.

Front page today: www.telegraph.co.uk

CGNAO moves in mysterious ways.

I haven't (yet) found any way to predict these forays.

I will ask my pendulum :)

To sash777. Keep an eye on the savings forum of mse. He updated a thread there last year iirc.

I would say that it's endemic throughout the UK's whole political and financial system, top to bottom, not just at the top.

At the bottom you have an overly generous benefits system that subsidizes lazy scroungers

In the middle you have the hopelessly overborrowed middle classes who continue to benefit from ZIRP and QE, and if they are still in trouble then they can just declare themselves bankrupt and have their record purged after a few years.

At the top you have the million-pound bonus City boys whose employer was saved by the government bailouts

Financial wreckleness and immorality knows no class or income divide.

Agree on the general gist, but not sure it was the fault of the masses.

Yep, any system where it is easier (or actually financially more beneficial) not to work, than to work, is obviously stupid, but that was not put in place by the bottom, but rather the politicians at the top (although some clearly exploit it).

The over borrowed middle, I would say, relates more to my point about the lenders not doing due diligence on those they lend to, while still collecting their fat bonus cheques for signing up these borrowers, who, in a proper system, would never have been lent the money in the first place**, so once again, I blame the top (this time the lenders).

**as it was supposed to be under the system we used to have, where the lender (and share holders/bond holders) would have been liable for any losses incurred (rather than the taxpayer, as it turned out).

There must be some risk with any investment, otherwise there is nothing to stop the craziness.

In all cases the ones who pay will be the current and the unborn generations of this country. What a future our children have to look forward to.

100% correct.

Yep, any system where it is easier (or actually financially more beneficial) not to work, than to work, is obviously stupid, but that was not put in place by the bottom, but rather the politicians at the top (although some clearly exploit it).

Those who take from the system keep voting for politicians that promise them more.

They think it is a gift from the state, and fail to realise someone else pays for it.

Those who take from the system keep voting for politicians that promise them more.

They think it is a gift from the state, and fail to realise someone else pays for it.

Yep.

Although, IIRC, areas with loads on benefits tend to have one of the lowest turnouts when it comes to voting. It's not like they don't have the time :unsure:

So I blame those politicians again.

Background Information to the New Buy Scheme starting 12 March 2012

Under the NewBuy Scheme, many of the lenders signed up to the scheme will offer a mortgage up to 95% of the value of the property. Builders will contribute 3.5% of the sale price of a new build property into an indemnity fund which will be administered by Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT). The builder’s contribution will sit in a cell for up to seven years, at which point it will be returned to the builder. In addition to the fund provided by the builder, the Government will provide a further 5.5% of each sale price as a guarantee.

In the event that the property is repossessed and the lender suffers a loss, they will first seek to recover losses from the borrower’s deposit, followed by the builders’ indemnity fund, then the Government guarantee.

The Government will support the scheme up to 100,000 transactions or a maximum liability of £1billion and it will run for up to three years (just in time for 2015 election).

ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHEME

The following criteria apply:

· New build houses or flats, being sold as residential properties for the first time or for the first time in the current form. This would include unsold new build stock, housing association new build developments for the open market, conversions, refurbishments and renovations.

· No shared ownership or shared equity

· No buy to let or second homes

· Property value up to £500,000

· No incentives allowed

· England only

· Borrower is either a UK citizen or has indefinite leave to remain

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"></B>

'UK citizen'? Has there been an upgrade?

Plenty of UK Citizens in HK.

So they might like that

Interesting predictions from Ann Walker's book:

http://www.saveourearth.co.uk/soe_article.php?id=48

Major crop failures in England in 2012.

Apparently this'll only affect 'England'.

So I'll move back to Wales then...And buy a mountain

XX

One must know one's place..... for true harmony :rolleyes:

IMHO this new fangled citizenship is a step too far.

Being a subject of the german tenant, with herself owning everything you thought was yours (except for the liabilities), was fine by me.

Just being born in Trumpton is surely privilege enough?

IMHO this new fangled citizenship is a step too far.

Being a subject of the german tenant, with herself owning everything you thought was yours (except for the liabilities), was fine by me.

Just being born in Trumpton is surely privilege enough?

Indeed, considering all the other places in the world to be born, it aint so bad :rolleyes: .

Decline in UK house price eases in February - RICS

LONDON (Reuters) - British house prices fell at their slowest pace since July 2010 last month, and surveyors expect prices to stabilise in the coming months as the economic outlook brightens, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said on Tuesday. The value of British houses fell sharply at the start of the financial crisis and has been generally stagnant since then, with transaction volumes about half that before the crisis due to a lack of mortgage finance and uncertainty over jobs.

/more: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/decline-uk-house-price-eases-february-rics-034238038.html

Surveyors' expectations for house prices over the coming three months jumped to zero from -14, the highest reading since May 2010.

This is partly due to first-time buyers seeking to take advantage of a tax break on home purchases before it expires on March 24, but surveyors also said much of the rise in sentiment was more durable, their professional body said