Jinshan's Targets

We heard in the recent CWR interview that Jinshan now access to a lot of cheap Chinese capital and they will be looking to make a significant acquisition this year. They have a list of targets, but who are they?

- We know they will be looking to acquire a mine or company that is in or close to production.

- That company will be outside China, but in Asia.

- Will likely be a mine or company bigger than Jinshan with a resource of 5 million ounces or more.

Who could it be?

Let's think. there can't be that many.

Avocet?

We heard in the recent CWR interview that Jinshan now access to a lot of cheap Chinese capital and they will be looking to make a significant acquisition this year. They have a list of targets, but who are they?

- We know they will be looking to acquire a mine or company that is in or close to production.

- That company will be outside China, but in Asia.

- Will likely be a mine or company bigger than Jinshan with a resource of 5 million ounces or more.

Who could it be?

Let's think. there can't be that many.

Avocet?

Monument

CGA

Philex

Medusa

kingsgate

some are a little small and others have a few issues. Avocett still the best bet

They might take a look at Griffin Mining, but:

+ The Zinc focus may put them off, and

+ Griffin is involved already in a friendly takeover of Yukon Zinc

Jinshan's share porice dropped quite sharply yesterday

• 2 weeks later...
I see it as a reasonable buy below $2.50. However, if gold continues to correct so will Jinshan. If you can pick it up below $2, that is excellent.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye on it. In the meantime, I need to open an account where I can buy on foreign exchanges! Any recs besides Interactive Brokers?

Newcrest

Oxiana ?

Newcrest

Oxiana ?

Are those your mining recs? I was asking for an online broker, but I'll take your favorite picks any day :)

Wow, Oxiana is absolutely huge, aren't they? Very stable price. I see they've been busy acquiring....is there much growth potential, or would you say this is more of a short-term trade?

Are those your mining recs? I was asking for an online broker, but I'll take your favorite picks any day :)

Wow, Oxiana is absolutely huge, aren't they? Very stable price. I see they've been busy acquiring....is there much growth potential, or would you say this is more of a short-term trade?

Not my picks, just ideas of possible Jinshan targets.

Oxiana has loads of copper, but with more gold, the copper might get lost.

I owned it years ago, from 10 cents. But do not own it now

Archived