• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Hmmm, the tumble weed is blowing and almost only the gold bashers (aka eternal major downturn expecters) are left over (at least on the other threads).

It seems 24Knews has been quite a drain on GEI so far. Soon I'm going to be the only gold bull left standing. :lol: At least that gives me that feeling of really being right (contrarian yaddayadda).

Keep the faith. I'm a poor man, but I don't trust the system any more. I've bought another eight sovereigns today – as a regular buyer I've negotiated a discount with a local auctioneer who does house clearances and seems to have gold coins every month: it's amazing how many old people have them stashed away.

:) I doubt it. For myself, I think I'm going to buy as soon as the next tranche of fiat cash arrives in my account.

Something for Christmas.

BLUE NUN GOLD EDITION SPARKLING WINE

Gold Edition is a high quality sparkling wine, with a full, rounded flavour. Light and elegant in style, what makes it really distinctive is that it contains fine flakes of 22-carat gold leaf, designed to highlight its natural effervescence. A great apéritif or accompaniment for light meals and hors d’oeuvres, this is the perfect wine for celebrations and special occasions. For life’s golden moments.

bottle_BN_GoldEdition_750_430.jpg

http://www.bluenunwines.com/bn/indexScript...ldSparkling.htm

Could this be the reason? Some geo-political jiggery-pokery?

Are U.S. and China Together on Gold?

While many precious metals bulls have been insisting for months that China is gold and silver's greatest ally, we saw first-hand last week exactly how capable the Chinese are of pulling a rabbit out of a hat when need be. Much of the finger wagging for the recent decline in the price of gold - as usual - has been directed towards those dastardly Americans. This time around, the gold bull's disdain had to do with the recent US jobs report on December 4. Yes, the numbers - which are unquestionably fabricated - had an impact on the precious metal markets; nevertheless, those gold bulls who insist upon using the adage of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil," where China is concerned are fooling themselves and living in a sugar-coated dream world.

A full two days ahead of the jobs report, Chinese officials called gold's recent surge a "speculative frenzy." Yet, it is the jobs data that bears the brunt of the blame for gold's pullback. China had nothing whatsoever to do with this? Since when did they become our friend? Furthermore, how do we know the U.S. and China didn't act in unison here? A little of the "I'll-scratch-your back, you-scratch-mine," thing between old friends...

gold%20chart12-16.jpg

http://news.goldseek.com/RickAckerman/1261033260.php

The expectation is the USD (>77) is in a counter trend rally and is expected to last a few weeks with a possible downside of between 10-15%, hold off until Jan 10th.

ON CID the deadline is tommorow....

otherwise the next purchase will be around Jan 10th....

Whats the usual pattern.. end of year lows then upwards ?

Taxi ride today in Auckland New Zealand

Taxi driver tuned into one of the talkback stations that runs spruiking advertorials.

leveraged gold investment ad caught my ear. Spend $10,000 and get leverage to 30,000 worth of gold. Yada Yada Yada.

Sounds like its getting bubblicious

Taxi ride today in Auckland New Zealand

Taxi driver tuned into one of the talkback stations that runs spruiking advertorials.

leveraged gold investment ad caught my ear. Spend $10,000 and get leverage to 30,000 worth of gold. Yada Yada Yada.

Sounds like its getting bubblicious

Public awareness has to start sometime.

Very much at the beginning still in my opinion.

Thanks for that interesting anecdote.

gold1100.gif

Gold heading back below 1100. If the dollar can continue to strengthen over the next month or two, we could well see gold eventually testing the 900 handle. Looks like a good healthy correction to shake out some of the weaker hands, before going onto new heights no doubt. Will be interesting to see how low silver can dip.

The decline is more pronounced in the US dollar than other currencies such as Sterling, Euro and Aussie suggesting that dollars are the best currency to wait in for lower prices. For myself, I'll buy silver on the dip, then swap to gold on a favourable gold/silver ratio.

goldausUS.gif