try "limitless" for size.

You have a recent habit of popping up and restoring clarity

:lol:

Now about that state of terror you are experiencing that requires you to bend over when there is no state? So there is no state and you bend anyway? As i said before why do you bend so easily and enthusiasticly if nothing exists to require you to bend?

The rest of us bend because of reality.

Will you join us now or resist us?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

You can't have a nice debate on this forum anymore.

I think I'll leave.

Dr Bubb - please can you delete my i.d.

Thankyou.

I would stongly urge you to reconsider.

the reason A&K resorts to ad hominems, strawmen, false dichotomies, confrontation, personal insults etc is because he cannot backup what he is posting with facts, evidence, logic etc.

i.e. what he posts is wrong.

I understand your frustration that responding to his posts is less about economics and more about trying not to get caught up in his diversionary tactics, but that is useful skillset for you to learn in itself, and one which will no doubt be useful when you meet such people face to face from time to time.

you can learn a lot from A&K :)

Fair enough, maybe we should have one of these to sort it out. I think the lady in blue is definitely an inflationist... :rolleyes:

Well, whenever we present our opinions they tend to come across as "facts".... this is just the nature of argument. I am sure you would agree that arguments for hyper-inflation also comes across as a "fact". I always try to make it clear that my opinion is theoretical and not a dogma... that I could be wrong. I think this is an important point, that we should be pragmatic about our opinions and only hold them as provisionally true until future experience either corroborates or falsifies them. I also put the principle of uncertainty at the centre of my investment strategy.

I would be the first to admit that hyper-inflation is a possibility... but I think it is also unlikely.

Remember bars will need assaying, coins will not. IMO you have to ask yourself, how bad is it going to get and how easily must it be to sell my gold when I need to.

If your motive for buying is as an inflation hedge then "gold is gold is gold" so go for the physical form that you are interested in and go for the version that gives you the most gold for your money.

Fair enough, maybe we should have one of these to sort it out. I think the lady in blue is definitely an inflationist... :rolleyes:

You missed my point. Dogmatic certainty leads to scrapping. It's when we see our ideas as limited and uncertain, and take them with a pinch of salt, that we end up with progress.

The lady in blue probably has an unfair advantage with gold bars in her bag. :P

I would stongly urge you to reconsider.

the reason A&K resorts to ad hominems, strawmen, false dichotomies, confrontation, personal insults etc is because he cannot backup what he is posting with facts, evidence, logic etc.

i.e. what he posts is wrong.

I understand your frustration that responding to his posts is less about economics and more about trying not to get caught up in his diversionary tactics, but that is useful skillset for you to learn in itself, and one which will no doubt be useful when you meet such people face to face from time to time.

you can learn a lot from A&K :)

I am sure this is some kind of strawman argument? Or is it adhomiem?

Either way you attack me and keep attacking me with this kind of comment while providing zero evidence to support your attack.

When and if you meet me. You will realise i am just a person who does not agree with you.

You may think i am wrong

I think you are wrong sometimes

Sometimes i think you work for psy ops to ensure nothing about banking ever sees the light of day in any way that can be understood by any ordinary person.

It could be we just happen to share an interest in banking for one reason or another as we both seem to have spent some time attempting to learn more about it.

Seems to me that you like your opinion to be facts and mine to be wrong. And this silly way of argument permeates most of our conversation.

I think I'll leave.

Thankyou.

HAM,

I haven't included you on that list at t'other place (I assumed you would know without being asked)......you obviously know you are welcome (as is RK also ;) )

I think I probably have missed a few posters off actually.......

for the lionk check out my last reply to Aliveandkicking on the 'infamous' ;) clawing at the sky thread. :)

I think I'll leave.

Thankyou.

You can put other posters on ignore. Go to their profile and somewhere on the left-hand menu is a button "Ignore this user" or something like that.

That way their texts do not appear to you but you can open with a click if you want.

Some here who are gloating that the POG dropped 100USD are doomed to poverty unless they change their mind-set.

Cheap money is now being gambled on commodities, the stock market - and a little into gold and some of those playing the zero-sum game, sell, 'lock in profits' and look for the next game. All the while not understanding that while the 'profit' they took in fiat is still a medium of exchange, its function as a store of wealth is disappearing fast.

When the next wave of speculative money goes into gold, it may go to 1600 - and then to 800 as the money goes out again - this will probably repeat a few times with ever increasing hysteria as speculators try to compensate for the fact that faith in the currency as a store of wealth is failing by ever more reckless gambling. I hear the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange was going like the clappers towards the end.

For those that claim that profit could be used to buy assets - I agree but actually buying assets and comforting yourself that you could buy assets if you wanted to but prefer to have another gamble are not quite the same thing.

Message to hotairmail:-

Please stay on the forum.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm sure if all you guys were sitting down with a beer or three in your hand you would be disagreeing over the detail amicably.

Come on HAM, it's just the usual problem of internet forums, we can't read each other's body language & thus misinterpretation abounds.

I know I don't post very often but I hope you all know how appreciated you all are.

Reality is alive & well here, & it is so refreshing.

Good point. I like to draw a distinction between base money and then the [real] money supply..... which has to be something that is actually supplied to the real economy.

OK people, can you please consider this point? :)

This is still not so clear

For example in the UK we are told base money in 50's has increased by a total of 200 million pounds. But we are also told that base money as electronic reserves has increased by 200 billion pounds.

We are told that people are hoarding 50's and fewer of them are moving around or something like this

And we also know i think that the 200 billion is not moving around much either.

I don't want to visit that site. What is a BOB?

The article says "bolt out the blue".

Dollar Fear Trumps Greed in Guarding Against Rebound (Update2)

By Liz "Elizabeth" Capo McCormick

Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Traders in the $3.2-trillion-a-day foreign-exchange market are paying the highest prices in more than a year to protect against a sudden rebound in the dollar after its worst annual performance since 2003.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...tfpcU&pos=4

A&K have you ever agreed with anyone that goes against your VI bullshit?

You are nothing but a complete virtual knob jockey IMO (and money others I expect).

The amount of time you spend on 'Gold thread' when your so negative about it...WTF!??

You are forcing others away from this site (probably intentionally).

A&K have you ever agreed with anyone that goes against your VI bullshit?

You are nothing but a complete virtual knob jockey IMO (and money others I expect).

The amount of time you spend on 'Gold thread' when your so negative about it...WTF!??

You are forcing others away from this site (probably intentionally).

So it now official that unless you are ramping gold that you are not allowed to post here?

:lol:

I wonder how many posters have been driven away by that kind of mind numbing stupidity