• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Nothing goes up in a straight line. Anyone anticipating a pullback ?

Of course - all the time

But with no overhead resistance on the chart it's less clear where it will be - you only have round numbers and measured move objectives as a guide e.g. inverse H + S projection at $1300

I am expecting if there is a pullback it will only be for less than a week. IMO there is a commercial signal failure going on the spec shorts are being forced to cover, which will lead to the cartel being in a position where they can't make good on their positions. So expect there to be more delivery problems going forward.

Bill Murphy explains things a lot better in this post.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=143528

Hello

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been reading on GEI and elsewhere about a potential Commercial Signal Failure in the gold market and as a newbie I'm a little confused. Forgive me if this is a stupid question but given that a lot of big players like JPM and HSBC are the ones with the gold shorts, who's the equivalent power on the other side that's likely to be able to push a CSF into happening by demanding physical delivery? What would the benefit to them be (obviously: higher gold prices) compared to the potential downside - an enormous economic meltdown. What impact would the unravelling of the paper gold market have on the wider economy in the US in particular?

I see lots of PM fans cheerleading a CSF but wonder how messy it would be... Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Sovereign funds/central banks, high net worth indviduals, and hedgefunds might stand for delivery. The benefit is to not hold paper currency which gets churned out by the printing presses at an ever increasing speed which makes it a losing bet to hold. A failure in the gold/silver market will go unnoticed by the majority of the world populace, but some will profit from it big time.

Thanks GF.

But this is why it's surprising (to me at least) that the vampire squid etc should be on the wrong end of the deal...

Good observation. Most likely the "octopus" will fix the price of gold by fixing currencies to it. Those holding gold will still do well with gold stabilized currencies and deflating asset prices.

Hello

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been reading on GEI and elsewhere about a potential Commercial Signal Failure in the gold market and as a newbie I'm a little confused. Forgive me if this is a stupid question but given that a lot of big players like JPM and HSBC are the ones with the gold shorts, who's the equivalent power on the other side that's likely to be able to push a CSF into happening by demanding physical delivery? What would the benefit to them be (obviously: higher gold prices) compared to the potential downside - an enormous economic meltdown. What impact would the unravelling of the paper gold market have on the wider economy in the US in particular?

I see lots of PM fans cheerleading a CSF but wonder how messy it would be... Any thoughts?

The cartel illegal short position in Silver is actually worse than in Gold, JP Morgan are currently over 200 Million Ounces short of silver. The power on the other side of this is anyone who has been buying physical silver, which is plenty of different types of people from countries, hedge funds to men in the street.

The cartel have been milking the system for years, dealers have been making money by just following what they do. In a commercial signal failure the dealers start to realise that there is a CSF happening and start to cover. This then leaves the big cartel shorts holding out on there own. The gold and silver markets are very small in the grand scheme of things, so even if it blows up the result is hardly going to bring the enormous economic meltdown you are referring to. I am sure all that would happen is they would just carry on printing to paper over the problem as they have been doing up until now. Bring on an end to the government manipulation of the gold and silver markets.

"Two powerful forces, paper money and gold, are now locked in mortal combat. The combatants, however, are proxies for far more fundamental forces. Paper money is a proxy for private banking and government power—and gold is a proxy for freedom."

Scary! :o

Everybody should listen to this. Direct link to mp3 page:

http://libertyarchives.com/farlive/FS2_WED.MP3

He talks about them 'devaluing the dollar' but doesn't explain how they could even do that. The exchange value of the dollar is entirely controlled by the market, not the Fed or the US Government.

Of course they could intervene in the market but how exactly? The Fed is already backed into a corner in terms of a potential audit and the government is flat broke.

<_<

He talks about them 'devaluing the dollar' but doesn't explain how they could even do that. The exchange value of the dollar is entirely controlled by the market, not the Fed or the US Government.

Of course the FED and government have control over the value of the dollar. They control the printing press which issues dollars, the more they issue the lower the value of the dollar. They will keep rates low and will QE their own debt which means the dollar will go lower. They don't have an option really, they wouldn't be able to afford the interest payments on their 12 trillion if the put rates up.

Apparently not:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=142982

....t a lot of big players like JPM and HSBC are the ones with the gold shorts..

JP Morgan are currently over 200 Million Ounces short of silver

Perhaps if gold hits £8k/oz and silver explodes, GF & Pixel8r would be able to help JPM out a bit?? ;)

What do people think, gold through $1200 today?

I don't think we can do it this week.

A breather will be healthy for us, if we stay arround the 1170-1180 level then next week could be good for the long term. It will hopefully allow all those on the sidelines or those that locked in profits to get back onboard again.

I don't think we are anywhere near the top on this run in gold, because silver is yet to show itself. Gold tops always seems to come with a spike in the silver price and that is yet to happen.

Thinking of having a play with a double long silver ETF, only with cash I could lose I should add.

Ice has been broken : $1.4988 / 90 ! (see FBB podcast thread)

And this could be a very important reversal.

Yesterday's rally in Euro, drop in the Dollar may have been a "false break", as I suspected.

FTSE is down big: -5203.16 Change: -161.65 / Percent Change: -3.01%

A big move

Ice has been broken : $1.4988 / 90 ! (see FBB podcast thread)

And this could be a very important reversal.

Yesterday's rally in Euro, drop in the Dollar may have been a "false break", as I suspected.

FTSE is down big: -5203.16 Change: -161.65 / Percent Change: -3.01%

A big move

They are desperately trying to save the international monetary system, but they can't.

This is 100% correct and is all you need to know. All else is spin and noise.

They are desperately trying to save the international monetary system, but they can't.

Sure.

This must have been planned.

The dollar was pushed to fresh lows, getting everyone short going into the holiday,

so they could "mug" the market on one of the quietest holidays of the year.

Maybe Timmy is more clever than they gave him credit for. Perhaps he wants to keep his job?

QUOTE (cgnao @ Nov 27 2009, 12:42 AM)

Wow, that CGNAO has always been ahead of the game, he's even posting from tomorrow morning now!

Special offer on 1oz Britannia coins at Weighton

2003 1oz Gold BRITANNIA - Helmeted Design - LAST BATCH

We have a limted quantity (40) of the 2003 1oz Gold BRITANNIA coins, and these will probably be the last of these we will see in a quantity. These are available to purchase at a FIXED price of only £749.00 - THAT IS ONLY 4% over the spot gold price. This price is limited to our last batch, and will only be available at this price until the 1st December 2009. After this date, if still available they will revert back to our usual price of 12% over spot gold - currently £799.00 each.

If anyone is interested.