You can't beat a bit of rage against the machine and a nice cup of tea, can you?

Quite like a bit of Senser myself...not sure how to embed a you tube vid tho. hey ho.

I am tireless, sub zero, comin' from the wireless

Won't be no scenery, no part of the machinery

I go on and on, but never below,

So now you see me and know

You can check it and go

'Cause I'm so bored

That I can't even pretend no more,

It's so pathetic that I'm rolling around on the floor

Laughing at one big gag

And every now and then they pull another rabbit out of the bag

of sad diversions, useless tedious excursions,

Roll into unrealistic, crypto-fascistic,

Comedy doctrine, kick the ballistics

Again and again and again, just say when

Ya had enough, sad enough or mad enough

To do something simple and kind,

Now is the time

A change of state of mind.

I am a loner, a zoner. I utilize the microphone

And if they try a tap I leave 'em hangin' on the telephone.

They're wasted, so wasted, so

They're waiting for the visitors so they can go and try again

On the next step, on the next one.

Come on and get some, jet some, static, solid-state, automatic.

Sporadic and random - 'cause nobody planned 'em.

Anarchy, free thought can't be bought,

So disregard the lessons and the shit you've been taught.

I'm saying it and now they're playing it to me

Larger than life every day and this is what they say:

Shut your mouth and get back in line

And if you don't like it -

Well it suits us just fine.

We pull the levers

We hold the strings

And these are just a few of our favourite things.

Learn the words of the company song

"White is right is right is strong".

Come on children all sing along

'Cause if you think you can change

You were never more wrong.

No f*ck that - you won't take me

You won't break me and you'll never make me

Step in line or step march in time.

Well you can violate my body but my soul is still mine.

You must think that I'm f*cking stupid, man,

If you think I'm gonna hang with the program,

Some fool schedule.

I don't give a sh*t about

What is or what isn't cool.

I make the rules, I stand alone

And if they try a tap I leave 'em hangin' on the telephone.

One of these days I'm gonna get sectioned,

I bet they even say it's for my own protection.

Rejection leads straight to correction.

Look out, here comes a strange injection

They've got a drug to numb my erection,

But they won't take this from me:

My state of mnd.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Since we are on a music tip tonight, here's a bit of Dizzie rapping about the credit crunch.

from another one of the good guys

LINK

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine

Staying home to watch the rain

And you are young and life is long

And there is time to kill today

And then one day you find

Ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run

You missed the starting gun

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking

Racing around to come up behind you again

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death Pink Floyd – Time

America has frittered away ten years. Americans missed the starting gun. If you had prepared for the Crisis and it hadn’t touched you personally, the loss of material satisfaction would have been a minor inconvenience. Strauss & Howe describe the implications of not preparing:

“If you haven’t prepared, you will have put much at risk. History warns that saecular winters can be searing times for everyone, especially for those who are caught entirely by surprise. No matter what your age, sex, income, race, family status, or line of work, sensible choices today could help you avoid truly desperate choices in the Fourth Turning.”

The sad truth is that the nation and most of its citizens did the exact opposite of what Strauss and Howe recommended in 1997. The nation and its people are now destined to experience a terrible winter on par with the Civil War and World War II, with no safety net. The politicians driving the country into this Crisis period continue to think linearly and will be blindsided as the Crisis deepens. Politicians in Washington continue to do business as usual, passing laws and programs that will only worsen the Crisis. Every prior Fourth Turning has seen a Grey Champion Prophet figure appear on the scene to lead the country through the storm. Washington, Lincoln, and FDR proved their mettle in times of extreme danger. Barack Obama is not today’s Grey Champion. He will be cast aside in 2012. A Boomer leader must arise to lead the country through the difficult days ahead.

With a National Debt projected to reach $25 trillion by 2019, a government that has promised Boomers $100 trillion more than it can deliver, the end of the cheap oil age, looming resource wars, and nuclear proliferation, it is hard to fathom a happy ending to this Crisis. We appear to be hurtling towards the abyss and no one in charge seems capable of averting disaster. Americans need to understand the danger that is approaching. The final outcomes of this Crisis range from Armageddon to a restoration of the American Republic. The final pages of the Fourth Turning are truly frightening. The possibilities according to Strauss & Howe are:

* The next Fourth Turning could mark the end of man. It could be an omnicidal Armageddon, destroying everything, leaving nothing.

* The Fourth Turning could mark the end of modernity.

* The Fourth Turning could spare modernity but mark the end of our nation.

* Or the Fourth Turning could simply mark the end of the Millennial Saeculum. Mankind, modernity, and America would all persevere. Afterward, there would be a new High.

Several months ago my University repaved the walkway leading to my building. Along with the new bricks they placed stones within the walkway with words of wisdom from Ben Franklin. Every morning I walk across the same words and ponder their significance.

“Lost Time, is never found again.”

The nation and its citizens have not made good use of our time. We have entered this Crisis severely weakened and vulnerable. Our appalling fiscal choices and failure to address the coming energy crisis have set us up for a calamity of epic proportions. The linear status quo statists argue that our ingenuity and technological prowess will save the day. They ignore the fact that our best and brightest have spent the last three decades focused on creating financial weapons of mass destruction, pilotless drones that make war as easy as playing on your PS3, improving the distribution chain for aerosol cheese, and inventing the drive thru fast food window. The corporate fascists who have Congress in their back pockets, supported by the Federal Reserve and the banking cartel, have raped and pillaged America to the point that there is nothing left for the middle class. The ruling elite have no intentions of relinquishing their wealth or control without a fight.

I’m just an average guy who has lived his whole life in suburban America. I’m the guy at the little league baseball field and the local ice hockey rink cheering my sons on. I shop at Wal-Mart and I take my family to the Jersey shore on vacation. I decorate my house with multitudes of Christmas lights every year after I untangle the ball from the previous year. I’m an average guy who is also a wide eyed realist. My heart and my mind tell me that our leaders have failed us mightily. The next 15 years will be full of pain, suffering and angst. In the previous two Crisis periods, America entered with the moral high ground. The Civil War was ultimately seen as a moral war to free the slaves. World War II was fought against evil Nazis and Fascists. I fear that America’s next Great War will be fought for oil. The shortsighted narrow-minded morons who have controlled our nation will try to cover-up their epic failures by falsifying the reasons for war. I have said this once in a previous article. I will not sacrifice my sons for oil. That is not a cause worth fighting for. Hell no, they won’t go.

I do not believe Americans will fall into line behind a leader whose cause is fighting to secure some other country’s oil. I do believe that the credibility and honesty of our politician leaders has been destroyed through their own corrupt immoral actions. A splintering of the country into competing factions and/or regions is a distinct possibility. There is precious little time left, as the howling blizzard gains strength. You will need to hunker down for a long hard winter. Build close relationships, protect your family at all costs, don’t trust government officials, don’t expect the government to honor any fiscal promises, don’t trust the mainstream media, learn to live locally, buy a gun, buy some gold and silver, and be prepared to fight for the truth.

I loved the quote about the central bankers sewing gold into their suits...

Has MSM woken up?

Maybe time for some music with lyrics?

Come on!

Uggh!

Come on, although ya try to discredit

Ya still never edit

The needle, I'll thread it

Radically poetic

Standin' with the fury that they had in '66

And like E-Double I'm mad

Still knee-deep in the system's shit

Hoover, he was a body remover

I'll give ya a dose

But it'll never come close

To the rage built up inside of me

Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy

Movements come and movements go

Leaders speak, movements cease

When their heads are flown

'Cause all these punks

Got bullets in their heads

Departments of police, the judges, the feds

Networks at work, keepin' people calm

You know they went after King

When he spoke out on Vietnam

He turned the power to the have-nots

And then came the shot

Yeah!

Yeah, back in this...

Wit' poetry, my mind I flex

Flip like Wilson, vocals never lackin' dat finesse

Whadda I got to, whadda I got to do to wake ya up

To shake ya up, to break the structure up

'Cause blood still flows in the gutter

I'm like takin' photos

Mad boy kicks open the shutter

Set the groove

Then stick and move like I was Cassius

Rep the stutter step

Then bomb a left upon the fascists

Yea, the several federal men

Who pulled schemes on the dream

And put it to an end

Ya better beware

Of retribution with mind war

20/20 visions and murals with metaphors

Networks at work, keepin' people calm

Ya know they murdered X

And tried to blame it on Islam

He turned the power to the have-nots

And then came the shot

Uggh!

What was the price on his head?

What was the price on his head!

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard a shot

I think I heard, I think I heard a shot

'He may be a real contender for this position should he

abandon his supposed obediance to white liberal doctrine

of non-violence...and embrace black nationalism'

'Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to

pinpoint potential trouble-makers...And neutralize them,

neutralize them, neutralize them'

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

How long? Not long, cause what you reap is what you sow

I'm lovin lovin it lovin it lovin it like that SIR FWIW!!!!!!

I'm lovin lovin it lovin it lovin it like that SIR FWIW!!!!!!

reminded me of these press ups

but also Capital is like water - it flows where it is easiest - away from regulations, taxes, malinvestments. It continues to flow east and those in charge are making it worse. If the state becomes even more overbearing it will head underground (and it already is doing)

reminded me of these press ups

but also Capital is like water - it flows where it is easiest - away from regulations, taxes, malinvestments. It continues to flow east and those in charge are making it worse. If the state becomes even more overbearing it will head underground (and it already is doing)

Absolute top quality that low rent

i think some people on GEI

need 5 minutes with bruce to wake them up.!!!!

Then again the way he takes down that king pin in 'Enter the dragon 'would probably still not be enough. :lol::lol::lol:

AAAAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHHHHAAAAAA

You have offended my family and the shaolin temple. :lol::lol::lol:

lowrent ......how does that work in practice?

capital flight

higher taxes - which are planned

more regulations

capital controls - already happening

capital will flow like water and take the easiest path - which is East

or possibly underground if there is no safe haven and this will result in a dramatic reduction in trade and wealth

Absolute top quality that low rent

i think some people on GEI

need 5 minutes with bruce to wake them up.!!!!

Then again the way he takes down that king pin in 'Enter the dragon 'would probably still not be enough. :lol::lol::lol:

AAAAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHHHHAAAAAA

You have offended my family and the shaolin temple. :lol::lol::lol:

just been trying to find a clip of him taking a coin from someones hand and replacing it with a dime (thinking maybe people at the COMEX need to be as quick)

and found this

Go and watch 'Holly-wood' latest flick 2o12 'They are still creating the magic' replace the catastrophic destruction of the physical world with the real catastrophic destruction of the economy and you will interpret it correctly.Its all in there.

“Gold is not an ‘investment’. It is money.”

Tuesday, 24. November 2009

Gold market authority James Turk talks in an exclusive interview for MMNews about the demise of the US-Dollar, correlations between gold and oil, Germany’s gold reserves and the plan for a global single currency.

Well, if you are referring to the US stock market, I expect it to go higher. It is not rising because of good economic conditions. Instead, it is rising simply because too many dollars are being created and they have to end up somewhere. So a logical place for them is the stock market.

For example, I travel quite a bit and meet people all over the world. There is a point of view by some – particularly in Asia and the Middle East – that they would rather own $1 million of copper than have $1 million sitting in a bank account. They reason that the copper can always be used in some factory application. It is a tangible asset and does not have counterparty risk. In contrast, money on deposit in a bank does have counterparty risk, and the interest income one receives today on that deposit is next to zero, which is not enough to offset the risks. So carry this logic one step further. In addition to buying physical copper people are buying the stocks of copper miners, plus with some of these companies one can earn a dividend greater than the interest income from a bank account. So as long as the Federal Reserve continues its present policies, we can expect the stock market to continue going higher.

capital flight

higher taxes - which are planned

more regulations

capital controls - already happening

capital will flow like water and take the easiest path - which is East

or possibly underground if there is no safe haven and this will result in a dramatic reduction in trade and wealth

The script for 2o12 and i bet you have not even seen it yet low rent have you??

“Gold is not an ‘investment’. It is money.”

Tuesday, 24. November 2009

Gold market authority James Turk talks in an exclusive interview for MMNews about the demise of the US-Dollar, correlations between gold and oil, Germany’s gold reserves and the plan for a global single currency.

nice that we get a mention

which of the three currencies to have a crisis first

It is my view that right now we are in the eye of the hurricane. I expect the second half of the storm to hit in 2010, but it will be much worse. Not only will the creditworthiness of banks be questioned, but also that of many governments, particularly the US, UK and Japan.

There is an ideal world currency, and it is called gold. And restoring gold to its rightful role at the centre of commerce is a joyful vision. The strongest economic growth the world has ever experienced occurred under the classical gold standard, which was in my view the ‘best world order’. It marked a period when the rule of law was respected and protected by governments, except those occasional periods when dictators or other demagogues assumed power.

There is an essential point made in John Locke’s treatise on silver in 1697, which is particularly illuminating when it is read in conjunction with his two treatises on government. The basic principal he explained then of course remains true today. It is that human freedom and precious metals are inseparable.

yep

and thanks for the link

much appreciated

nope

and i dont know the story line - other than the end of the world?

The economic world as we know it.

Go and watch it its full of esoteric messages.

I especially liked the clipwhere the russian oligarch is paying for his ticket to get on the ship and he asks how much and the guy says 1 billion.1 billion dollars he replies then a pause and the guy answers No EURoS. :blink:

Proof that people are getting physical with gold.

Armoured trucks leave NYC ‘loaded with gold’

HSBC cannot cope with the number of investors keeping gold in their 5th Ave vault

BY JACK BREMER | FIRST POSTED NOVEMBER 24, 2009

So many investors have turned to gold during the recession that the HSBC bank on New York’s Fifth Avenue cannot cope with the amount of bullion being kept in its vaults, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal today. As a result, fleets of armoured security trucks have been leaving Manhattan, loaded with gold bars and coins for safe-keeping elsewhere.

HSBC refused to comment to the WSJ about this reverse gold rush because of "security concerns". But sources have told the paper that owners of vaults and warehouses across the United States have had to jump to action after HSBC issued an edict that it wanted retail investors to remove their bullion to make space for big institutional customers.

"I have never seen any relocation like this," Jonathan Potts, managing director of FideliTrade, owner of the Delaware Depository warehouses in Wilmington, Delaware, told the WSJ.

The problem is that many customers who would once have traded in gold contracts now want to take hold of the precious metal physically, whether in bars or coins. And it's not something you keep under the mattress.

David Norris, executive vice president of GoldStar Trust Co., a Texas-based company which organises metal storage for its clients, told the WSJ that it was ordered by HSBC back in July to stop sending gold coins for storage.

After storing its clients’ gold at the Fifth Avenue vault for 15 years, GoldStar was now looking to get it stored at one of the Delaware depositories. Which is easier said than done, requiring something approaching a military operation.

The price of gold has gained 32 per cent this year – and hit $1164.30 an ounce on Monday. With thousands more 'gold bugs' piling in, HSBC can afford to be choosy about its clients - some might say high-handed. In a letter seen by the WSJ, the bank warned some clients that their bullion "will be returned to the address of record... at your expense," unless they issued clear instructions as to where it should be moved.

Emerging Market Central Banks Have Scope To Buy More Gold

By James Campbell

Dow Jones Newswires

via FXStreet.com

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

SINGAPORE -- Central banks of emerging markets have substantial scope to expand their gold reserves given their underweight position in the metal relative to developed market central banks, Stephen Jen, managing director of macroeconomics and forex at BlueGold Capital Management, said in a report dated Monday.

According to the report, the average gold holding ratio, or gold holdings as a percentage of total foreign exchange and gold reserves, of the U.S., Japan, ECB, UK, Germany, Italy, France, and Switzerland is 37.9% on average.

This compares with an average of 2.2% for a group that includes China, Russia, India, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Brazil, and Singapore.

"The obvious implication is that the scope for emerging market central banks to buy more gold is substantial, if they decide to diversify into gold," said Jen.

Jen also said the top eight emerging market forex reserve holders have $4.1 trillion in foreign reserves, meaning every 1% reallocation in reserves towards gold would correspond to $41 billion in gold purchases.

"If these banks raise their gold holdings from the current 2.2% to a conservative 5%, this would correspond to $115 billion in gold purchases," he said.

The Reserve Bank of India's purchase of 200 metric tons of gold from the IMF, first reported Nov. 3, which cost it around $7 billion, has been one of the factors widely cited as driving gold to new record highs.

The economic world as we know it.

Go and watch it its full of esoteric messages.

I especially liked the clipwhere the russian oligarch is paying for his ticket to get on the ship and he asks how much and the guy says 1 billion.1 billion dollars he replies then a pause and the guy answers No EURoS. :blink:

Hey Sir FitKid - cool video - I used to 'think' I could do that!!! Give me a few pints and sometimes I try!

Some more music...

Got Gold? No, do you really 'get' gold?

Obviously I can't predict the future (DYOR), but wacth the Euro tomorrow. We have closed up today with a long-legged doji, this shows extreme strength to come back from what 'some' thought was an earlier bright start!

:lol:

How about discussing an exit strategy and the next asset class to purchase with gains from gold?

Only The Mad Hatter could say this.

Or will gold reach a permanently high plateau?...

I hope you see that we are STILL at a permanently LOW plateau, and it's time to accumulate. (Why oh why is this so difficult to understand? Why oh why do people only look at nominal prices?)

http://gold.approximity.com/since1970/Gold...rium_Price.html

Gold_Price_to_External_Debt_Equilibrium_Price.png

I think gold will remain that currency for quite some time... all this talk about an "exit" mystifies me.... as if gold could get in a bubble.

It did in January 1980.

Yeah, but guess what: there is a little difference between right now, and 1980 in the bubble (see above).

Proof that people are getting physical with gold.

Armoured trucks leave NYC ‘loaded with gold’

HSBC cannot cope with the number of investors keeping gold in their 5th Ave vault

BY JACK BREMER | FIRST POSTED NOVEMBER 24, 2009

The price of gold has gained 32 per cent this year – and hit $1164.30 an ounce on Monday. With thousands more 'gold bugs' piling in...

The 'GOLD BUG' label really pi$$es me off for some reason.

This is more like it -

The price of gold has gained 32 per cent this year – and hit $1164.30 an ounce on Monday. With thousands more 'very wise investors who don't like getting shafted by corrupt governments/banksters' piling in...

Bloody $heeple... :angry:

Rant over.

there WILL come a time when it will make sense to swap some gold for other assets (property?) but that time is not on the horizon (see Goldfinger's Gold versus Property chart)

The dead cat bounce is over, next leg down in full swing.

http://gold.approximity.com/gold-silver_watch.html

UK_House_Prices_in_Gold_LOG_GUESS.png

I like silver too. The ratio looks a bit stubborn in the 60s though. I feel safer in gold so will swap at around 55. Yet, will make sure to keep a few ounces of silver just in case it becomes the new gold. :)

On a historical basis, the ratio is below 40:1 at over 50% of the time. A swap at 55:1 seems therefore too early, especially if one takes the Peak Silver situation for real.

Gold-Silver-Ratio_Q.png