• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Don't count your chickens yet. Especially if you have deflationist tendencies, you might end up with less chickens than expected anyway (chicken deflation).

Hmmm, $993, is this ALL they have??

Ahem.....hyper-deflationary tendencies thankyou very much. :) [see signature]

This theory expects further chaos in the price of gold [more so in silver actually] before it eventually doubles in price.

Lets face it, the hyper-inflationary scenario hasn't even got off the ground...even after all this QE and stimulus. A new theory, neither simply inflation nor deflation yet incorporating both, is required imo.

I'm loving these dips. Gives me a chance to get my remaining savings out of GBP :P

I am a buyer of any and all gold weakness here.

Yes, I doubt gold will go down much. Silver on the other hand could, and it would then be a much cheaper way to buy gold; buy silver when it slumps then swap to gold at a later date.

Give it a rest, hubris, pride before a fall etc etc. :lol:

Not being proud at all... just stating certain facts that do not fit in well with what seems to be the current orthodoxy for many, that of hyper-inflation. This hyped up approach no doubt causes some to rush into metals 100%.

For some not so seasoned veterans, this could well prove traumatic if prices are to [momentarily] crash.

I have most of my cash with GM where it can easily converted to add to the bullion I hold there. I am not too concerned about the state of the banks..... at the moment.

I think we'll go back to the October 2008 situation pretty soon (see Merv's and Ali D.'s comments recently). They'll print like crazy to paper over this.

I think we'll go back to the October 2008 situation pretty soon (see Merv's and Ali D.'s comments recently). They'll print like crazy to paper over this.

Yes, something to keep an eye on. Also, of interest for me, is what the market does. Thinking of chickens, it might react like one with its head cut off, running all over the place sending prices flying everywhere. I like to think I could remain calm in any panic, whether inflationary or deflationary, and take advantage of it.

Must practice Zen. :rolleyes:

I have 3 different designed coins.

the one on its own (posted a seperate post for that one), the other 2 types have a younger & older queen vic I presume but both have the same St george slaying the dragon on the back. Sorry if I am being clumsy explaining, but I haven't ever seen a real sov up close to be honest.

First time I bought a sovereign I was a little suspicious of them, but after spending a bit of time on Chards Gold Sovereigns website I found more than enough info to put my mind at rest. There is quite a bit of variety in the Obverse(heads) and the Reverses(shields/george&dragon) also the mint marks are worth exploring with a very good magnifying glass.

It may be worth investing £20 in a 2009 copy of Spinks coin catalogue, its got much more detail for identifying Sovereign mintage as well as covering all the other coins produced in the UK. No need to get the 2009 edition, most of the interesting coinage was made during the empire. You can pick up a 2005-6 copy for £5-6.

A good basic knowledge of sovereign designs, dates, mint marks, mintage will give an advantage if your ever offered some cheap sovereigns, you should be able to spot fakes from the real thing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coins-England-Unit...5756&sr=8-3

Not at my fingertips, plenty of links on Google, but the 3 heads of state met somewhere in the USA last year and signed the agreement on the QT - not much publicity, don't want to scare the people. The Amero is very much like the Euro - the elites want I think 4 major currencies before the Globalo comes in - there will be an African/ME currency, and an Asian one with Oz lumped in with Chia/Japan - there was an article in The Economist about 1988 describing the move to the Globalo - obviously written by someone in the know - a one world currency has been on the drawing board for at least 100 years, probably longer than that...

The amero is a proposed currency for the 3 member countries of NAFTA. It is not legal tender, yet. But it was proposed under wraps, and as of yesterday, it was not a currency that has been discussed openly and in public by anyone of the 3 congresses or parliaments of the 3 members: Canada, Mexico and the US. The US Congress has not discussed this proposed currency openly, yet. The Federal Reserve Board has not brought the topic into the open, yet. Neither has any one of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks. The Bank of Canada has not yet brought the issue to the fore, and neither has the Banco de Mexico, in their respective territories. Some internet searches bring forth links to sites that claim the amero is more or less a 'vanity coin', as in a privately issued coin that may be purchased by collectors, even via the internet. But the Cubans seem to be better informed. Thus, I offer the link. Sorry, it is in Spanish, with footnotes, for us skeptics. The plan is apparently to install or establish this new currency in all 3 countries, on January 1, 2010.

I have seen this date in a couple of internet articles. But I have not seen yet the original document where the 3 governments agree to establish this (proposed) new currency within their territories, on the aforesaid date (January 1, 2010).

wwe-smackdown-results.jpg

I bet it recovers to over 1000 by the end of the day though..........

hmmm, sorry to be a killjoy, but i don't think we will see 1000 until mid-late October now; imho this is a necessary correction whilst the $ catches it's breath.

I still reckon on $1250ish around April, it just won't happen in a straight line

Like the pic btw, just call me HHH

I presume you are not from the North then ?

edited - sorry guys, I know I keep going on about the North, but it's sh1te, cold, miserable & most of the people are thick......I am counting down the weeks to our relocation, ala prison style on an imaginary wall.

The intelligent people are avoiding you (with good reason) :rolleyes:

Dunno if this was posted somewhere else on the forum. Chinese news report on the government silver investment initiative. Applies to gold too, I think.

Think i'll throw my lot in with the chinois