All the signals are flashing red I know, but seems risky going all in on metals. I know some of you are and hats off to you for having golden balls. (How'd you explain that one to the missus?)

Having said that, I did order another 100oz of silver last week :rolleyes:

I am very lucky in that my lady is 100% behind me on this, I guess explaining to her how gold has held it's buying power over time helped initially. Before going down this route I did a lot of research and was always reading stuff to her. We are not looking at this as an investment though, more as a wealth preservation tool.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

All the signals are flashing red I know, but seems risky going all in on metals. I know some of you are and hats off to you for having golden balls. (How'd you explain that one to the missus?)

Having said that, I did order another 100oz of silver last week :rolleyes:

you tell your missus you have gold? :blink:

I've buried mine where the divorce lawyers will never find it! :lol:

hmm, i've been resisting the urge to press the 'sell half!' button, with the aim of buying it all (+more?) back again!

Actually I'm now feeling quite bullish, considering that quite often when I'm feeling confident it doesn't go the way I hoped!

I'm expecting some sort of 'plot twist' this time around, should be interesting...

hmm, i've been resisting the urge to press the 'sell half!' button, with the aim of buying it all (+more?) back again!

Actually I'm now feeling quite bullish, considering that quite often when I'm feeling confident it doesn't go the way I hoped!

I'm expecting some sort of 'plot twist' this time around, should be interesting...

A pull back to the mid 900's and silver to around $15 mark I reckon, but no lower.

However when I get an idea like that in my head it usually bites me on the ar*se!*

I'd like to see the dollar up a bit too before it's next leg down- but that's for personal reasons!

*See what I mean!

BEIJING, Sept 21 (Reuters) - China is considering buying gold being offered for sale by the International Monetary Fund, Market News International said on Monday, citing two unnamed government sources, but the report could not immediately be confirmed.

http://in.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...P48213620090921

Is the IMF's bluff being called ?????

BEIJING, Sept 21 (Reuters) - China is considering buying gold being offered for sale by the International Monetary Fund, Market News International said on Monday, citing two unnamed government sources, but the report could not immediately be confirmed.

News after the G20 is certainly going to be very interesting.

As a girl in Wales once said to me ,"Oh boy... this is gonna hurt!" :blink::mellow:;)

:D

As a girl in Wales once said to me ,"Oh boy... this is gonna hurt!" :blink::mellow:;)

:D

She couldn't bear the disappointment?

Are we allowed pictures of Pocket Rockets?

Speaking of which, what the hell happened to the POG and USD? As Mark Twain didn't say, "news of the dollar's short term recovery have been greatly exaggerated."

Global recovery combined with G20 seeking reduction in global trade imbalances

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aWtNXDQyBLJk

And the US knows it can't bully its way out any more

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bb368bfa-a6ec-11...144feabdc0.html

James Turk has updated his FGMR website.

Free Gold Money Report by James Turk

Welcome to the new FGMR website! Having published my paid subscription newsletter since 1987, I am pleased to offer these same commentaries, market insights and more in this new free, online report – the Free Gold Money Report.

My objective is to share with you my views on gold, which in recent decades has become one of the world's most misunderstood asset classes. This low level of knowledge about gold creates a wonderful opportunity and competitive edge to everyone who truly understands gold and money. It is my aim to help everyone - whether you are a novice investor or an experienced trader - who follows these commentaries to take advantage of the opportunity gold now offers.

It contains various RSS news feeds;

feed://www.fgmr.com/rss/speaking-engagements.xml

feed://www.fgmr.com/rss/articles.xml

feed://www.fgmr.com/rss/market-commentaries.xml

Thanks Pixel8r. He's got a running commentary on the gold:silver ratio; here is the most recent one.

He also gives you his trading strategy of the gold/silver ratio here;

Gold/Silver Ratio - short (i.e., long silver and short an equal dollar value of gold) from 72.1 on July 13, 2009. Stop-out point: the ratio closes on Comex above 62.2 (updated 18 Sep 09)

http://www.fgmr.com/trading-current-positi...rticle_types=39

Bullion banks are on the hook and are trying to push gold back, but they can't.

A dislocation is coming fast.

This is all you need to know and is 100% correct, guaranteed.

Hints: 1) watch the gold contango and 2) watch the USD

No contango yet, but negative lease (GoFo-LIBOR) rates. In general, I'd agree that it's going to get interesting pretty soon.

Hold on to a heavy silver bar when the storm hits. :)

Maybe cg has called a major turn in the gold situation here? We'll see. :)

You got to be in it to win it.

How Gold and Silver prices cause currency systems to crash

At most Business Schools you won't learn the real causes of currency crashes. But from historic perspective it has been a consequence of a distorted Gold - Currency relationship, causing huge outflows of Gold

No contango yet, but negative lease (GoFo-LIBOR) rates. In general, I'd agree that it's going to get interesting pretty soon.

Hold on to a heavy silver bar when the storm hits. :)

I think what cgnao means is watch gold's contango move to backwardation. Gold is always in contango, meaning it is always cheaper to buy now (spot price) than in a month or more (futures price). We did see backwardation for a while recently, meaning gold was more expensive to buy now than in the futures market. Backwardation in gold means that people are losing faith with the ability of the futures market to deliver what it promises.

Contango's Gold Standard - http://seekingalpha.com/article/128493-con...s-gold-standard

Gold's Contango: Smallish But Constant

There's one commodity, however, that's in constant contango: gold. Gold's resistance to backwardation rests upon its utility. Gold isn't, for the most part, consumed. Virtually all of the gold that's ever been mined and refined is still with us; it gets recycled, not destroyed. You can't say that about oil or wheat. Oil becomes greenhouse gas and wheat becomes, well ultimately, fertilizer.