• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

It almost makes me think the markets are manipulated... :rolleyes:

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised to see the volatility in gold calm down a bit. Whatever way the market scares, whether inflation or deflation [apart from whether the wheels fall off the economy] I reckon gold is now effectively thought of by the big investors as a monetary asset. The QE event has pretty much put the breaks on gold going on another mega dip and continued concerns about economies and currencies has put a floor of sorts under it. Maybe best to just accumulate with wages.

As for silver, now there is a different story..... :rolleyes:

I think this might be the one to remain wickedly volatile and fruitfully traded..... or platinum.

Yup, at $400 I would take out a mortgage and load up.

China would as well, and therefore it ain't going to happen.

The PTB seem stupid and much of the time act in stupid ways (Gordon selling the gold etc.), but in the end they will always realize or know that they need gold.

China would as well, and therefore it ain't going to happen.

The PTB seem stupid and much of the time act in stupid ways (Gordon selling the gold etc.), but in the end they will always realize or know that they need gold.

You of all should like this as highlights Gord's (EDIT stoopidity) in the table for one....then again it might also make you angry.

Three reasons to buy gold from someone who describes himself as NOT a hardcore goldbug :rolleyes:

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/why-gold-lo...ve-higher-33588

just for the austrian thinkers

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

In case you missed this the first time it was posted, please do not miss it this time. What allowed me to call $900 in the early 1970s was pure math.

Here is another exercise of similar character.

Mises’ Equation = Gold Price $6,000 - $31,000?

"Thorsten Polleit, Honorary Professor at Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, did some calculations for this and found (as of March ’09):

- backing all of M1 with gold. M1 divided by gold oz. results in $6000 per oz.

- backing M2 with gold and you get $31,000 per oz.

- backing Euro M3 and gold is E26,000"

Does Mises’ Equation Give a Basis for Gold Price?

May 03, 2009

Assuming you agree to a strict Austrian approach to life and love, Mises advocated sound monetary policy by returning to a gold standard and developed this equation for a “regression” to a properly backed currency called the gold cover ratio:

GCR = (C+D+T+S+L) / G

Where C is cash, D is demand deposits, T time deposits, S savings, and L banks long term liabilities. And our favorite variable G is oz of gold at Fort Knox.

Thorsten Polleit, Honorary Professor at Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, did some calculations for this and found (as of March ’09):

backing all of M1 with gold. M1 divided by gold oz. results in $6000 per oz.

backing M2 with gold and you get $31,000 per oz.

backing Euro M3 and gold is E26,000

But the real impact of Mises’ work is not in what the price of gold should or could be but rather the conclusion that no matter what the government does (e.g. quantitative easing, free running printing presses, artificially low interest rates, stimulus packages, bank bailouts, TARP, TALF, etc, etc) we still get a serious erosion if not all out loss of the exchange value of fiat money

You of all should like this as highlights Gord's (EDIT stoopidity) in the table for one....then again it might also make you angry.

Pathetic - I don't know why he just didn't sell the lot and have done with it. Switzerland has a population of only 7.6 million so that is impressive.